General & Others Has Oda gone Overboard with the bounties.

I think with the introduction of Jack, the bounties had became ridiculously high, it seems that Oda is just throwing numbers with empty hype.

I mean Luffy defeated 3 Warlords ( 1 of them is a former CD ) destroyed Enies Lobby and his bounty was just 500. Then he defeat 2 commanders and “tries” to assassinate BM and his bounty rise to 1.5 Bill.

I think it would be better if the Yonko bounties ranged from 700-900 mill while Roger and Dragon around 1 bill.

what do you guys think?

From the early days of One Piece, where Kuma's and Doffy's bounties were the highest known to us, I remember this fan made bounty poster.

And that kinda made sense to me. The Shichibukai, who are considered to be one of the strongest in the game, have bounties in the 300 million range. So for Shanks as one of the strongest and most influential characters, as a Yonko, those numbers made sense and looked attractive.

I supposed that only those standing at the top (Roger, Whitebeard) would scratch the billion. I'd have been fine even if the billions were reserved for the Yonko in general, ranging from 1 - 1.5 billion, while the top commanders range from 500-700. But now people like Perospero get 700 million and a YC3 like Jack gets the billion. Lol.

Its just high numbers i don't really think oda put much thought to the numbers. Yea i agree think the max should have been around billion but at the end of the day it's irrelevant. You can have a 100 mil pirate beat a 500 mil pirate cuz its just a treat the WG sees you as. Even if the 100 mil guy beat the 500 mil guy he could still have a lower bounty if the 500 mil guy has more influence. Its more so just a talking point than anything.

To be honest, not all Yonko execs are overly inflated. Bobbin being 101 million, or Oven/Daifuku at 300 million makes sense.

It's just near the top where it gets stupid, like Jack being worth 1 billion. That destroyed any semblance of logic and reason when even prime Don Chinjao was like 550 million, or Sabo being less than Perospero. He does certainly not pose more threat to the WG than Sabo.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy, a 500 mil pirate, was weaker than almost every YC3-yc1 during dressrosa.
Except this is absolute horseshit. He was YC1 level.

He was the first person to break out of parasite, when even Jozu couldn't:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Their effectiveness as hype tools has expired. 957 might've been the death knell for bounties as measuring sticks since Oda went about revealing most of the highest ones. And when you consider the climate of the series post Wano, it's understandable. The world will be plunged into chaos, to a point where a system like bounties will get swallowed up in the process.

Mind you, that doesn't mean we won't continue to see updates of bounties for the Shs. At this point, that's all they are good for.

Honestly, I can understand bounties being inflated at the higher end. But when you have Queen at 1.3 billion and Jack at 1 billion, but prime Don Chinjao is 550 million, that is pure stupidity. This man was a CoC user and made prime Garp go all out and break a sweat in a physical clash.

Even amongst YCs, fucking Queen is higher than Katakuri by 300 million. Like what the actual fuck. You can rationalize it all you want, but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Yeah they are a bit ridiculous. Yonkos and Roger should obviously have the highest bounties, but even then I think it should be a couple of billion berries at most. I guess Oda uses bounties as a hype tool, but if every tough guy has a super high amount then it stops being effective.

At this point the bounties don't mean anything, there are no Bounty Hunters who can claim the bounties and the way the system is set up it doesn't show the strength of a pirates but their "threat level".
Now we need to use the bounties to play with the idea.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
At this point the bounties don't mean anything, there are no Bounty Hunters who can claim the bounties and the way the system is set up it doesn't show the strength of a pirates but their "threat level".
Now we need to use the bounties to play with the idea.
Imagine Johnny and Yosaku becoming recurring characters; they get Koby-like leaps in strength/abilities, introduce other high profile hunters into the series, and keep the bounty system from becoming irrelevant. Missed opportunity...

Imagine Johnny and Yosaku becoming recurring characters; they get Koby-like leaps in strength/abilities, introduce other high profile hunters into the series, and keep the bounty system from becoming irrelevant. Missed opportunity...
I mean there baroque Works and filled bounty hunters like Shuraiya, Don Accino and Cidre. Also Bill technically and I also heard that Doffy crew was into bounty hunting

This is really a non issue
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I can understand bounties being inflated at the higher end. But when you have Queen at 1.3 billion and Jack at 1 billion, but prime Don Chinjao is 550 million, that is pure stupidity. This man was a CoC user and made prime Garp go all out and break a sweat in a physical clash.

Even amongst YCs, fucking Queen is higher than Katakuri by 300 million. Like what the actual fuck. You can rationalize it all you want, but it doesn't make it any less stupid.
You just explained it. It's inflation. Roger started the Golden Era of Piracy. Before that sure there were big names, Whitebeard, Roger, Shiki, Rocks etc. but it was manageable. Now, there are probably millions of pirates. The truly large ones do things to distinguish themselves in a way that people like Chinjao hasnt. Whitebeard and Roger at the their time (along with Rocks) are actual outliers in their time.

Last edited:
I'm ok with post-Dress Rosa bounties because Yonkou are part of the power balance and that speaks a lot since the fall of an Emperor can cause a lot of problems around the world. Unlike the warlords, the Emperors are way harder to replace so is easy to see the diference here. With commanders being their main fighters likely for decades, it's fine for them to have 800+ mill.

The only thing I'd say is that it could be more natural if we had one or two non-YC pirates with 600/700 mill before Jack's debut even if they were just mentioned or silhouettes like that Smile demonstration scene in Punk Hazard.

I wonder what dragons is. They specifically made the point to mention piracy when mentioning rogers bounty as the highest.
Above 5 billion. He is most wanted man which means he got better bounty than WB, which means Dragon is either stronger than WB or rev Army is the most dangerous force out there or both.

Above 5 billion. He is most wanted man which means he got better bounty than WB, which means Dragon is either stronger than WB or rev Army is the most dangerous force out there or both.
Dragon and the Revolutionaries bounties have little to do with their strength it is the fact they actively not only fight the World Government, but according to Iva get other nations (sometimes through force) to leave the World Government, where Whitebeard and the Whitebeard Pirates unless provoked didn't attack the World Government. Dragon and Revolutionaries bounties are more based on their "threat level" than actual power.