I was at this jewish event and I was talking to this guy

He was a ukrainian jew.

And we were talking about the history of Ukraine and how Ukraine has always been under the foot of Russia. Not only now but during the soviet union. Yet only a bit later in the conversation, he talked about how he was pro israel.

I don't get how some people hold literally contradictory views so long as its in their benefit. Russia is doing literally the same thing to Ukraine that Israel is doing to Palestine. With literally the exact same justification.
Russia: We have a historical right to Ukraine because of the soviet union, the kievan rus, etc.
Israel: We have a historical right to the west bank because of judaea and samaria

Russia: We need to invade Ukraine because they are nazis
Israel: We need to obliterate gaza because they are nazis
Post automatically merged:

But his position wasn't particularly new. This is the position the entire west has taken.

We support Ukraine because its in our interests.
We support Israel because its also supposedly in our interests.

Absolutely zero recognition of basic morality.

Joe Biden accused Russia of doing genocide in Ukraine but G-d forbid anyone say the same for Israel.

I was at this jewish event and I was talking to this guy

He was a ukrainian jew.

And we were talking about the history of Ukraine and how Ukraine has always been under the foot of Russia. Not only now but during the soviet union. Yet only a bit later in the conversation, he talked about how he was pro israel.

I don't get how some people hold literally contradictory views so long as its in their benefit. Russia is doing literally the same thing to Ukraine that Israel is doing to Palestine. With literally the exact same justification.
Russia: We have a historical right to Ukraine because of the soviet union, the kievan rus, etc.
Israel: We have a historical right to the west bank because of judaea and samaria

Russia: We need to invade Ukraine because they are nazis
Israel: We need to obliterate gaza because they are nazis
Post automatically merged:

But his position wasn't particularly new. This is the position the entire west has taken.

We support Ukraine because its in our interests.
We support Israel because its also supposedly in our interests.

Absolutely zero recognition of basic morality.

Joe Biden accused Russia of doing genocide in Ukraine but G-d forbid anyone say the same for Israel.
Fundamentally there are 2 types of people: those who condemn oppression and conquest on one hand, and on the other hand those who are perfectly fine with oppression and conquest as long as they're not on the receiving end.

you do realize that is a very fundamental difference right lol
Indeed. In one case people have a lot of ressources, have an army, tanks and big military equipements to fight the oppressor and the support of the international community and in the other people are starving, have nothing but rockets/tunnels and are only supported by the east.

There is indeed a difference

It’s only a counter attack if you pretend like history began on October 7th

There were months of instigation on Israel’s part that led to October 7th. Specifically regarding Israel’s treatment of Palestinians in the West Bank.
and there's also months of palestinian instigating israel as well, let's not act like hamas doesn't send rockets daily lol

the more we type the more different it gets you know. It's a pretty easy rationalization to make

and there's also months of palestinian instigating israel as well, let's not act like hamas doesn't send rockets daily lol

the more we type the more different it gets you know. It's a pretty easy rationalization to make
Or what about talking about the F. colonization that has been happening for decade or the DAILY oppression of Palestinians ?

What about searching for the real reason behind this conflict ? hm ?

Or what about talking about the F. colonization that has been happening for decade or the DAILY oppression of Palestinians ?

What about searching for the real reason behind this conflict ? hm ?
Nobody cares what you say, stop virtue signaling and speak like a human being and not an activist

Nobody cares what you say, stop virtue signaling and speak like a human being and not an activist
Reminding you an historical fact that you are ignoring is not virtue signaling Einstein. And you seems to care enough to reply.

But it seems like you are taking your side.. and look at that ! A problem with militantism ? How peculiar...

Reminding you an historical fact that you are ignoring is not virtue signaling Einstein. And you seems to care enough to reply.

But it seems like you are taking your side.. and look at that ! A problem with militantism ? How peculiar...
yes using "F." and capitalizing "daily" is performative af aka virtue signaling

nowhere in my post do I even hint at taking a side. We're only speaking about the false equivalency of ukraine and palestine. It's like comparing the Holodomor and holocaust, just because I can distinguish the difference between the two doesn't mean I condone one over the other. Use your brain for more than virtue signaling

Israel is completely blockading Gaza

The people of Gaza used to live throughout the land of Palestine. But the israel independence war pushed them into Gaza.

They’ve been under occupation ever since the 6 day war.

Israel is completely blockading Gaza
yeah because Gaza is sending rockets to them daily lol.

The people of Gaza used to live throughout the land of Palestine. But the israel independence war pushed them into Gaza.

They’ve been under occupation ever since the 6 day war.
You do realize this still makes it way different than Ukraine tho right? and they were also under occupation since before then. Jordan and Egypt were the rulers of the west bank and gaza

yes using "F." and capitalizing "daily" is performative af aka virtue signaling
Hmm.. no. Just an emphazis. To remind people about the gravity of the fact.

nowhere in my post do I even hint at taking a side.
This is the rethoric of the propaganda of Israel and its supporters. This type of assertion - when delivered in response to the oppression of Israel - is made to completely invisibilize the colonization of Palestine and the oppression of Palestinian by Israel.
So yes, you do are taking a side.