Current Events Honest Question: Why don't people actually want a real 1v1 fight for Zoro?

He said he wanted to avenge Yasuie. I agree with Hiyori or Momo finishing off Orochi but Zoro's definitely going to be present for Orochi's death. Then he'll go back to Kaido.
Meh, then I don't care too much. I don't think that it's too significant.
I'm also pretty sure Yasu's idea of revenge involved taking Kaido's head.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for explaining. I gotcha now. Lets agree to disagree then.
Sure, no problem.

I am not satisfy at all and I think if ZKK happens, it should have "fluidity" you mentioned, not just 2 or 3 pages feat.

We haven't seen Zoro (and also other characters except Luffy) goes all-out for so so long. This becomes new OP standards and I think that's why Zoro's feat is enough for many people.

For me, I am unsatisfied. Oda has kept Zoro restricted by protecting Luffy, tanking Hakai, and we don't have any fluid moment where he focus on beating opponent like the time he fought Mr.1, Kuma, Ryuma.

However, if he got 1 vs 1 with King, I would also be unsatisfied since Oda has already hyped Zoro so much and he already made a bold announcement. The flow would make sense if Zoro fought King before reaching Kaido.

The only satisfying choice for me right now is Zoro joining back the roof. He may have 1 on 1 with Kaido for a while (but I don't think he should win) or beat him with team effort. Or admiral-level character is introduced and becomes main Zoro opponent.
You deserve a follow.

There is King, but he is not strong enough for Zoro. That is why I believe part of the reason Oda had Zoro fight on the dome was to weaken him so King can pose a challenge to Zoro.
Which funny enough, is actually what I think is happening imo, but we'll see. We have to see how Marco, Chopper, Drake, and Sanji are handled relative to King, Queen and Perospero.

Which funny enough, is actually what I think is happening imo, but we'll see. We have to see how Marco, Chopper, Drake, and Sanji are handled relative to King, Queen and Perospero.
I think I remember you making a comparison of the current situation to Enies Lobby.
Marco holding off King and Queen feels similar to Zoro holding off Kaku and Jabra.
While Chopper briefly being involved in the fight is somewhat similar to Usopp being Jabra's initial "opponent".
Sanji in EL was first fighting Khalifa, here he was fighting Black Maria.
If the pattern continues.
Then Marco's "true" opponent will go to being King.
While Sanji jumps in and decides to fight Queen in place of Chopper.
It might not have been you and you might completely disagree, but I think that's a possible road Oda might go for that set of characters.

That's precisely what will happen lol.

The only reason Zoro got injured with Hakai was so that Luffy can get his 1-on-1 fight and so that Zoro only returns to Kaido at the right time. Zoro will coincidentally finish "recovering" the moment Kaido becomes an available opponent for him.
It's going to be the post-time skip Kuma fight. Most likely 2 chapters of Zoro v Kaido, which isn't bad in my opinion...

Stuff like Zoro v King won't happen because the plot hasn't suggested it at all. The entire premise of that fight is still relying on "Zoro has sword, King has sword. Zoro is 'yc1'. King is 'yc1'" type logic... If Oda wanted that fight to happen, he wouldn't have made Zoro tank Hakai; he would have simply had Luffy tell Zoro to go down and let him fight Kaido alone...

Right now, while Zoro is injured, the things I expect to be continued are non-fighting-related. It wouldn't make any sense for Oda to emphasize the scale of his injury just to have him immediately come back to fight a commander. I expect things such as Hiyori and Law being involved in nursing him back to health, perhaps Hitetsu showing up and giving him the Nidai in exchange for Sandai, maybe a reveal of his lineage, etcetera. There are many ways for Oda to take this, but I doubt fighting a subordinate is one of them...

I am pretty confident that Zoro's next major fighting-related involvement in Wano will be his 1-on-1 showdown with Kaido.
:cheers:

I think I remember you making a comparison of the current situation to Enies Lobby.
Marco holding off King and Queen feels similar to Zoro holding off Kaku and Jabra.
While Chopper briefly being involved in the fight is somewhat similar to Usopp being Jabra's initial "opponent".
Sanji in EL was first fighting Khalifa, here he was fighting Black Maria.
If the pattern continues.
Then Marco's "true" opponent will go to being King.
While Sanji jumps in and decides to fight Queen in place of Chopper.
It might not have been you and you might completely disagree, but I think that's a possible road Oda might go for that set of characters.
The problem with this (imo of course) is that we can't assume Marco is a main character warranted a full blown fight. He's been a YC for decades essentially. Him surpassing or beating King fundamentally does nothing to service the growth of the character.

Idk, just my thought in it. Zoro fighting King while weakened at least maintains the idea that these are the new gen pirates surpassing the old, or at least that Zoro could effectively struggle at some sort of poorly recovered health.

But like you said, all up to interpretation on how long you think Zoro will be out vs when the YC are fought.

if you think the gap between zoro and king is enough where king has to run all fight
this highlights
the problem here
his bounty possibly above current luffy
sure marco showed him up but he has a lot to prove

truth is
out of the 5 sn on the roof
aside from luffy and zoro's damage on kaido
no one has done anything I think a top yc wouldnt be able to pull off.
and thats a fact.
Let's summarize Zoro's greatest feats during his time on Rooftop:
1. Made Big Mom panicked and warned Kaido
2. Cutting Borobreath
3. Tatsumaki
4. Tanking Hakai before being teleported by Law
5. Asura, putting permanent scar on Kaido's body

Out of all 5, I think King can pull 4 and 5.
No 1, he probably can't, because afterall that scene was more like to hype Enma, which King doesn't have.
No 2, he probably can't, which is irrelevant anyway because fire is his move, so cutting fire is not really a needed technique for him.
No 3, he probably can't, or probably can, simply depends whether he has a move like Tatsumaki or not. Zoro's tatsumaki wasn't really highlighted to be game changer anyways, it only be countered right after by Kaido with bigger Tatsumaki.

And now, Zoro's most important feats are tanking Hakai and scarring Kaido permanently.
Both can be done by King.
- Tanking Hakai for some seconds before teleported by Law, and ended greatly injured without losing consciousness.
If you think King with his ancient zoan DF's durability and recovery can't tank Hakai for seconds before being teleported. If you think King will be instant KOed by that scene, then you are in for rude awakening.
- Inflicting permanent scar to Kaido using 1 of strongest move, if not the strongest move.
If you think King, which is only about time confirmed to be advanced CoA master, can't do the same i.e. inflicting permanent scar to Kaido's body, then again you are in for rude awakening. People think Kaido is TIERS above King, while it actually isn't. The gap between a Yonko and their YC1 isn't that large. Much smaller than gap between Admiral and average Vice Admiral.
Kaido values strength much, and the fact that King is his YC1 / highest subordinate speaks a thing.

Now that Zoro is confirmed to be a CoC user, the possibility of King having King's Haki aka CoC also increases. Because, we will see again the clash of CoC between Zoro and his opponent, who turns out to be King.
Post automatically merged:

If you are already insulting King that much, is it even surprising to you a nerfed Zoro fights him lol?
Don't worry, he will gonna change his tone soon.

Just like he changed his tone on King as soon as Zoro made it to Rooftop, he will change his tone again as soon as Zoro is coming back for King

Love how people still think that Zoro vs King is happening. It wouldnt make any sense, that would be just fanservice from Oda to fans, people want Zoro to fight every single strong opponent in the war, chill out, he might fight some gifters or headliners, but he aint fighting no Calamities or tobiroppo:zorothink:

Love how people still think that Zoro vs King is happening. It wouldnt make any sense, that would be just fanservice from Oda to fans, people want Zoro to fight every single strong opponent in the war, chill out, he might fight some gifters or headliners, but he aint fighting no Calamities or tobiroppo:zorothink:
It's not fan service, it's Oda's pattern. King is Kaido's strongest and a swordsman, so he'd naturally go to Zoro.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
do you think King can survive tanking Hakai for secs before immediately being teleported by Law?
Yes. And his zoan fruit allows him to recover from it incredibly fast afterwards, letting King fight longer and less restricted.
Can King put a permanent scar (which is still on lesser damage than Oden and Kaido still laughed after that) using his strongest move?
Probably not. But his strongest attack should deal a lot of damage to Kaido.