TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Alright, so the season has ended. I decided to wait until it's done so I can watch it all at my own pace.

For y'all that watched it, how was it? I know there are some animation changes. Would y'all rank this season above the previous 3? @Seth @Kiwipom @Luthon @Fujishiro
I binged all the seasons so it's kinda hard to remember where one ends and the other begins tbh

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Alright, so the season has ended. I decided to wait until it's done so I can watch it all at my own pace.

For y'all that watched it, how was it? I know there are some animation changes. Would y'all rank this season above the previous 3? @Seth @Kiwipom @Luthon @Fujishiro
I think S3 was still the best, the pacing, the animation, the music, everything was on point

S4 had some parts that were really sloppy, also the music wasn't as great. Like there was this one ost that plays during the miya twins scenes that feels really out of place. And this might be from watching it weekly but I wasn't as into the game as during Shiratorizawa. I'll have to rewatch S4 again to see how i feel about the pacing.

Also i'm never gonna shut up about this but I HATE that they replaced the commercial skits

We could of had this :pepehands:

But like after some time, I think the change in animation kinda grew on me, I like that the new artstyle is closer to the manga. Some people like Kageyama, Akaashi and even Bokuto look a lot better in S4

I think S3 > S2 >= S4 > S1

D

Dragomir

I think S3 was still the best, the pacing, the animation, the music, everything was on point

S4 had some parts that were really sloppy, also the music wasn't as great. Like there was this one ost that plays during the miya twins scenes that feels really out of place. And this might be from watching it weekly but I wasn't as into the game as during Shiratorizawa. I'll have to rewatch S4 again to see how i feel about the pacing.

Also i'm never gonna shut up about this but I HATE that they replaced the commercial skits

We could of had this :pepehands:

But like after some time, I think the change in animation kinda grew on me, I like that the new artstyle is closer to the manga. Some people like Kageyama, Akaashi and even Bokuto look a lot better in S4

I think S3 > S2 >= S4 > S1
Hmm, pacing is something that usually fluctuates depending on if you're watching it weekly or binging. I'll watch and see.

Was there any reason why they changed the animation? I really liked the one in S2 & S3. Anytime an awesome spike would go down, the animation would completely change and it'd be so hype. If they change that, then that's a real bummer.

Why did they remove the skits?! Those were so funny!

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Hmm, pacing is something that usually fluctuates depending on if you're watching it weekly or binging. I'll watch and see.

Was there any reason why they changed the animation? I really liked the one in S2 & S3. Anytime an awesome spike would go down, the animation would completely change and it'd be so hype. If they change that, then that's a real bummer.

Why did they remove the skits?! Those were so funny!
I think there were complaints about how some of the body proportions were drawn. Also with the manga's art style evolving, they wanted to match it closer to the manga. I hated the new animation at first but after a while, I don't mind it and even kinda like it

Like just look at how much Kageyama's looks changed. While the animation was still stuck on the chapter 2 style, they wanted to match to the now chapter 200 style

and the body proportions things
Look at how bad they massaccred my boy bokuto with those weird hips and knees :pepehands:

this new animations he looks SO much better

as for the new skits...idk :/, maybe just to switch things up?

It was good, only one ep was eh but i think its because they outsourced the animation for that one.

I'd say it hit all the correct notes for me to mark it as a 7.5-8/10 to be honest.

Kinda salty the season is over tbh as they ended it right after Inarizaki losing :\

D

Dragomir

I think there were complaints about how some of the body proportions were drawn. Also with the manga's art style evolving, they wanted to match it closer to the manga. I hated the new animation at first but after a while, I don't mind it and even kinda like it

Like just look at how much Kageyama's looks changed. While the animation was still stuck on the chapter 2 style, they wanted to match to the now chapter 200 style

and the body proportions things
Look at how bad they massaccred my boy bokuto with those weird hips and knees :pepehands:

this new animations he looks SO much better

as for the new skits...idk :/, maybe just to switch things up?
Oh, wow. I understand the change now. I guess many animes do it. But idk, I kinda prefer the chapter 2 art style than the 200 one. Also, Kageyama looks like a titan from AoT there lol.

Yeah, I do like S4 Bokuto a lot more compared to S2 at least artwise. He's a lot buffer compared to the slim-skinny version of him earlier. Fits him better.

Are they any good at least?

Oh, wow. I understand the change now. I guess many animes do it. But idk, I kinda prefer the chapter 2 art style than the 200 one. Also, Kageyama looks like a titan from AoT there lol.

Yeah, I do like S4 Bokuto a lot more compared to S2 at least artwise. He's a lot buffer compared to the slim-skinny version of him earlier. Fits him better.

Are they any good at least?
The new skits are okay lol. I miss the old ones tho :3

Alsoooo

Bokuto in the pre season OVA looked so cool! They made him a lot buffer as you said.
Post automatically merged:

Don't look back on a team that lost. Look forward for Nekoma and Kuroo.
Fukurodani>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nekolol

D

Dragomir

The new skits are okay lol. I miss the old ones tho :3

Alsoooo

Bokuto in the pre season OVA looked so cool! They made him a lot buffer as you said.

Fukurodani>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nekolol
Aye, this:
compared to:
He just looks a lot better in the first pic imo. The new frame fits his boisterous personality better too.

They have 1 interesting player. Nekoma has 2. So they win.
Don’t you dare diss Akaashi bitch :kriwhat::smoothy:

Kuroo and Lev > Bokuto, who is the only interesting player for his team
BokuGOAT>>>>>>>>>>> Every other haikyuu character. Even the author agrees as Bokuto is his favourite :blush:

Aye, this:
compared to:
He just looks a lot better in the first pic imo. The new frame fits his boisterous personality better too.
Tbh he looks way too skinny in the first one but maybe it’s just the profile.
I still liked him then and I liked him now though.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Don’t you dare diss Akaashi bitch :kriwhat::smoothy:
Akaashi? Wow... Just reading his name makes me tired. He puts me to sleep sooo easily.
BokuGOAT>>>>>>>>>>> Every other haikyuu character. Even the author agrees as Bokuto is his favourite :blush:
I'm sorry, but Ushijima > Bokuto any day of the week. He's a super ace. Bokuto barely becomes an Ace.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Nah b, Bokuto is GOATED he isn’t even just Power, his technique is up there too but I like Wakatoshi tho.

Akaashi is the reason Bokuto got to where he’s at. Kenma is meh 👀
Bokuto's a regular Ace my man. He says so himself. And he needs Akaashi to wipe his ass any time he doesn't do well.

Meanwhile, Ushijima is a monster in human form whose serves are like cannon shots. He has power, he has technique, and he has the charisma to make even his enemies fans.

Bokuto's a regular Ace my man. He says so himself. And he needs Akaashi to wipe his ass any time he doesn't do well.

Meanwhile, Ushijima is a monster in human form whose serves are like cannon shots. He has power, he has technique, and he has the charisma to make even his enemies fans.
Lol at charisma 😂

Bokuto is a genius, he’s humble too :blush:
Ushijima is up there in my list but there is a reason why Bokuto is universally loved by the fanbase :steef: