Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
Any translation ?
Its prob Kanki tricked them right ?
Two things :

- Enkan and Gian's army huge chunk has already separated from Riboku and taking actions solely.

- Secondly, Kanki did something huge which could affect Riboku pretty badly

Rough translation is saying he has set Hika on Fire or something like that. So we are waiting for translation from reliable sources.
Post automatically merged:

In the chapter's end, Kanki is saying : However the real battle begins from here, Riboku.

@Warchief Sanji D Goat forgot to tag you again...
:josad:

Last edited:
These spoilers kinda irk the shit out of me.

Ri Boku knows the Kan Ki Army is down to hundreds.

He knows the bulk of forces that escaped from Gishi Plains are HSA and GKA.

He must know from the soldiers/civilians at Gian that the HSA and GKA left with Kan Ki.

Most important of all, he knows Shin is not the type to allow Kan Ki to butcher civilians.

Hara's choices in shaping the dynamic between Shin and Ri Boku is undermining the quality of storytelling in its inconsistency.

UNLESS
it will be revealed part of the reason why Ri Boku sees through Kan Ki's ploy, besides the corpse tree being too obvious, is that he doesn't buy Kan Ki's bluff because Shin is with him.

He's leaving out a ton of crucial context. It happens a lot in Kingdom fandom. I really dislike it because it's done in the context of hyping up Kou En like he's a Yonkou type figure in a shounen battle manga. Some crucial deets:
Shin had 200K troops and Kou En had 500K. Why that discrepancy was so huge, we can never know for certain, but the records appear to imply youthful hubris on the part of Shin who believed 200K would suffice, whereas the seasoned Ou Sen thought no fewer than 600,000 would do it. Supposedly, Ei Sei accused Ou Sen of cowardice and appointed Shin to head the invasion force. Did this really happen? Perhaps, perhaps not.

The historical records of antiquity were often subject to bias, agendas of blame shifting, contradictions and inaccuracies. More recent examinations of that period, and that fateful battle - the largest setback in Qin's unification war - would seem suggest that, but regardless of why the Qin were so disadvantaged numerically, it arguably wasn't the biggest factor in their defeat.

To make matters worse for the Qin, Shou Hei Kun, who was originally a prince of Chu, betrayed Qin and ambushed Shin behind enemy lines. Together with Kou En, they routed the Qin and sent them packing. SHK was crowned the last King of Chu by Kou En and Shin was replaced by Ou Sen.

Again, we can never know the true circumstances, but pretty much all historical records suggest Ei Sei was a psychopath of the highest order, a brutal tyrant who repaid every slight and failure - perceived or otherwise - with extreme violence and depravity. In that period of China, generals who failed so spectacularly were either executed or expected to take their own lives. Sometimes those were considered the lucky ones. Sometimes entire bloodlines were extinguished for displeasing the emperor.

So, it begs the question - why did Ei Sei let Shin live after this undoubtedly catastrophic failure? There is no indication they were best friends as they are in the manga. Shin was a noble and the son of a governor and bureaucrat, not a lowly servant, so why was he not blamed and punished accordingly?

Not only did Shin live, but he also carried on serving and was most notably part of taking down Yan (includes his biggest achievement of the unification wars) and later Qi, the last state to fall. After he retired, he was given various lands, titles and honours for his distinguished military career. Generations later his descendants would become famous generals in their own right, and some even became emperors of the Tang dynasty.

All that is to say, don't feel too bad for Shin (he likely was as much of a bastard as the rest of them), and don't buy too much into the Kou En hype.

Fearsome as he undoubtedly will be, Kou En got wiped the fuck out in a not too dissimilar fashion just a year later when Ou Sen brought 600,000 troops and played mind games for a year before taking the Chu by storm. Kou En was either killed in battle or committed suicide, the records conflict on the method, but not the result.

Last edited:
Translation by Saemoon 1
Enkan: Kanki has left Gi’an and is heading to Hika where our families are! Moreover, he isn’t aiming to take hostages, he means to slaughter them all! This is a race against time! Gi’an Army…

Enkan: Make for Hika at full speed!
Narration: Once it was made clear that Kanki was heading for Hika, the Zhao forces concentrated in Gi’an began rushing to Hika one after the next.

Narration: The cavalry of the Northern Zhao have always been fast. And the infantry were trained to be as fast as possible. The armies sped towards Hika at a pace unimaginable for a 100,000-man army. All of Zhao was aware of Kanki’s cruelty during the battle at Heiyou, and they refused to allow something like that to occur in Hika which was overflowing with citizens.

Narration: But, the Kanki army passed through the nearby woodlands. And Hika was already in their sights.

**Switching to a summary format from here on, orz
Maron asks if they’re really gonna do this cause there’s no coming back. Koku’ou calls him a coward.

Ringyoku says there’s no other option because staying in Gi’an was impossible. He says if Raido was there, he’d tell them that they’re all just following the boss. “It’s strange. Raido died so long ago, but it lately if feels like…”

“If I call for him, he’d show right up immediately.” Ringyoku says he led a small group of mountain bandits and always heard there was a real tough group of bandits to the south. So he moved there and joined the Kanki clan. He says it’s not because he wanted to do anything amazing, just that there were a lot of bandits where he was and he didn’t want to die pointlessly there. He says that he first started to think life was enjoyable after joining Kanki.

Ringyoku says that the groups that joined with Kanki were simply just breathing, but after they joined they could raise their heads and truly start living. From the outside, they just looked like a bunch of shitty bandits, but that wasn’t so. And now they’re official soldiers of a great general of Qin.

Ringyoku says that the way they are now would seem like a dream within a dream to their past selves. And so, no matter how shitty their final outcome is, there could have been no greater outcome for their lives.

Bandits: Hell yeah, we’re the greatest!
Kanki: So damn loud…

Kanki says they should be mistaken and think he pulled them together just to lift them up. He says he just originally formed a clan so he could have his revenge.

Kanki says that the people gathered here are absolute shit, but people are shit throughout this world. And that he’s just doing as he pleases and killing those who piss him off. Koku’ou says they know that.

Maron says but now it’s them that are getting their asses kicked by the guys Kanki hates. Kanki says his one and only mistake was not killing Maron the time Maron tried to take control for himself. But that he hasn’t made any mistakes since then and this time too…

Kanki: If you just do exactly what I say, everything will turn out well.

Kanki: If you understand, then follow me. As always, the one to win is gonna be me.

The narration says that Hika lays beyond the wooded area. The cavalry made use of their speed by passing around the woods entirely while the other armies passed through the clearings in the woods. And so, the fastest to arrive to the castle was Enkan. “They were rushing to save their families, but what they saw was…

Flames.” Enkan’s army becomes worked up at the sight of the flames and rushes forward even faster. The fire is reported to Riboku.

Riboku’s vision went dark and he wonders if Kanki is crazy. He says that Kanki’s only lifeline was to use the citizens as a shield either as hostages or through torture.

Riboku thinks that even if they kill Kanki after he’s killed so many civilians that it won’t be Zhao’s victory. They will have lost so many civilians from the north and in doing so, lost the trust of the northern people. If that’s the case, it’s very nearly a loss for them. Once Kanki realized he couldn’t be rescued, he decided to walk the path of mutual destruction and drag Zhao down with him.
Narration: In that moment, Riboku admitted he had looked down on Kanki. But, what would make Riboku truly tremble with fear would come next.

Last edited:
kankiiiiiii
the goat 🐐 🙌
he will not go down this easily
the north will be destroyed either army or land this the price of kanki head.

He must know from the soldiers/civilians at Gian that the HSA and GKA left with Kan Ki.

Most important of all, he knows Shin is not the type to allow Kan Ki to butcher civilians.

Hara's choices in shaping the dynamic between Shin and Ri Boku is undermining the quality of storytelling in its inconsistency.

UNLESS
it will be revealed part of the reason why Ri Boku sees through Kan Ki's ploy, besides the corpse tree being too obvious, is that he doesn't buy Kan Ki's bluff because Shin is with him.

He's leaving out a ton of crucial context. It happens a lot in Kingdom fandom. I really dislike it because it's done in the context of hyping up Kou En like he's a Yonkou type figure in a shounen battle manga. Some crucial deets:
Shin had 200K troops and Kou En had 500K. Why that discrepancy was so huge, we can never know for certain, but the records appear to imply youthful hubris on the part of Shin who believed 200K would suffice, whereas the seasoned Ou Sen thought no fewer than 600,000 would do it. Supposedly, Ei Sei accused Ou Sen of cowardice and appointed Shin to head the invasion force. Did this really happen? Perhaps, perhaps not.

The historical records of antiquity were often subject to bias, agendas of blame shifting, contradictions and inaccuracies. More recent examinations of that period, and that fateful battle - the largest setback in Qin's unification war - would seem suggest that, but regardless of why the Qin were so disadvantaged numerically, it arguably wasn't the biggest factor in their defeat.

To make matters worse for the Qin, Shou Hei Kun, who was originally a prince of Chu, betrayed Qin and ambushed Shin behind enemy lines. Together with Kou En, they routed the Qin and sent them packing. SHK was crowned the last King of Chu by Kou En and Shin was replaced by Ou Sen.

Again, we can never know the true circumstances, but pretty much all historical records suggest Ei Sei was a psychopath of the highest order, a brutal tyrant who repaid every slight and failure - perceived or otherwise - with extreme violence and depravity. In that period of China, generals who failed so spectacularly were either executed or expected to take their own lives. Sometimes those were considered the lucky ones. Sometimes entire bloodlines were extinguished for displeasing the emperor.

So, it begs the question - why did Ei Sei let Shin live after this undoubtedly catastrophic failure? There is no indication they were best friends as they are in the manga. Shin was a noble and the son of a governor and bureaucrat, not a lowly servant.

Not only did Shin live, but he also carried on serving and was most notably part of taking down Yan (includes his biggest achievement of the unification wars) and later Qi, the last state to fall. After he retired, he was given various lands, titles and honours for his distinguished military career. Generations later descendants would become famous generals in their own right, and even some even became emperors of the Tang dynasty.

All that is to say, don't feel too bad for Shin (he likely was as much of a bastard as of them), and don't buy too much into the Kou En hype.

Fearsome as he undoubtedly will be, Kou En got wiped the fuck out in a not too dissimilar fashion just a year later when Ou Sen brought 600,000 troops and played mind games for a year before taking the Chu by storm. Kou En was either killed in battle or committed suicide out - records on conflict on the method, but not the result.
wrong shk didn't ambush shin

also shk left qin years before shin 200k campaign so it's not excuse for shin or moten .
also remember shin at that time is 6gg and moten as well maybe with them ohon 6gg as well.

the numbers 200k or 600k is the not the reason of shin defeat

its how kouen played them
kouedn fought shin army and he showed them he cant hold them by getting defeated at many cities.
this how he tricked qin armies

UNLESS

So, it begs the question - why did Ei Sei let Shin live after this undoubtedly catastrophic failure? There is no indication they were best friends as they are in the manga. Shin was a noble and the son of a governor and bureaucrat, not a lowly servant.

Not only did Shin live, but he also carried on serving and was most notably part of taking down Yan (includes his biggest achievement of the unification wars) and later Qi, the last state to fall. After he retired, he was given various lands, titles and honours for his distinguished military career. Generations later descendants would become famous generals in their own right, and even some even became emperors of the Tang dynasty.

All that is to say, don't feel too bad for Shin (he likely was as much of a bastard as of them), and don't buy too much into the Kou En hype.

Fearsome as he undoubtedly will be, Kou En got wiped the fuck out in a not too dissimilar fashion just a year later when Ou Sen brought 600,000 troops and played mind games for a year before taking the Chu by storm. Kou En was either killed in battle or committed suicide out - records on conflict on the method, but not the result.
I hope that when the time comes, that numerical difference is changed by Hara. He's changed it in the current arc for eg. I wanna see Kouen decimate in an even exchange.

Even forgetting history, one thing is clear is that Kouen will not be levels inferior to the top tiers. He will be a 'Yonkou'.
[/spoiler[

i think rbk will achieve his goal
which is kanki head .
but the price is the northern army and generals + citizens.

and cuz he got kanki head
he will be rewarded not punished
i think the kid king doesn't care about north if rbk won .
qin has to prepare for this lost
150k + one of 6gg

kankiiiiiii
the goat 🐐 🙌
he will not go down this easily
the north will be destroyed either army or land this the price of kanki head.

wrong shk didn't ambush shin

also shk left qin years before shin 200k campaign so it's not excuse for shin or moten .
also remember shin at that time is 6gg and moten as well maybe with them ohon 6gg as well.

the numbers 200k or 600k is the not the reason of shin defeat

its how kouen played them
kouedn fought shin army and he showed them he cant hold them by getting defeated at many cities.
this how he tricked qin armies
Not wrong.

SHK moved to Ying, the former capital of Chu, in 226 BC, 2 years before Shin's invasion. This was likely a punishment because the real Ei Sei was a tremendously paranoid prick.

When the first invasion began in 224 BC, Shin and Mou Ten split forces to capture key strongholds on the way to the Chu capital, however SHK incited rebellion in one of the cities Shin had captured, Yanying (where he also moved to in the same year) forcing him to turn back after rendezvousing with Mou Ten instead of making progress to the Chu capital.

SHK set a trap while Kou En, who had preserved his strength for a counterattacked, initiated a relentless pursuit of the Qin armies that culminated in a battle in which the Qin were virtually wiped out.

Contextualising is not making excuses and I wish so-called fans of history would stop confusing the two. I have no reason to make excuses on behalf of what was most likely a brutal warlord who got his shit rocked by another probable brutal warlord. Real life Shin, or Li Xin, is not a figure I have any inclination of defending out of some misguided loyalty to a fictional interpretation. It's insulting you think I would, lol.

That said, as an avid fan of ancient history in particular, I know the truth does not survive the ravages of times without distortion. SHK's rebellion isn't even recorded in the Shiji if I recall correctly, so I am very curious how that will go.

I doubt anything will happen to him.

He has a 100K men, the Qin have barely 10K.

That said, rushing in blind against Kan Ki is not a good idea.

I hope that when the time comes, that numerical difference is changed by Hara. He's changed it in the current arc for eg. I wanna see Kouen decimate in an even exchange.

Even forgetting history, one thing is clear is that Kouen will not be levels inferior to the top tiers. He will be a 'Yonkou'.
[/spoiler[
I think he will tbh.

Last edited: