Current Events Honest Question: Why don't people actually want a real 1v1 fight for Zoro?

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
That's precisely what will happen lol.

The only reason Zoro got injured with Hakai was so that Luffy can get his 1-on-1 fight and so that Zoro only returns to Kaido at the right time. Zoro will coincidentally finish "recovering" the moment Kaido becomes an available opponent for him.
It's going to be the post-time skip Kuma fight. Most likely 2 chapters of Zoro v Kaido, which isn't bad in my opinion...

Stuff like Zoro v King won't happen because the plot hasn't suggested it at all. The entire premise of that fight is still relying on "Zoro has sword, King has sword. Zoro is 'yc1'. King is 'yc1'" type logic... If Oda wanted that fight to happen, he wouldn't have made Zoro tank Hakai; he would have simply had Luffy tell Zoro to go down and let him fight Kaido alone...

Right now, while Zoro is injured, the things I expect to be continued are non-fighting-related. It wouldn't make any sense for Oda to emphasize the scale of his injury just to have him immediately come back to fight a commander. I expect things such as Hiyori and Law being involved in nursing him back to health, perhaps Hitetsu showing up and giving him the Nidai in exchange for Sandai, maybe a reveal of his lineage, etcetera. There are many ways for Oda to take this, but I doubt fighting a subordinate is one of them...

I am pretty confident that Zoro's next major fighting-related involvement in Wano will be his 1-on-1 showdown with Kaido.
Zoro's probably going down just to resolve the Orochi plot thread.

But he won't be going against a yc2 lmfao
And if you want to go off performance he was getting handled by 2 fingers of a nerfed Marco who juggled him and queen
If you are already insulting King that much, is it even surprising to you a nerfed Zoro fights him lol?

I just think before we even see hybrids or the potential for awakening, we can't really determine how strong they are vs Marco. Oda loves stalling at the expense of making characters look bad. I mean Big Mom is literally the worst offender of this.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
and before we saw the roof
zoro and drake with apoo
spanning multiple chapters ?
he didnt damage them
but he held them off.

"But he won't be going against a yc2 lmfao"
well shiryu is a second div commander
thats what the fandom calls yc2.
? irrelevant
weve seen zoros top level against hybrid kaido

you think king is comparable ?

maybe to the negative iq trolls
he shares the same rank oden did in wbs ship
find someone who says oden is yc2
Post automatically merged:

If you are already insulting King that much, is it even surprising to you a nerfed Zoro fights him lol?

I just think before we even see hybrids or the potential for awakening, we can't really determine how strong they are vs Marco. Oda loves stalling at the expense of making characters look bad. I mean Big Mom is literally the worst offender of this.
like i said above
even a hybrid king how does it stack to a hybrid kaido ?
not well if at all imo

That's precisely what will happen lol.

The only reason Zoro got injured with Hakai was so that Luffy can get his 1-on-1 fight and so that Zoro only returns to Kaido at the right time. Zoro will coincidentally finish "recovering" the moment Kaido becomes an available opponent for him.
It's going to be the post-time skip Kuma fight. Most likely 2 chapters of Zoro v Kaido, which isn't bad in my opinion...

Stuff like Zoro v King won't happen because the plot hasn't suggested it at all. The entire premise of that fight is still relying on "Zoro has sword, King has sword. Zoro is 'yc1'. King is 'yc1'" type logic... If Oda wanted that fight to happen, he wouldn't have made Zoro tank Hakai; he would have simply had Luffy tell Zoro to go down and let him fight Kaido alone...

Right now, while Zoro is injured, the things I expect to be continued are non-fighting-related. It wouldn't make any sense for Oda to emphasize the scale of his injury just to have him immediately come back to fight a commander. I expect things such as Hiyori and Law being involved in nursing him back to health, perhaps Hitetsu showing up and giving him the Nidai in exchange for Sandai, maybe a reveal of his lineage, etcetera. There are many ways for Oda to take this, but I doubt fighting a subordinate is one of them...

I am pretty confident that Zoro's next major fighting-related involvement in Wano will be his 1-on-1 showdown with Kaido.
You literally could do all this without removing Zoro from the roof and not extensively injuring him.

Sorry but I disagree.

Like it's baffling to me that you can say:

"If Oda wanted that fight to happen, he wouldn't have made Zoro tank Hakai; he would have simply had Luffy tell Zoro to go down and let him fight Kaido alone..."

But then expect:

"I am pretty confident that Zoro's next major fighting-related involvement in Wano will be his 1-on-1 showdown with Kaido."

Like if that's not a massive contradiction in logic, idk what is. Are we insulting Kaido or are we insulting King?

@spawn , updated my comment. More I had to say about this

but hey if you guys are fine not seeing zoro for a while
waiting for that zkk chap to pay off
thats also fine
just know even this possible fight doesnt stop the other from happening. but ok.
I think from spawns post
I got a more rational reason
not sure how it works cause luffy told him he got this so I assume when the fight is over in that case.

? irrelevant
weve seen zoros top level against hybrid kaido

you think king is comparable ?

maybe to the negative iq trolls
he shares the same rank oden did in wbs ship
find someone who says oden is yc2

like i said above
even a hybrid king how does it stack to a hybrid kaido ?
not well if at all imo
his role was yc2 mate
his powerlevel was not
thats the difference .
king is kaido's number 1 calamity.
whether he is > , < , or equal to katakuri is yet to be seen.

Zoro's probably going down just to resolve the Orochi plot thread.
There is no "Orochi plot thread" that involves Zoro.
Orochi is part of the idea of Kozuki v Kurozumi.
It makes absolutely no sense for Zoro to be involved in that. This is an affair that will be resolved through Ame-no-Habakiri ("the snake slayer") through either Momon or Hiyori... Not Zoro and Enma. Enma is the blade that splits the earth to the bottom of "hell" (hell being Kaido) and was given to Zoro for a reason. If Zoro's job was to resolve the Orochi deal, he would have gotten Habakiri instead.

Last edited:

HA001

β€Ž
Orochi's is part of the idea of Kozuki v Kurozumi.
It makes absolutely no sense for Zoro to be involved in that. This is an affair that will be resolved through Ame-no-Habakiri ("the snake slayer") through either Momon or Hiyori... Not Zoro and Enma. Enma is the blade that splits the earth to the bottom of "hell" (hell being Kaido) and was given to Zoro for a reason. If Zoro's job was to resolve the Orochi deal, he would have gotten Habakiri instead.
that said i could see him being there with momo or hiyori or both when it happens but that final head is absolutely going to one of them 2

You literally could do all this without removing Zoro from the roof and not extensively injuring him.

Sorry but I disagree.
Sorry but I don't understand.

How can you have a Luffy 1-on-1 fight with Kaido without removing Zoro from the rooftop? Zoro either has to go under the rooftop and fight subordinates or he has to go join Kid and Killer in the fight against Big Mom, both of which don't make much sense for what Oda has set up for Zoro.
What legitimate excuse can Oda create for Zoro magically being taken out of this fight that is better than Zoro being injured to the point he can't fight for now?

HA001

β€Ž
but hey if you guys are fine not seeing zoro for a while
waiting for that zkk chap to pay off
thats also fine
just know even this possible fight doesnt stop the other from happening. but ok.
I think from spawns post
I got a more rational reason
not sure how it works cause luffy told him he got this so I assume when the fight is over in that case.

his role was yc2 mate
his powerlevel was not
thats the difference .
king is kaido's number 1 calamity.
whether he is > , < , or equal to katakuri is yet to be seen.
no it wasnt yc this and that is fan made shit

all crews dont have the same set up

roger had
vc
rest

shanks has
vc
rest

primebeard had division commanders
with 2nd division commander being his strongest

blackbeard has division commanders

kaido has
3 all stars

meme has
3 sweet commanders

dc was never there rank in power
vista isnt yc5
izo isnt yc16

Sorry but I don't understand.

How can you have a Luffy 1-on-1 fight with Kaido without removing Zoro from the rooftop? Zoro either has to go under the rooftop and fight subordinates or he has to go join Kid and Killer in the fight against Big Mom, both of which don't make much sense for what Oda has set up for Zoro.
What legitimate excuse can Oda create for Zoro magically being taken out of this fight that is better than Zoro being injured to the point he can't fight for now?

I mean, the former is literally happening right now. He's telling them to go below the dome. Whether or not you think to makes much sense, it's actually happening lol.

My question to you is why you say it's improbable for Zoro to fight King because he tanked Hakai and is nerfed, but in the same post say that you expect Zoro to 1v1 Kaido lol.

He literally did not have to remove Zoro entirely from the fight if he wanted Luffy to have a temporary 1v1 and still have Zoro fight Kaido. I dont get why this is so hard to process.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Orochi's is part of the idea of Kozuki v Kurozumi.
He said he wanted to avenge Yasuie. I agree with Hiyori or Momo finishing off Orochi but Zoro's definitely going to be present for Orochi's death. Then he'll go back to Kaido.

no it wasnt yc this and that is fan made shit

roger had
vc
rest

shanks has
vc
rest

primebeard had division commanders

blackbeard has division commanders

kaido has
3 all stars

meme has
3 sweet commanders

dc was never there rank in power
vista isnt yc5
izo isnt yc16
no
roger and luffy's crew are like that
shanks isnt
he has "executives"

correct
which is why your king == kata assumption
doesnt necessarily hold up
till we see what king can do

I think you have it wrong. I don't believe most of us don't want Zoro to have a 1v1 battle. Zoro battles have been some of thr best battles in the manga. We just want Zoro to have a proper 1v1 battle.

Based on Zoro's display on the dome it's impossible to give him a proper 1v1 battle if he doesn't fight Big Mom and Zoro is not set up to fight her.

There is King, but he is not strong enough for Zoro. That is why I believe part of the reason Oda had Zoro fight on the dome was to weaken him so King can pose a challenge to Zoro.

Okay, many things here to respond to here.
I mean, the former is literally happening right now. He's telling then to go below the dome. Whether or not you think to makes much sense, it's actually happening lol.
Law and Zoro are going to the dome. I think it makes perfect sense.
I think Zoro is going to be nursed for 10-20 chapters and he will be kept away until towards the end of the arc.
I believe Law will be taken away from Kaido too by being assigned a new task of helping heal Zoro most likely alongside Hiyori. Or potentially, he could leave Zoro and go to Big Mom. There are different options possible for him.
My question to you is why you say it's improbable for Zoro to fight King because he tanked Hakai and is nerfed, but in the same post say that you expect Zoro to 1v1 Kaido lol
Zoro getting nursed back to health will take a considerable amount of chapters given the emphasis put on how badly he is injured.
In that span of chapters, I believe King will be defeated.
In that same span of chapters, I don't believe Kaido will be defeated.
Hence why I think Kaido will be an available opponent for Zoro while King won't be since he will most likely be downed for good.
Like it's baffling to me that you can say:

"If Oda wanted that fight to happen, he wouldn't have made Zoro tank Hakai; he would have simply had Luffy tell Zoro to go down and let him fight Kaido alone..."

But then expect:

"I am pretty confident that Zoro's next major fighting-related involvement in Wano will be his 1-on-1 showdown with Kaido."

Like if that's not a massive contradiction in logic, idk what is. Are we insulting Kaido or are we insulting King?

@spawn , updated my comment. More I had to say about this
If Oda wanted Zoro to fight King: he would have made Luffy tell Zoro to get off the rooftop without the entire Hakai thing happening. Meaning that Zoro could fight King while Luffy is fighting Kaido, but he didn't do that. He made Zoro get injured and now he has to get through recovering from the injury.
I believe that by the time Zoro finishes recovering, the two opponents that will not be finished are Big Mom and Kaido, not King.
Hence why Zoro will be able to fight Kaido...

There is no "contradiction", it's just that we have a different set of unspoken assumptions.
For example, I believe the subordinates will be defeated before Kaido and Big Mom. Maybe you don't believe that.
Additionally, I believe that Zoro's "healing" will take a considerable amount of time (20-30 chapters potentially). Maybe you think it will be much shorter than that. etc...

Okay, many things here to respond to here.

Law and Zoro are going to the dome. I think it makes perfect sense.
I think Zoro is going to be nursed for 10-20 chapters and he will be kept away until towards the end of the arc.
I believe Law will be taken away from Kaido too by being assigned a new task of helping heal Zoro most likely alongside Hiyori. Or potentially, he could leave Zoro and go to Big Mom. There are different options possible for him.

Zoro getting nursed back to health will take a considerable amount of chapters given the emphasis put on how badly he is injured.
In that span of chapters, I believe King will be defeated.
In that same span of chapters, I don't believe Kaido will be defeated.
Hence why I think Kaido will be an available opponent for Zoro while King won't be since he will most likely be downed for good.

If Oda wanted Zoro to fight King: he would have made Luffy tell Zoro to get off the rooftop without the entire Hakai thing happening. Meaning that Zoro could fight King while Luffy is fighting Kaido, but he didn't do that. He made Zoro get injured and now he has to get through recovering from the injury.
I believe that by the time Zoro finishes recovering, the two opponents that will not be finished are Big Mom and Kaido, not King.
Hence why Zoro will be able to fight Kaido...

There is no "contradiction", it's just that we have a different set of unspoken assumptions.
For example, I believe the subordinates will be defeated before Kaido and Big Mom. Maybe you don't believe that.
Additionally, I believe that Zoro's "healing" will take a considerable amount of time (20-30 chapters potentially). Maybe you think it will be much shorter than that. etc...
Thanks for explaining. I gotcha now. Lets agree to disagree then.