House of the Dragon

Season I Favourite Characters?

• Total voters
If Aemond didn’t show up, Aegon and Sunfyre both would die for certain.
True but the plan was always for Aemond to ambush whoever shows up to defend Rooks Rest. Then Aegon showed up and instead of going with him to help him and crush Meleys effortlessly. He decides to wait and let them engage and basically lose a Dragon and then he toasts Aegon lol.

Dude is dumb as hell lol. Idk what that was but it certainly didnt match his strategic character shown early in this very same episode lol.
Still not the most rational thing
He probably wanted Aegon to get fucked up somewhat because he's annoying
This would be true if we didnt see him literally try to kill him afterwards lol.

And thats dumb from him from a tactical standpoint, why would he sacrifice a great military asset like that in the middle of a war lol.
cause he hates Aegon now, and wants him dead

could he have waited and got his brother killed with poison in the brothels or something? sure

but he was impulsive and decided to take advantage of the situation

cause he hates Aegon now, and wants him dead
Why? Because he teased him a bit in the brothel while drunk lol? That warrants killing your brother? Bear in mind Aemond was remorsefull of killing Luke, the guy who literally took his eye lol.

could he have waited and got his brother killed with poison in the brothels or something? sure

but he was impulsive and decided to take advantage of the situation
This made him look dumb for me.

True but the plan was always for Aemond to ambush whoever shows up to defend Rooks Rest. Then Aegon showed up and instead of going with him to help him and crush Meleys effortlessly. He decides to wait and let them engage and basically lose a Dragon and then he toasts Aegon lol.

Dude is dumb as hell lol. Idk what that was but it certainly didnt match his strategic character shown early in this very same episode lol.

This would be true if we didnt see him literally try to kill him afterwards lol.
Aemond wants to replace Aegon as king. He wanted Aegon to die at Rook’s Rest. If he helped Aegon out right away, Rhaenys would die and Aegon would live. If he didn’t show up at all and let Rhaenys kill Aegon, Cole would rightfully accuse him of treason since there would be no good reason for Aemond to not show up. He had to wait until Aegon was about to be killed by Rhaenys before striking so that he could have Aegon be killed while pretending like he was trying to save his king (even if it was Vhagar’s fire that killed Aegon and Sunfyre, Aemond could just say that Aegon was about to be killed by Rhaenys anyways, and it would be impossible to hit Meleys without also hitting Sunfyre, so he had no choice but to take the risk).

Why? Because he teased him a bit in the brothel while drunk lol? That warrants killing your brother? Bear in mind Aemond was remorsefull of killing Luke, the guy who literally took his eye lol.

This made him look dumb for me.
cause the writers want more drama

this is a show addition

Aemond wants to replace Aegon as king. He wanted Aegon to die at Rook’s Rest. If he helped Aegon out right away, Rhaenys would die and Aegon would live. If he didn’t show up at all and let Rhaenys kill Aegon, Cole would rightfully accuse him of treason since there would be no good reason for Aemond to not show up. He had to wait until Aegon was about to be killed by Rhaenys before striking so that he could have Aegon be killed while pretending like he was trying to save his king (even if it was Vhagar’s fire that killed Aegon and Sunfyre, Aemond could just say that Aegon was about to be killed by Rhaenys anyways, and it would be impossible to hit Meleys without also hitting Sunfyre, so he had no choice but to take the risk).
This doesnt go against what I said, I know why he did what he did. I just said its dumb because its not strategically sound to do that in the middle of a war. Its just retarded.

This doesnt go against what I said, I know why he did what he did. I just said its dumb because it’s not strategically sound to do that in the middle of a war. It’s just retarded.
Aemond is willing to lose a dragon and put the Greens in a slightly worse position if it means that he can replace Aegon as king

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I really dislike the prophecy stuff
Easily the worst part of the show.

But I do like how it is being used to further the conflict between Rhaenyra and Alicent. Talk about making the best of a bad plot element.

I really can’t praise this show enough, it is brilliant in the way it has handled almost every single one of its plot elements. The way it subverts expectations in a meaningful way for those who have read the books like myself is also a huge, huge plus.

House of the Dragon is seriously my favorite series since Breaking Bad.

Easily the worst part of the show.

But I do like how it is being used to further the conflict between Rhaenyra and Alicent. Talk about making the best of a bad plot element.

I really can’t praise this show enough, it is brilliant in the way it has handled almost every single one of its plot elements. The way it subverts expectations in a meaningful way for those who have read the books like myself is also a huge, huge plus.

House of the Dragon is seriously my favorite series since Breaking Bad.
Tbf the only reason why the prophecy stuff sucks is because we know how much of a damp squib the Long Night ends up being

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Why? Because he teased him a bit in the brothel while drunk lol? That warrants killing your brother?
Aemond doesn’t hate Aegon. At least I don’t think so.

Aemond wants to be King, and he is willing to kill his brother to sit the throne (provided he can do so in a manner that makes it seem like him killing Aegon was an accident).

This is due to Aemond’s deep seated feelings of superiority and the anger of being bullied since his youth. He thinks Aegon isn’t fit to be King and he is, which adds to his superiority complex. He says this in season 1. “I study histories and philosophies and the sword, and yet Aegon will sit the throne.”

It’s not hatred lol, Aemond, like many princes and lords, is just willing to kill the person directly above him if it leads to his own advancement.

Last edited:
Aemond doesn’t hate Aegon. At least I don’t think so.

Aemond wants to be King, and he is willing to kill his brother to sit the throne (provided he can do so in a manner that makes it seem like him killing Aegon was an accident).

This is due to Aemond’s deep seated feelings of inferiority due to being bullied since his youth. He thinks Aegon isn’t fit to be King and he is, which adds to his inferiority complex. He says this in season 1. “I study histories and philosophies and the sword, and yet Aegon will sit the throne.”

It’s not hatred lol, Aemond, like many princes and lords, is just willing to kill the person directly above him if it leads to his own advancement.
that's not what inferiority complex is

he sees himself above his brother

F

Foul Legacy

Now that I realise Those who are at good at High valyrian are also bonded well with their dragon.

Aemond is willing to lose a dragon and put the Greens in a slightly worse position if it means that he can replace Aegon as king
Not slightly worse they lost effectively 50% of their Dragon fighting force lol. Helaena isnt a fighter and Daerons Dragon isnt of fighting age yet lol.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
They are making Aemond different from Daemon.

Both were superior in every way to their clown elder siblings who were called Kings, but Daemon never wanted it over Viserys while Aemond will let Aegon die in a heartbeat.

They are making Aemond different from Daemon.

Both were superior in every way to their clown elder siblings who were called Kings, but Daemon never wanted it over Viserys while Aemond will let Aegon die in a heartbeat.
Daemon? Better than Viserys? Not to say Viserys is perfect in any way, but I think you’re getting the wrong lessons out of this story.