Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Chapter summary :

I knew Kan Ki kept Ogiko around for a reason. He may be a simpleton but he has keen instinct. Makes sense Kan Ki would trust him so much.

I'm glad Koku'Ou is dead but she got off easy.

Very curious what becomes of Rin Gyoku. Can't see him outrunning the Zhao cavalry by himself, so maybe he dies alongside Kan Ki in the following chapter?

Damn. I can't wait for raws.

So how weakened is Zenou here?
I'm surprised JKR gets the kill and not Bananji.
He's been on his last legs since Gishi Plains so he really didn't any business even coming close to Ri Boku. I'm not surprised he died so easily but I am disappointed.

I'm also surprised Ba Nan Ji didn't come in to do the clean up, but maybe Hara thought it too predictable?

Only thing I don’t like about Koku’Ou dying is that it’s at the hands of a grunt.

Duke Ko Haku should get at least one scalp and I don’t believe it will be Kan Ki.

Maybe he takes down Rin Gyoku.

Kan Ki will likely be pulled from his horse and butchered by nameless soldiers.

I think Hara might reserve his most grotesque Kan Ki gore scene for Kan Ki himself.

Last edited:
Wow Kokuou and Zenou are dead in an instant. That’s kind of what happens when you are overwhelmed. Kanki sending Ogiko to specifically save Shin is surprising. Why Shin specifically? (Did he rate Shin more than Mouten or his own commanders?). Anyway Kanki’s death is gonna be emotional for sure
Think Kanki has respect for Shin in his own way. That's why i guess.

From a writing POV, it's just a way to make it easier to write Ogiko into the HSU.

Only thing I don’t like about Koku’Ou dying is that it’s at the hands of a grunt..

Duke Ko Haku should get at least one scalp and I don’t believe it will be Kan Ki.

Maybe he takes down Rin Gyoku.

Kan Ki will likely be pulled from his horse and butchered by nameless soldiers.

I think Hara might reserve his most grotesque Kan Ki gore scene for Kan Ki himself.
I expect Kanki to be butchered too. X.x

I wanna know how the hell they’re going to make it back to Qin territories.

Perhaps Kan Ki’s death has a similar effect to what they were hoping Ri Boku’s death would have: a disruption and break in discipline that creates a window of opportunity to escape.
all of Zhao busy disecting Kanki and celebrating their W while Shin leads a escape plan with sudden burst of their emotions channeling into their weapons.

I see a big trigger here. The trust on Shin may makes Shin grow his instinct close to Duke hyou. But there will be a time that Shin decide to retreat when he doesnt see a place to 'Lit the fire'. The palace reinforcement don't get in time for Kanki. It might saved for Shin. I don't read the history

Very good chapter to me. Only need to wait the actual chapter.

Created a poll.

Q: Will Shin keep Kan Ki's pendant and be appointed to the Six Great Generals after the Zhao Retaliation Arc?

Options:
A) Shin will keep the pendant AND become a Six Great General
B) Shin will keep the pendant but WON'T be appointed a Six Great General
C) Shin will NEITHER keep the pendant NOR become a Six Great General
D) Shin will return the pendant AND be appointed a Six Great General