To avoid that being a problem, we would need to restructure completely the society and negate the notions of shame and honor, and this is not something that we should do from the exterior. So the only solution would be to support the protagonist as much as I can.
Stop your fantasies of wanting to restructure other cultures. Don't the left stand for diversity and mutual respect?
Sure, act like you didn't understand what I said
I understood that you want to infiltrate and restructure foreign cultures until they match your values.
Oh noooo.

We have a Billionnaire Justice Warrior in our midst

:shocking:
This guy refuses to read posts properly and then gaslights people because he doesn't want to have an honest conversation. @Sentinel i'm putting you on ignore now. I don't remember having a single normal conversation with you where you don't lash out immediately and resort to name calling. You seem to have a problem with me personally. Talk to the wall for all I care&have a nice day.
See he didn't even understand what I said but instantly junks to l conclusions based on his own biases.
Post automatically merged:

I would debate more but I have to work. Lol.
I wasn't even talking about you :lawsigh:

Exclusive: Secret Service ramped up security after receiving intel of Iranian plot to assassinate Trump; no known connection to shooting

Warnings about that operational planning have coincided with a noticeable surge of online messaging from Iranian accounts and state-backed media mentioning Trump, which has raised security concerns among US officials, one of the sources told CNN

Sure why not..

https://x.com/Wordsarewordz/status/1813280702152032666

JD Vance just yesterday one day later we get this threat from Iran.

Sure why not

Last edited:
Aren't you looking at it only from an economical perspective though ?
No. Here I do it from a social one.

don't enter in the meritocracy category they just got lucky being born in the right family and that's about it.
This IS meritocracy.

Those people are - like every rich person - part of meritocratic mythos as much as Elon is. Their path is simply much more obvious than the others.

But the reality is that meritocracy applies to all, at least its mythology.

But when it comes to offering some sort of service don't you think it's unfair / unethical to give people positions they can't fullfil ?
Well of course it would be stupid to give a surgeon post to someone who never trained.

But everyone (unless they have "conditions") can train to be a surgeon. That's the nuance.

Poor people are poor because of other reasons not because of meritocracy
Did you watch the video ? I bet you didn't.

What I'm calling meritocracy is not a concrete and tangible thing, its not something that you can erease by a decret or a referundum.

Its a belief system

Said belief system that influences EVERY part of society !

So people are not poor because there is a meritocracy, it doesn't exist in real life. People are poor because the majority of the population BELIEVES in meritocratic myth and the benefits of meritocratic politics.

You literally called me out for using Meritocracy by definition and said it was problem...
No. I called you out for STICKING to this LIMITING definition.

Meritocracy is MUCH MORE than just that. Its VAST and therefore can't be limited by a simple definition.

Meritocracy is a sociological system of oppression (a sociologist might name that differently, I'm not a scientist), just like patriarchy or systemic racism.

My point was that your definition of meritocracy and mine are THE SAME. I'm simply EXTENDING the definition and explanation of the system. I'm not definiting it wrong. I'm literally using the works of researchers who worked on the subjects !

So relax and either listen, or share the work. :sweat:

Stop your fantasies of wanting to restructure other cultures. Don't the left stand for diversity and mutual respect?
Yes, that's why 99% of the time we do NOT WANT to influence other culture or societies.

But there is that 1% where basic human rights are being completely negated and we have to denounce that.

Leftism is not absolute tolerance.

I understood that you want to infiltrate and restructure foreign cultures until they match your values.
Lmao no, you understood completely wrong and/or you didn't read correctly what I was saying.

In reality, I more normative than most leftists and I can accept things that most wouldn't accept. I'm simply drawing a line at human life and human physical and mental suffering, that all.

:kayneshrug:

And those cases are rare, so no, I do not intend to infliltrate anyone's culture lmao

This strange formatting is absolute bot behavior :suresure:
It gives me Bob vibes :goatasure:

This is the logical implication of the meritocratic ideology. If rich people deserve to be rich because of their merit, then by logic poor people deserve to be poor because of the opposite.
Meritocracy, definition:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

[COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]noun
noun
: [COLOR=var(--bbQxAb)]meritocracy[/COLOR]
  1. government or the holding of power by people selected according to merit.
    [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]"progress towards meritocracy was slow"[/COLOR]​
    • a society governed by people selected according to merit.
      [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]plural noun[/COLOR]: [COLOR=var(--bbQxAb)]meritocracies[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]"Britain is a meritocracy, and everyone with skill and imagination may aspire to reach the highest level"[/COLOR]​
    • a ruling or influential class of educated or able people.
      [COLOR=var(--IXoxUe)]"the relentless advance of the meritocracy"[/COLOR]​
[/COLOR]

Now what's so wrong about that? Skill and imagination allows you to seek very high. So being rich matters if you are skilled, have a clear understanding of business and leadership and are creative enough to have a good business model. Your social background wouldn't matter, where you come from wouldn't matter, your education wouldn't be that important either (a good understanding of business is a must tho).

I can only talk about Germany but sorry, at this day of age, everyone has the opportunity to seek higher. If you're poor with low paying jobs because you either have a low educational degree or weren't good in school, you can always try evening classes or similar models to get higher education, then apply for better paying jobs. It also highly depend on the field you want to work at. Everything related to IT can be achieved with online certificates and most companies look out for skillful people anyway. So yes, you have to do something to aim higher, to be more successful. Nothing just gets served on a silver plate if you have nothing. It's wishful thinking.

Do you think people becoming rich were already extremely wealthy before? I'm talking about people who build their companies from nothing, with all the struggles. People being born into rich families were simply lucky. I mean, they can't choose how to be born in which environment lol.

This guy refuses to read posts properly and then gaslights people because he doesn't want to have an honest conversation. @Sentinel i'm putting you on ignore now. I don't remember having a single normal conversation with you where you don't lash out immediately and resort to name calling. You seem to have a problem with me personally. Talk to the wall for all I care&have a nice day
Let's not act like you didn't just call me an asswipe for calling out your jealousy, considering the fact how you often lash out at more wealthy people.

It's obvious you often try to lash out but can't take any offence. Go ahead and block me. Lol at "gaslighting" you. If you merely mean multi millionaires and billionaires, you should have mentioned this instead of writing generalized statements like "ThE rIcHeS!!!". I am not a mind reader, lol.

Now what's so wrong about that?
Everything

In a society where merit is a myth. Giving economical or political power to people based on their merit and doing the same in reverse against poor people is problematic.

So being rich matters if you are skilled
You don't become rich because you are skilled.

If that was the case, the majority of the planet would be rich.

You become rich because of the conjonction of all your capitals.

everyone has the opportunity to seek higher
I'm sure any german sociologist would disagree

or weren't good in school
See.. that's the problem of meritocracy

"If you are poor it's because you weren't good enough"

Aside from being a very inhuman and cynical way of seeing the world... its based on the principle that you can become good out of nothingness, exnihilo. When in reality, you are good because of a LOT of economical, social, cultural and symbolical conditions. Conditions that we call "capitals"

Again I HIGHLY suggest to EVERYONE to watch this video:

Do you think people becoming rich were already extremely wealthy before?
Not necessarily no.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Let's not act like you didn't just call me an asswipe for calling out your jealousy, considering the fact how you often lash out at more wealthy people.

It's obvious you often try to lash out but can't take any offence. Go ahead and block me. Lol at "gaslighting" you. If you merely mean multi millionaires and billionaires, you should have mentioned this instead of writing generalized statements like "ThE rIcHeS!!!". I am not a mind reader, lol.
Guess you require a heads up as well. His main gimmick is to instigate and gaslight to mess with people. One day he'll agree with you only to shit on you the very next day for the same topic. Constantly talks down to people for "wasting their time" here when he has the most posts here by a landslide.

See.. that's the problem of meritocracy

"If you are poor it because you weren't good enough"

Its based on the principle that you can become good out of nothingness, exnihilo. When in reality, you are good because of a LOT of economical, social, cultural and symbolical conditions. Conditions that we call "capitals"
This. Kids without access to education don't even get a chance especially in countries where school cists money such as the United States.
Most people who work their rear ends off don't get rich. Amazon delivery guys, truckers, construction workers, nurses etc. "Work harder then you get six figures you just have to want it more". FDP voter mindset 🤣

Guess you require a heads up as well. His main gimmick is to instigate and gaslight to mess with people. One day he'll agree with you only to shit on you the very next day for the same topic. Constantly talks down to people for "wasting their time" here when he has the most posts here by a landslide.
You're lying once again I'd put you on ignore too if it weren't for your mod status. The staff here are terrible

I‘ve no idea how to process everYthing.

the news cycle since 2020 C-19 bs and now 2023 the year that Mar Lago was raided, mugshot, his indictment, Crooks almost Killing Trump and Iran‘s assassination plot against Trump

WTF is going on. In What simulation are we in.

We just need reptiloids to kidnap DJT and we could‘ve completed a Hollyweird movie

Last edited:
You don't become rich because you are skilled.

If that was the case, the majority of the planet would be rich.
Yes, the competition is vast, that's why only few get truly rich.

If you paid more attention to my post, you'd have realised that I also addressed these points. A good understanding of business, having functional ideas, what business model you're using, how to attract customers. Every step, especially the first ones, gonna be hard af.

Even if you're successful with your company, you always have to look out for the market and its changes. Looking out for shares. Laziness is an absolute no go for business owners.

Aside from being a very inhuman and cynical way of seeing the world... its based on the principle that you can become good out of nothingness, exnihilo. When in reality, you are good because of a LOT of economical, social, cultural and symbolical conditions. Conditions that we call "capitals"
It's just idealistic nonsense.
I'm sure you don't even have an alternative concept which would work that well.

Being poor doesn't devalue your worth and skillset but it could also mean that you weren't lucky enough to make it quite big or getting through important job meetings. It also depends on your soft skills. Sure, your academic skills can be highly impressive, with the best marks but social skills are just as important to get into one of your career choices.

Life isn't fair, no matter how much people hate it. I don't like it either but I don't go my way and envy others for having a better life.

Besides, you mention you being good is due to economical, social, cultural and symbolical conditions, so it supports my argument even further why it's a big deal if you are successful with your business because you went through all that struggle and manage a decent company. :kayneshrug:

Worst

Custom title
This IS meritocracy.

Those people are - like every rich person - part of meritocratic mythos as much as Elon is. Their path is simply much more obvious than the others.
Hmm no I disagree, that's just luck of being born in a rich family, it has nothing to do with meritocracy, it's only a matter of luck, and being born in a very poor family well it's just bad luck, the rich kid can lose everything in life if he's unlucky like the poor kid can become a billionaire if he's lucky ( but ofc looking at people like Elon musk it's like looking at the extreme case u can't generalize it )

Well of course it would be stupid to give a surgeon post to someone who never trained.

But everyone (unless they have "conditions") can train to be a surgeon. That's the nuance.
That's debatable even if it's true you'd still want to get that spine surgery from the surgeon that dunked on all the other surgeons lol not any average surgeon right ? Sure with unlimited time you could train most people to do most complex things but there's people who are lucky being born with much greater talent the average and u can't blame it on them.....and yeah if those people can get to the top and take the better decision I'm fine with it

( but again the issues you see in the world rn are not a meritocracy issue, in fact were barely even applying it where it should be applied )