Morality is a consequence of our social nature buddy.

Morality is simply the result of social pressure and our need to survive and strive. Its not "objective". Its derivative of a sociological context.

Killing is bad not because there is a superior objective morality outside of all of us, its bad because if we say its good, we risk extinction.
There are a lot of debates about this issue, but morality be a consequence of social interaction does not necessarily go too far as to deny the existence of objective morality.

AL sama

Red Haired
Wrong, everyone is a sinner. Everyone is immoral. Being Christian,Muslim or Jew doesn't make one automatically good. A real Christian recognizes the inherent evil in all of us. Following the teaches of Christ makes it possible to live a moral life,if you don't you probably gonna fail the test. You are either not familiar with Abrahamic religions or you talking in bad faith.
did you even understand what I said??

Morality is a consequence of our social nature buddy.

Morality is simply the result of social pressure and our need to survive and strive. Its not "objective". Its derivative of a sociological context.

Killing is bad not because there is a superior objective morality outside of all of us, its bad because if we say its good, we risk extinction.
Morality might not exist outside of human relationships, but it is a reality of the human experience, so to us it is an objective fact. Morality is part of the human experience, just like religion.
Post automatically merged:

did you even understand what I said??
Pretty sure that post was not aimed at you. What's up?
Post automatically merged:

The simple truth = Christianity?
the simple truth= trolls have no life.

Morality - "a set of personal or social standards for good or bad behaviour and character"

or

"a personal or social set of standards for good or bad behavior and character, or the quality of being right and honest"

by the straight definition of the word, in both english dictionaries, morality is based on either personal beliefs or a specific society

therefore, there's no such thing as OBJECTIVE morality, because every single person or society is gonna disagree about it

this is pretty cut and clear imo

Morality - "a set of personal or social standards for good or bad behaviour and character"

or

"a personal or social set of standards for good or bad behavior and character, or the quality of being right and honest"

by the straight definition of the word, in both english dictionaries, morality is based on either personal beliefs or a specific society

therefore, there's no such thing as OBJECTIVE morality, because every single person or society is gonna disagree about it

Try to convince a self centered narcissist 🤣

or

Objective morality is the idea that right and wrong exist factually, without any importance of opinion. It's the concept that some actions and beliefs are imperatively good or inherently bad, and that the goodness or badness of those things holds true no matter who you are or what else you believe in.1
Objectivity refers to the notion that something is factual, aka objective, and without bias.2
Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Objectivity.
and morality means a sense of something being right or wrong.3 objective morality is also known as moral objectivism.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-i...morality is the idea,what else you believe in.
That is not what we are debating,bro.

this debate pretty much explains why religion's entire thing is imposing their beliefs onto others

to the point of saying they know what is the actual objective good and bad of the world

it's actually kinda fucked up when i think about it

There are a lot of debates about this issue, but morality be a consequence of social interaction does not go so far as to deny the existence of objective morality.
Not a consequence of social interaction, a consequence of social pressure. The pressure to keep the species alive and well.

There is no such thing as "objective morality".
Morality might not exist outside of human relationships, but it is a reality of the human experience, so to us it is an objective fact. Morality is part of the human experience, just like religion.
To us, morality is simply a social pressure and a result of our sociological context. Nothing more. Its not "objective", its in fact completely related to our experience.

Morality differ from one person to another.

For example, for me, you supporting far right bullsh*t is bad, its morally wrong. And yet, for you it's the right thing to do. Morality comes from the the world and our own experience. In that way, it can't be objective.

What is important in reality is not morality. What are important are the facts:

Is it morally bad to support far right ideas ? Depending on the person, not necessarily.
But
Are far right ideas bad for the wellbeing of humankind ? Objectively yes.

That's why I do not look at morality but I always look at the facts and their impact on society to tell you that you are bigoted.

:sweat:

I love how Houshoku thought I would cave in to his religious logic. Morality and religion are not dependent upon one another. Even if you want to argue if objective morality is a thing or not, it is possibly to argue for such a concept without throwing religious beliefs into the mix.