Who will become the European Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an outdated reputation - the Italian league has had the most goals per season in europes top 5 leagues for the last 8 seasons in a row. The league is far more attacking than any other now.

It used to be about Nesta, Maldini, Thuram, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Matterazzi, Zanetti, Lucio etc. but now the only class defenders in the league are Bonucci, Chiellini, Skriniar, Godin and Acerbi (debatable)

Eriksen is just not being used correctly in Inter's system
but now the only class defenders in the league are Bonucci, Chiellini, Skriniar, Godin and Acerbi (debatable)

+ De Vrij and Kumbula (Hellas Verona)

but now the only class defenders in the league are Bonucci, Chiellini, Skriniar, Godin and Acerbi (debatable)

+ De Vrij and Kumbula (Hellas Verona)
Kumbula's good but he's not world class
De Vrij is close

But if you compare the current roster of great defenders to those from 10 years ago...

Thiago Silva, Gianluca Zambrotta, Alessandro Nesta, Maicon, Walter Samuel, Javier Zanetti, Lucio, Giorgio Chiellini, Fabio Cannavaro, Juan, Philippe Mexes, John-Arne Riise, Stefan Radu, Stefan Lichtsteiner, Aleksander Kolarov, Alessandro Gamberini, Christian Panucci

By contrast, the attacks in Serie A are much better now than 10 years ago, the league's been tipped on its head in terms of play style

Kumbula's good but he's not world class
De Vrij is close

But if you compare the current roster of great defenders to those from 10 years ago...

Thiago Silva, Gianluca Zambrotta, Alessandro Nesta, Maicon, Walter Samuel, Javier Zanetti, Lucio, Giorgio Chiellini, Fabio Cannavaro, Juan, Philippe Mexes, John-Arne Riise, Stefan Radu, Stefan Lichtsteiner, Aleksander Kolarov, Alessandro Gamberini, Christian Panucci

By contrast, the attacks in Serie A are much better now than 10 years ago, the league's been tipped on its head in terms of play style
Nah, this season De Vrij is better than Skriniar for me. He is more consistent.

I guess we'll see null and void season i dont really see things will settle untill June .
So much needs to be settled - a null and void season means many many many court cases for each countries FA as teams need promotions and relegations. In England, for example, you cant just not promote Leeds and West Brom, but equally, you cant forcibly relegate teams with 9 games left to play - the FA would be sued. That's not a risk the FA is willing to take.

Likewise, teams at the top of football will be hard done by. Liverpool deprived of their first league title in 30 years. Lazio potentially deprived of their first title in 19 years and UCL football in 17 years. RBL could be deprived of their first ever league title. Reims could be deprived of their first European cup/UCL football since 1988 - It's a huge problem.

The season has to finish. It doesnt matter when the next one starts though. 2021/22 could just be a 2022 season, for example

No point null and voiding leagues that are two thirds done in favour of a league that not only hasn't started, we don't even know when they will start up again.
Exactly

Start next season later - make the fixture lists quite condensed so the difference isnt so big that the Euros are impeded, make the transfer window run as normal but with nobody allowed to represent a club until the start of next season

Exactly

Start next season later - make the fixture lists quite condensed so the difference isnt so big that the Euros are impeded, make the transfer window run as normal but with nobody allowed to represent a club until the start of next season
Yeah, and if the next season is starting really late I'd call off the domestic cups for the year to ensure the full league rosters can be played.

Well, that's what I'd do, but with sponsorship and tv money involved I'm 99.9999% sure that wouldn't happen.

H

Homelander

No point null and voiding leagues that are two thirds done in favour of a league that not only hasn't started, we don't even know when they will start up again.
the leagues wont start for another 2 months and even if we flatten the curve there are still Asymptotic patients that needs to be isolated .

We cant really risk the league to start in June/July , if the league continues we need to look how Champions league and Europa fixture takes place . Even if UK does flatten the curve italy and Spain are facing huge problem so i dont see any point league fixture to happen anytime soon.

Hopefully wait and watch is the answer overall my point stands clear if virus is not tackled by june then league void might happen .

H

Homelander

Exactly

To avoid league getting void , FA should move next season to December so that all league/Europa fixture and CL goes without any problem.

We cannot abandon one without other it can lead to cluster fuck . Hopefully FA talks with UEFA and fix European fixtures and hopefult the league begins around Late June or Mid July .

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The biggest problem with playing past the end of june/july will be player contracts.
Some players have already agreed to join new clubs and have signed contracts (for example ziyech to chelsea) and players all over the worlds contracts will be finishing.
Playing the same season past that point will be a legal minefield. I expect a date will be set whereas if they cant complete it in time it will be voided.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
The biggest problem with playing past the end of june/july will be player contracts.
Some players have already agreed to join new clubs and have signed contracts (for example ziyech to chelsea) and players all over the worlds contracts will be finishing.
Playing the same season past that point will be a legal minefield. I expect a date will be set whereas if they cant complete it in time it will be voided.
I saw today in french news some article saying the latest guidelines by FIFA are for all the players contracts & the next transfer windows to be changed to ignore the date of "june 30" but rather to be "after the current season ends and before the new season starts" whenever that may be.... so if for example hypothetically the current season were to be finished at end of December and the new season were to start in Feb 2021 (as several personalities are suggesting, considering next world cup), that would mean the new contracts deadline would be changed to end of Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.