Powers & Abilities How close is Zoro to being the Strongest Swordsman of all time ?

Post-Wano Zoro weaker than fucking Vista?????

Are you guys fucking mad or on some unimaginable copium amounts?
I say around equals... you may call me mad... but I simply rate WB commander >>>> Calamities...
This was clearly shown in:
1- people who were cabin boys on WB ship like Inu/Neku being equal to Jack

2- Izou who's like decent level commander making King look BAD in the invasion

3- Marco basically TOYING the fuck out of 1st and 2nd calamities TOGETHER.... while holding Zoro with his leg...

I'm sorry, but I personally DO NOT rank all YC1 in same boat... I do not rank all YC2 in same boat....

I personally have HIGHER respect to Shanks commanders and WB commanders than Beast Pirates commanders...

And with that being said, I am a believer that Vista > King
you all can come hate me for it... but I rank Vista EVEN HIGHER than Jozu among WB pirates... I have my own reasons and they come from speculations + observation

And IF I rank him higher than Jozu, and I personally put Jozu above King.... I firmly will believe that Zoro will be on that level come end of Wano... which is > King... which is a level I put Vista on despite being 5th division commander of WB pirates....

And I simply do not believe in Number of WB commanders equal the strength... because Oda himself stated so... that numbers is not based on strength... otherwise Oden would be 1st division commander, not 2nd

Probably closer than we think, the story is coming close to its end so he'll be soon ready to take on Mihawk/Shiryu.

What about Rayleigh ? And I wouldn't say Mihawk is on par with Oden, he's probably stronger since he turned his sword into a Kokuto, which Oden couldn't do.
Rayleigh I donโ€™t count since we donโ€™t know what his prime is and currently heโ€™s not relevant to the world of swordsman since heโ€™s retired.
And until we find out what turns a blade into a kokuto Iโ€™m not one to give an edge based on that.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I say around equals... you may call me mad... but I simply rate WB commander >>>> Calamities...
This was clearly shown in:
1- people who were cabin boys on WB ship like Inu/Neku being equal to Jack

2- Izou who's like decent level commander making King look BAD in the invasion

3- Marco basically TOYING the fuck out of 1st and 2nd calamities.... while holding Zoro with his leg...

I'm sorry, but I personally DO NOT rank all YC1 in same boat... I do not rank all YC2 in same boat....

I personally have HIGHER respect to Shanks commanders and WB commanders than Beast Pirates commanders...

And with that being said, I am a believer that Vista > King
you all can come hate me for it... but I rank Vista EVEN HIGHER than Jozu among WB pirates... I have my own reasons and they come from speculations + observation

And IF I rank him higher than Jozu, and I personally put Jozu above King.... I firmly will believe that Zoro will be on that level come end of Wano... which is > King... which is a level I put Vista on despite being 5th division commander of WB pirates....

And I simply do not believe in Number of WB commanders equal the strength... because Oda himself stated so... that numbers is not based on strength... otherwise Oden would be 1st division commander, not 2nd
Do you really believe that Zoro after fighting and beating Kaido with others will be weaker than fucking Vista?

Vista is not dangerous to Post Wano version.

Mihawk only rated him because he wanted a chance to duel with someone who knows how to wield a sword.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
Zoro's name has already been mentioned alongside other top swordsmen, such as Mihawk, Shanks, Vista, according to the Zoro novel: Strawhat Stories.

Summary by sandman.

After Wano, Zoro will definitely be considered a front runner for strongest swordsman.

Edit: Fandom's gotta stop thinking we have lots of story left. One Piece is reaching its climax. Luffy will be recognized as Shanks' equal soon, so his best man can't still be lagging behind in his dream.

Among the listed ones, I would give Mihawk, Ryuma, Roger and Shanks the benefit of the doubt against current Zoro who didnt show his capabilities yet.
Once Wano is over and we have a display of his strength, that benefit may be stripped away.
Benefit of the doubt ? Are you acctually saying current Zoro is probably stronger than Ryuma, Mihawk, Roger and Shanks ? Lmao.

Do you really believe that Zoro after fighting and beating Kaido with others will be weaker than fucking Vista?

Vista is not dangerous to Post Wano version.

Mihawk only rated him because he wanted a chance to duel with someone who knows how to wield a sword.
First of all,
Zoro will participate in fighting Kaido... assuming he will take down Kaido is SOOO pre-mature considering the build up for Luffy.... and if you're just gonna give me the "Kaido must die, Luffy doesn't kill people" I happen to be a person who believes Kaido will NOT die in this war... reason simply is that is Kaido's wish.... Luffy BREAKS everyones wish...

Secondly, it's too soon to tell what roles Zoro will be in the fight..... hell, he can be the person to kill Kaido... who knows... I'm not against it.... BUT, it's too soon for you to say it AS A FACT that Zoro will be the guy to beat Kaido and then say he's by default strongr than Vista....
Sure, if that happens, I will agree, he will be stronger... but I personally have different vision for what Zoro's role will be... as simple as that... and as scenario differ, and roles differ, the FEATS will differ too....

And my scenario simply will make Zoro > King..... for MANY people, they consider that by default stronger than Vista because King is YC1.... HOWEVER, as I stated, I simply treat WB commanders differently than Beast Commanders and Sweet General from BM Pirates... I generally have WB commanders >>>> than them
And I simply put Vista > King for my own reasons
Which is the same level I see Zoro on after Wano... Higher than King...
again, Vista is not being treated as a YC5 by me... I scale him differently by the mere fact that I rank him STRONGER than Jozu who's WB 3rd division commander

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
First of all,
Zoro will participate in fighting Kaido... assuming he will take down Kaido is SOOO pre-mature considering the build up for Luffy.... and if you're just gonna give me the "Kaido must die, Luffy doesn't kill people" I happen to be a person who believes Kaido will NOT die in this war... reason simply is that is Kaido's wish.... Luffy BREAKS everyones wish...

Secondly, it's too soon to tell what roles Zoro will be in the fight..... hell, he can be the person to kill Kaido... who knows... I'm not against it.... BUT, it's too soon for you to say it AS A FACT that Zoro will be the guy to beat Kaido and then say he's by default strongr than Vista....
Sure, if that happens, I will agree, he will be stronger... but I personally have different vision for what Zoro's role will be... as simple as that... and as scenario differ, and roles differ, the FEATS will differ too....

And my scenario simply will make Zoro > King..... for MANY people, they consider that by default stronger than Vista because King is YC1.... HOWEVER, as I stated, I simply treat WB commanders differently than Beast Commanders and Sweet General from BM Pirates... I generally have WB commanders >>>> than them
And I simply put Vista > King for my own reasons
Which is the same level I see Zoro on after Wano... Higher than King...
again, Vista is not being treated as a YC5 by me... I scale him differently by the mere fact that I rank him STRONGER than Jozu who's WB 3rd division commander
After Wano Luffy and Zoro will rival Admirals. There is nothing more post Wano they will not magically meet another Yonko with a crew based on Commanders to fight them.

Vista is YC3 level at best if he even is on this level.

Zoro opponents post Wano: Shiryu/ Fuji or Kizaru/ Mihawk.

Cutting Kaido alone is a bigger feat than anything Vista has done in his whole life.

Let alone talking about full-blown fight with Zoro post Wano.

After Wano Luffy and Zoro will rival Admirals. There is nothing more post Wano they will not magically meet another Yonko with a crew based on Commanders to fight them.

Vista is YC3 level at best if he even is on this level.

Zoro opponents post Wano: Shiryu/ Fuji or Kizaru/ Mihawk.

Cutting Kaido alone is a bigger feat than anything Vista has done in his whole life.

Let alone talking about full-blown fight with Zoro post Wano.
I will repeat my god damn sentence..... I DO NOT rank all YC1 in same boat... same for YC2 and others....
the fact that Marco can play with King and Queen at same time while holding Zoro with his foot (as a disadvantage) is just a clear statement that there is NO SUCH THING as YC1 level.... again, I am putting Vista ABOVE a YC1 here, which is King.... I see Vista as a guy who is JUST LIKE katakuri for Luffy... who was the BRIDGE before facing Kaido....
Vista level is a BRIDGE for Zoro before facing Mihawk....
By the way, I rank Vista = Shiryuu and BOTH above King....

I will repeat my god damn sentence..... I DO NOT rank all YC1 in same boat... same for YC2 and others....
the fact that Marco can play with King and Queen at same time while holding Zoro with his foot (as a disadvantage) is just a clear statement that there is NO SUCH THING as YC1 level.... again, I am putting Vista ABOVE a YC1 here, which is King.... I see Vista as a guy who is JUST LIKE katakuri for Luffy... who was the BRIDGE before facing Kaido....
Vista level is a BRIDGE for Zoro before facing Mihawk....
By the way, I rank Vista = Shiryuu and BOTH above King....
"Play" is an overstatement, it's like saying Monet played with Luffy. Getting the better of a stronger opponent in a short clash is a possibility when the element of surprise comes into play.

"Play" is an overstatement, it's like saying Monet played with Luffy. Getting the better of a stronger opponent in a short clash is a possibility when the element of surprise comes into play.
HE WAS PLAYING... and you can NEVER compare the situation with Monet and Luffy... Here is the reason:

1- There was NO element of surprise with Marco... so you guys stop giving FALSE excuses that NEVER were there... Marco is SO FAMOUS for his ability... in Marineford itself, FODDER soldiers were saying "it's his famous ability of phoenix regeneration" .... In Zou, Usopp and others were describing him to Luffy through his DF and his hair..... Lastly, Marco was the one being JUMPED ON by King and Queen... not the other way around... Marco was heading for the ceiling, and both were jumping on him....

2- Monet was New to Luffy, with unknown ability... who JUMPED on Luffy's fight with Ceasar....

3- Luffy's aim was Ceasar, and careless to focus on Monet as an opponent... while Marco is the one being JUMPED by TWO commanders, while he's at disadvantage of having his legs crippled by holding Zoro with it....

The comparison is invalid at all.... Marco PLAYED with both King and Queen + being crippled because he was holding Zoro... comparing it with Monet and luffy is honestly the funniest WRONG escape route

HE WAS PLAYING... and you can NEVER compare the situation with Monet and Luffy... Here is the reason:

1- There was NO element of surprise with Marco... so you guys stop giving FALSE excuses that NEVER were there... Marco is SO FAMOUS for his ability... in Marineford itself, FODDER soldiers were saying "it's his famous ability of phoenix regeneration" .... In Zou, Usopp and others were describing him to Luffy through his DF and his hair..... Lastly, Marco was the one being JUMPED ON by King and Queen... not the other way around... Marco was heading for the ceiling, and both were jumping on him....

2- Monet was New to Luffy, with unknown ability... who JUMPED on Luffy's fight with Ceasar....

3- Luffy's aim was Ceasar, and careless to focus on Monet as an opponent... while Marco is the one being JUMPED by TWO commanders, while he's at disadvantage of having his legs crippled by holding Zoro with it....

The comparison is invalid at all.... Marco PLAYED with both King and Queen + being crippled because he was holding Zoro... comparing it with Monet and luffy is honestly the funniest WRONG escape route
There's no excuse or "escape route", you're talking to a huge Marco fan in case you didn't notice. Marco took them off guard with a weird ability, they didn't expect him to be able to incapacitate them with his wings alone. I can give you a thousand examples of a weaker opponent getting the better of a stronger one, if you want. Clashes can't be compared to full fleshed fights and are largely dependent on circumstances.

Last edited:
There's no excuse or "escape route", you're talking to a huge Marco fan in case you didn't notice. Marco took them off guard with a weird ability, they didn't expect him to be able to incapicate them with his wings alone. I can give you a thousand examples of a weaker opponent getting the better of a stronger one, if you want. Clashes can't be compared to full fleshed fights and are largely dependent on circumstances.
Let me ask you something... is King equal or is same level as Marco in your book?

I never stated he can solo both, but he toyed with them in that scene which is a fact
but I say Marco can mid diff King.... or would you say it's high diff in your book?
You said he played with them so I took it as a way to say he's stronger than both even if they team up against him. That's what didn't make sense in my opinion, sorry for misunderstanding if it's not what you meant.

I think mid diff is a stretch, high diff makes more sense to me.

Post Wano only Fujitora and Shanks stand between him and Mihawk. Old Ray is definitely debatable.
I never stated he can solo both, but he toyed with them in that scene which is a fact
but I say Marco can mid diff King.... or would you say it's high diff in your book?
I'm all aboard the Marco hype, but i think we should not lowball King just like that. He hasn't shown us anything yet. It should at least be a high diff.