Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Alright, so the season has ended. I decided to wait until it's done so I can watch it all at my own pace.

For y'all that watched it, how was it? I know there are some animation changes. Would y'all rank this season above the previous 3? @Seth @Kiwipom @Luthon @Fujishiro
In terms of quality and dynamic i would say:

1. S3.
2. S2.
3. S4.
4. S1.

They really cucked the animation in this season.

Btw @Dragomir for me Inarizaki vs Karasuno is the best match in the manga so placing anime s4 at 3rd place should give you the clear answer how badly they cucked s4.

Best manga match: Inarizaki vs Karasuno.
Best anime match: Shirstorizawa vs Karasuno.

Obviously S4 had some epic shit like Atsumu serves, Tanaka spikes and hinara receives but overall the cucked this season badly.

D

Dragomir

Alright, guys, I've finished S4 and I've liked it a lot while disliking it a lot too. Starting off with the new art style, yikes. It's not terrible and looks pretty good in the op but I just really prefer the old one. Coupled with the periodic bad animation, everything was looking jarring. Now, I must say, there were a couple of episodes that looked really good but the majority, I wasn't feeling it.

With the match itself, I enjoyed it a lot. Especially that dynamic with the Miya twins. Atsumu's bold, straightforward, and bursting personality was off-putted nicely by Osamu's chill, laid-back, almost uncaring attitude. I also liked Kita. His character is very interesting. A modest hard work who was the captain of the team without being a starter. However, you could very well see why he deserved that captain spot with how vital he was to maintaining stability and progress on the team. I believe this was best displayed at the end of the match when the twins apologized to Kita for losing. He's a solid well-written character.

Also, HINATA'S RECEIVES :finally:My boy has grown! Now, he needs to become a better server. Gotta start working on his jump serves.

Before I head into the manga, I have a prediction as to how the whole tournament ends: Fukurodani beats Itachiyama or Kamomedai to take the crown. There was one scene near the end in the last episode where Bokuto told Akaashi they were definitely going to win. They did a close-up of his face where you could see that determination in his eyes and everything. Dude received the budget. I see zero reasons for why the author would draw that scene down if Fukurodani wasn't going to win it all. He ain't gonna do Bokuto dirty like that. Also, it makes sense that the team that wins was one that was a fan favorite. Karasuno obviously ain't gonna win(and I'm pretty sure they lost to Nekoma when I last read the manga from a while ago). I have my doubts about Nekoma so that leaves Fukurodani. Would be weird af if just some random team with no connection to the readers won it lmao.

I got a new favorite characters list:
1. Atsumu
2. Bokuto
3. Oikawa
4. Osamu
5. Kuroo

Oikawa was previously first but ay man, them boys Atsumu and Bokuto had to rise up after this season. And as for my ranking of the seasons, I'd go with...S3 > S2 = S4 >> S1.

This series is genuinely one of the best ones out there, and it's really really underrated imo. Not enough talk about it, at least not on Worstgen. Overall, this was some good stuff. 8/10 for me. Now, would anybody kindly show me the manga chapter that has the end of the Inarizaki match, please? :catsweat:

@Seth @Kiwipom @Fujishiro @LuthonTheDragDown @Poison

Alright, guys, I've finished S4 and I've liked it a lot while disliking it a lot too. Starting off with the new art style, yikes. It's not terrible and looks pretty good in the op but I just really prefer the old one. Coupled with the periodic bad animation, everything was looking jarring. Now, I must say, there were a couple of episodes that looked really good but the majority, I wasn't feeling it.

With the match itself, I enjoyed it a lot. Especially that dynamic with the Miya twins. Atsumu's bold, straightforward, and bursting personality was off-putted nicely by Osamu's chill, laid-back, almost uncaring attitude. I also liked Kita. His character is very interesting. A modest hard work who was the captain of the team without being a starter. However, you could very well see why he deserved that captain spot with how vital he was to maintaining stability and progress on the team. I believe this was best displayed at the end of the match when the twins apologized to Kita for losing. He's a solid well-written character.

Also, HINATA'S RECEIVES :finally:My boy has grown! Now, he needs to become a better server. Gotta start working on his jump serves.

Before I head into the manga, I have a prediction as to how the whole tournament ends: Fukurodani beats Itachiyama or Kamomedai to take the crown. There was one scene near the end in the last episode where Bokuto told Akaashi they were definitely going to win. They did a close-up of his face where you could see that determination in his eyes and everything. Dude received the budget. I see zero reasons for why the author would draw that scene down if Fukurodani wasn't going to win it all. He ain't gonna do Bokuto dirty like that. Also, it makes sense that the team that wins was one that was a fan favorite. Karasuno obviously ain't gonna win(and I'm pretty sure they lost to Nekoma when I last read the manga from a while ago). I have my doubts about Nekoma so that leaves Fukurodani. Would be weird af if just some random team with no connection to the readers won it lmao.

1. Atsumu
2. Bokuto
3. Oikawa
4. Osamu
5. Kuroo

Oikawa was previously first but ay man, them boys Atsumu and Bokuto had to rise up after this season. And as for my ranking of the seasons, I'd go with...S3 > S2 = S4 >> S1.

This series is genuinely one of the best ones out there, and it's really really underrated imo. Not enough talk about it, at least not on Worstgen. Overall, this was some good stuff. 8/10 for me. Now, would anybody kindly show me the manga chapter that has the end of the Inarizaki match, please? :catsweat:

I will not go into the details of your predictions but I am glad youโ€™re enjoying this series man.

And Iโ€™m glad you started liking Bokugoat more btw, he is this series Gem. Did you know that he was the authors favourite character? And it shows! The man has so much personality and charisma (when it matters).

Anyways, some episodes were meh animation wise but we gotta cut them some slack because of Covid and all I guess.

As for when the marco ends, itโ€™s at chapter 290.

Enjoy the ride man.
Post automatically merged:

For me it goes:

Bokugoat

Miya Atsumu

Kiyoomi

Oikawa

Hinata

Seth

โ€Ž

1. Atsumu
2. Bokuto
3. Oikawa
4. Osamu
5. Kuroo

Atsumu and Bokuto topping the list you love to see it:finally::finally::finally:

I agree with you 100% about the ranking of the seasons. But I'm lowkey salty af. Because for me Inarizaki vs Karasuno is the best match in the manga. I was pissed off when anime lacked on some aspects especially that it's done by I.G

You prediction seems interesting. We will see:cheers:

Whenever u finish manga give us an update. We will have a lot to talk about.

D

Dragomir

I will not go into the details of your predictions but I am glad youโ€™re enjoying this series man.

And Iโ€™m glad you started liking Bokugoat more btw, he is this series Gem. Did you know that he was the authors favourite character? And it shows! The man has so much personality and charisma (when it matters).
Oh, that's interesting! That bolsters my prediction of Fukurodani wins even more. Ain't no surprises there though, Bokuto is goated!

Anyways, some episodes were meh animation wise but we gotta cut them some slack because of Covid and all I guess.

As for when the marco ends, itโ€™s at chapter 290.

Enjoy the ride man.

For me it goes:

Bokugoat

Miya Atsumu

Kiyoomi

Oikawa

Hinata
Got it, thanks!
Atsumu and Bokuto topping the list you love to see it:finally::finally::finally:

I agree with you 100% about the ranking of the seasons. But I'm lowkey salty af. Because for me Inarizaki vs Karasuno is the best match in the manga. I was pissed off when anime lacked on some aspects especially that it's done by I.G

You prediction seems interesting. We will see:cheers:

Whenever u finish manga give us an update. We will have a lot to talk about.
Yeah, I could definitely see how the match didn't really get the top-tier work that Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno got which it most definitely deserved. It is what it is though.

Alright, will do!

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
Before I head into the manga
you're going to read the manga? :catblush::catblush::catblush:
There was one scene near the end in the last episode where Bokuto told Akaashi they were definitely going to win. They did a close-up of his face where you could see that determination in his eyes and everything. Dude received the budget.
I know you said the art style this season wasn't as good which I agree took a while to get used to and some characters definitely look downgraded, but Bokuto is one of the exceptions. He looked SO good this season compared to S2!

1. Atsumu
2. Bokuto
3. Oikawa
4. Osamu
5. Kuroo
Ohhh nice list, Atsumu, Bokuto and Oikawa are the best. Also you forgot Ushijima :sadgrin:

D

Dragomir

you're going to read the manga? :catblush::catblush::catblush:
Yep. Not sure how I'll be able to adjust to reading a high-action volleyball match with panels. It's what made me stop reading the last time but we'll see. I love this story too much to let it go.

I know you said the art style this season wasn't as good which I agree took a while to get used to and some characters definitely look downgraded, but Bokuto is one of the exceptions. He looked SO good this season compared to S2!
Absolute facts. I remember touching upon this in the past but I really like how much muscular he's gotten. It fits him better than the slim Bokuto in S2 imo.

Ohhh nice list, Atsumu, Bokuto and Oikawa are the best. Also you forgot Ushijima :sadgrin:
Lol he's up there in my top 10. But there's so many I like ahead of him haha. I honestly can't hate anybody in this show. All these characters are so likeable :pepehands:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
Yep. Not sure how I'll be able to adjust to reading a high-action volleyball match with panels. It's what made me stop reading the last time but we'll see. I love this story too much to let it go.

Absolute facts. I remember touching upon this in the past but I really like how much muscular he's gotten. It fits him better than the slim Bokuto in S2 imo.

Lol he's up there in my top 10. But there's so many I like ahead of him haha. I honestly can't hate anybody in this show. All these characters are so likeable :pepehands:
I think it does take time to get used to but shouldnโ€™t take too long since the panels are pretty clear and I think the art style is good too

plus having seen the manga, you also kinda know what types of actions to expect or the shots from some of the angles etc.
Keep us updated as you read it!!

D

Dragomir

Well well well, I finally picked up the manga yesterday and I'm on chapter 325 right now. Karasuno vs Nekoma. Just wow. What a match that was. It's very hard to rank this among the other great matches but it's easily top 3 as of now imo. The aggressive attackers vs the masters of defense. Sky(crow) vs Ground(cat).

My biggest takeaway from this match is how well Furudate can make a reader invested in other side characters. And it's not just how well he does it but how quickly too. I've never really been that fond of Kenma but reading this match made me like him so much more. Not even being as close to gifted as Kageyama but he is a literal "genius" as a setter. I already knew he was the brains of Nekoma as that was what he was set up to be but he's an absolute mastermind. The craziest thing to me was how he turned Hinata being good at receives now against Karasuno. The character development that he had was beautiful. It's almost as good as Tsukki's. Not quite there but pretty close and in my eyes, Tsukki has the best character development in the series. And speaking of Tsukki, watching him genuinely laugh in one particular panel and his character arc coming to completion with his newfound love of volleyball was wholesome.

Some of my other favorite panels were these two:
I really enjoyed seeing a quick flashback to a previous practice match and then what is pretty much a reenactment of the scene.

I also really love the commentary in this game. Not from the announcers but from the crowd. Specifically Bokuto and Akaashi and this couple:
I must say that I really enjoyed reading their thoughts and opinions on anything that happened. It was funny, cute, and educational for me at least. One of the biggest surprises for me was learning that Akaashi was actually a second year and not a third year. I'm gonna feel bad for him once Boktuo leaves :pepehands:

One of the best things about Haikyuu is the brotherhood the characters have. The bonds and friendships are absolutely real and genuine. Hinata and Kageyama aren't that great individually but together they are one of the best protagonist and deuteragonist duos I've ever seen. The Miya Twins are so fun to watch. Iwaizumi and Oikawa are perfectly contrast and fit each other. Likewise with Kuroo and Kenma. Additionally, I loved reading the flashback of Kuroo and Kenma. I love all the flashbacks so far in the story. Literally not a single bad one.

This series is seriously one of the best and I wish there was a bigger fanbase at least here on the forum to showcase it but alas.

Lastly...
and I'm pretty sure they lost to Nekoma when I last read the manga from a while ago
I feel so fucking stupid lmfao. I'm glad I was wrong though. It'd be too sad for Karasuno's journey to have ended with this match. I want to see them face off against Fukurodani, Kamomedai, or Itachiyama.

@Kiwipom @Fujishiro @Seth

I feel so fucking stupid lmfao. I'm glad I was wrong though. It'd be too sad for Karasuno's journey to have ended with this match. I want to see them face off against Fukurodani, Kamomedai, or Itachiyama.
Holy fucking shit, I just spoiled myself. I googled Kamomedai to see if I spelled the name correctly and one of the search options was Kamomedai vs Karasuno.

:crazwhat:

"I'm gonna play a game that'll make the crowd go even wilder than yours."

Man, that's a sick-ass line. I'm telling y'all, Fukurodani is gonna win it all. They have to. There's just no way Furudate is gonna be writing lines like this for Bokuto and have my boy take an L in the end. I refuse to believe it.

Holy fucking shit, I just spoiled myself. I googled Kamomedai to see if I spelled the name correctly and one of the search options was Kamomedai vs Karasuno.

Oh, it's revealed immediately in chapter 326 that they face-off for the quarterfinals. I got upset for no reason :tiredpepe

Anyway, let's fucking gooooo! It's time for Hinata to prove that he's the real Little Giant and not Hoshiumi! Onwards to the match!

:stealthblack:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
Well well well, I finally picked up the manga yesterday and I'm on chapter 325 right now. Karasuno vs Nekoma. Just wow. What a match that was. It's very hard to rank this among the other great matches but it's easily top 3 as of now imo. The aggressive attackers vs the masters of defense. Sky(crow) vs Ground(cat).

My biggest takeaway from this match is how well Furudate can make a reader invested in other side characters. And it's not just how well he does it but how quickly too. I've never really been that fond of Kenma but reading this match made me like him so much more. Not even being as close to gifted as Kageyama but he is a literal "genius" as a setter. I already knew he was the brains of Nekoma as that was what he was set up to be but he's an absolute mastermind. The craziest thing to me was how he turned Hinata being good at receives now against Karasuno. The character development that he had was beautiful. It's almost as good as Tsukki's. Not quite there but pretty close and in my eyes, Tsukki has the best character development in the series. And speaking of Tsukki, watching him genuinely laugh in one particular panel and his character arc coming to completion with his newfound love of volleyball was wholesome.

Yesss youโ€™re finally reading it!

Same, I never really liked Kenma because โ€œlazy geniusโ€ trope sucks, but Iโ€™ll give him credits. I really appreciate that he pushed himself til the very end for that match. Also Kurooโ€™s performance was great too! When we were all like โ€œdamn, Tsukki is getting good at blockingโ€, Kuroo shows up and reminds us that heโ€™s the OG ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Nekoma, not the strongest team but being able to hold off against Karasuno so well because of their defense + Kenmaโ€™s strategizing is amazing.

I really enjoyed seeing a quick flashback to a previous practice match and then what is pretty much a reenactment of the scene.

I also really love the commentary in this game. Not from the announcers but from the crowd. Specifically Bokuto and Akaashi and this couple:
undefined
Ohh I love those two! Mika and Suguru, theyโ€™re super cute. Its funny when Suguru gets salty at Kuroo ๐Ÿ˜‚
One of the biggest surprises for me was learning that Akaashi was actually a second year and not a third year. I'm gonna feel bad for him once Boktuo leaves :pepehands:
:josad:Akaashi and Bokuto are the most wholesome duo of the series. Theyโ€™re meant to be, who else is going to take care of Bokuto now.
One of the best things about Haikyuu is the brotherhood the characters have. The bonds and friendships are absolutely real and genuine. Hinata and Kageyama aren't that great individually but together they are one of the best protagonist and deuteragonist duos I've ever seen. The Miya Twins are so fun to watch. Iwaizumi and Oikawa are perfectly contrast and fit each other. Likewise with Kuroo and Kenma. Additionally, I loved reading the flashback of Kuroo and Kenma. I love all the flashbacks so far in the story. Literally not a single bad one.

This series is seriously one of the best and I wish there was a bigger fanbase at least here on the forum to showcase it but alas.

Lastly...
kid kuroo and kid kenma were so cute together. When Kenma asked Kuroo what he wanted to play and Kuroo comes out with a volleyball ๐Ÿ˜‚

Itโ€™s so nice when Kenma thanks Kuroo at the end too for Introducing him to volleyball. Sucks that theyโ€™re also a second year and a third year ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Also donโ€™t forget Ushijima and Tendo! All of the duos are so wholesome

Oh, it's revealed immediately in chapter 326 that they face-off for the quarterfinals. I got upset for no reason :tiredpepe
Lmaooo I love these live updates

Man, that's a sick-ass line. I'm telling y'all, Fukurodani is gonna win it all. They have to. There's just no way Furudate is gonna be writing lines like this for Bokuto and have my boy take an L in the end. I refuse to believe it.
Preach.
Bokuto greatness. :catsweat:

Anyway, let's fucking gooooo! It's time for Hinata to prove that he's the real Little Giant and not Hoshiumi! Onwards to the match!
Keep us updated! Youโ€™re making me wanna reread Haikyuu now lmao

D

Dragomir

Yesss youโ€™re finally reading it!

Same, I never really liked Kenma because โ€œlazy geniusโ€ trope sucks, but Iโ€™ll give him credits. I really appreciate that he pushed himself til the very end for that match. Also Kurooโ€™s performance was great too! When we were all like โ€œdamn, Tsukki is getting good at blockingโ€, Kuroo shows up and reminds us that heโ€™s the OG ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Nekoma, not the strongest team but being able to hold off against Karasuno so well because of their defense + Kenmaโ€™s strategizing is amazing.
Haha, Kuroo's a dawg.

100% agree. The adjustments Nekoma made and just how quickly they came. They see one move and adjust on the spot to ready their defense for it.
Ohh I love those two! Mika and Suguru, theyโ€™re super cute. Its funny when Suguru gets salty at Kuroo ๐Ÿ˜‚
Suguru's hatred for Nekoma and Fukurodani reminds me of Oikawa hating on Karasuno and Shiratorizawa. It's so funny.
:josad:Akaashi and Bokuto are the most wholesome duo of the series. Theyโ€™re meant to be, who else is going to take care of Bokuto now.

kid kuroo and kid kenma were so cute together. When Kenma asked Kuroo what he wanted to play and Kuroo comes out with a volleyball ๐Ÿ˜‚

Itโ€™s so nice when Kenma thanks Kuroo at the end too for Introducing him to volleyball. Sucks that theyโ€™re also a second year and a third year ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Why can't they be in the same grade? I don't want them to get split apart. Bokuto without Akaashi by his side just feels so wrong. Same for Kuroo without Kenma :feelscryingman:
Also donโ€™t forget Ushijima and Tendo! All of the duos are so wholesome
Haha, yep! Tendo being so quirky and Ushijima being super straightforward and direct in like everything blends so well. Golly, every team has some amazing player dynamics.
Preach.
Bokuto greatness. :catsweat:
Best character in the story, no contest. Honestly won't be surprised if he ends up overtaking Atsumu as my #1 favorite by the end of the tournament. The crowd chanting his name was soooooo hype! Had me chanting a little too lol.
Keep us updated! Youโ€™re making me wanna reread Haikyuu now lmao
I'll keep em coming! Time to see what Karasuno vs Kamomedai has in store.

I must say that I really enjoyed reading their thoughts and opinions on anything that happened. It was funny, cute, and educational for me at least. One of the biggest surprises for me was learning that Akaashi was actually a second year and not a third year. I'm gonna feel bad for him once Boktuo leaves :pepehands:

Lastly...

@Kiwipom @Fujishiro @Seth

:stealthblack:
Bokugoat, he is best boy.

Im glad you're enjoying this, keep reading my dude!

D

Dragomir

Bokugoat landing the last goal, shows you who's the authors favorite.

What did you think about it bro?
It's amazing. I love this manga. I have some grievances with the time skip. The remaining matches of the Nationals Tournament being skipped was dumb. Especially coming to find out later that Fukurodani lost in the finals to some no-name school. Makes no sense. The third years' graduation being condensed to one panel is equally dumb. These are central characters in the story having a big moment that should be emotional. Why is that being skipped? Hinata and Kageyama's second/third years being skipped is another dumb thing. At the very least introduce the new first years, that would have been cool. There were also the matches of Karasuno vs Date Tech and the rematch against Inarizaki getting skipped like why? Would have been amazing to read those. Overall, there could have been very easily 2 or more arcs before the final one. The time skip was far too early in my opinion.

That being said, everything in the final arc was spectacular from start to finish. Hinata in Brazil was fun and interesting, most especially with Oikawa's return. They made a good duo. Then the match with MSBY vs Kageyama's team(forgot its name). I was so hyped to see Bokuto and Atsumu on the same team playing with Hinata. That was a great game to read. Hinata's development as a player coming into fruition, Bokuto maturing from his emo side but still remaining as our loveable goofball, Atsumu, and his serves, Sakusa FINALLY getting screen time(he suffered from zero screen time. I like him and I think his character had some good potential). Then on the other side with Romero showing why he's a world-class ace, Kageyama, Ushiwaka, Hoshiumi, and that other Kamomedai guy(Hirugama I think?). Fantastic match. Really loved the panels where everyone's team had their banner showcased. Also loved seeing everyone again and how they were doing now.

Another grievance I have is the Olympic match getting skipped. That would have been so good to watch especially with it having been against Oikawa but alas, we didn't get to see it.

I would rank Haikyuu as a solid 9/10.

Seth

โ€Ž
It's amazing.

Atsumu and Oikawa's encounter is exactly how I would imagine their meeting and I loved it lmao.

Is this going to be a series of chapters? If so I believe Kageyama's team will win this time because Hinata won in their first encounter when they played in stacked teams prior to the Olympics.