Powers & Abilities How close is Zoro to being the Strongest Swordsman of all time ?

You said he played with them so I took it as a way to say he's stronger than both even if they team up against him. That's what didn't make sense in my opinion, sorry for misunderstanding if it's not what you meant.

I think mid diff is a stretch, high diff makes more sense to me.
I personally believe it's mid-diff.... but it's no issue

I feel Marco would beat King in same diff as Luffy vs Chinjao

and honestly, I believe Marco's role in this war will be against someone of much higher in caliber than King with all respect... that's why.... I think King will be either a match for Zoro after Zoro inflicts a wound on kaido and shows he can cut kaido... or he will be dealt with Sanji
Post automatically merged:

Post Wano only Fujitora and Shanks stand between him and Mihawk. Old Ray is definitely debatable.

I'm all aboard the Marco hype, but i think we should not lowball King just like that. He hasn't shown us anything yet. It should at least be a high diff.
No... I'm not lowballing King... I simply rank WB commanders MUCH higher than BM commanders and Beast Commanders....

Yes, but that is because I don't view Mihawk as highly as some people do. I believe Zoro will achieve his dream before or concurrently with Luffy's, and since I don't see Raftel being that far away it would happen within the next 5 years predicted by Oda. The only notable opponent I see him facing before Mihawk at this point is Shiryu.

Mihawk > Ryuma > Roger > Rayleigh > Shanks > Oden > Fujitora > Vista > Shiryu > King
Is this in terms of pure sword skill alone or are you actually saying Mihawk is overall stronger than Roger?
Pirate King > Everybody

Since Zoro isn't fighting King, he has 3 more swordsmen to defeat before the end of story: Shiryu, Fujitora, and Mihawk.
Even though he's a swordsmen, Shanks is a power marker for Luffy.

Is this in terms of pure sword skill alone or are you actually saying Mihawk is overall stronger than Roger?
Yes in fact I think I have multiple people over Roger like Dragon , Sakazuki , Teach and probably Kaido as well .... I simply believe that Luffy will conqueror the strongest Era of pirates and the strongest ones

I simply don't like ppl putting old legends in unreachable pedestal and that no matter how strong the current ppl are they will never be as strong as Garp , Roger , Xebec , WB , Rayleigh etc

there's even ppl in this thread that say Ryuma > Mihawk just because it sounds cooler and edgy to say that the old legends are stronger than the current ones which something I don't subscribe to.

After Wano, Zoro will definitely be considered a front runner for strongest swordsman.

Edit: Fandom's gotta stop thinking we have lots of story left. One Piece is reaching its climax. Luffy will be recognized as Shanks' equal soon, so his best man can't still be lagging behind in his dream.

I have the same thought , I think Zoro is up there ... I wish if Zoro gets to duel all the top tier swordsman in his way

beating Vista , Shanks and Mihawk to claim the title would be a satisfying ending imo

Vista is YC3 level at best if he even is on this level.

Stop arguing with ppl when it's baseless, there's no such thing as YC3 and from portrayal stand point Vista is probably the 2nd or 3rd strongest guy back on WB's ship and he was the oldest of WB commanders if in the 3 day battle anyone could match up to Rayleigh and Gaban back then it had to be Vista and Oden

And he's the only guy that Oda said that he's a "top class" swordsman that can compete against Mihawk , don't let his divison number fool you.

Yes in fact I think I have multiple people over Roger like Dragon , Sakazuki , Teach and probably Kaido as well .... I simply believe that Luffy will conqueror the strongest Era of pirates and the strongest ones

I simply don't like ppl putting old legends in unreachable pedestal and that no matter how strong the current ppl are they will never be as strong as Garp , Roger , Xebec , WB , Rayleigh etc

there's even ppl in this thread that say Ryuma > Mihawk just because it sounds cooler and edgy to say that the old legends are stronger than the current ones which something I don't subscribe to.

I have the same thought , I think Zoro is up there ... I wish if Zoro gets to duel all the top tier swordsman in his way

beating Vista , Shanks and Mihawk to claim the title would be a satisfying ending imo

Stop arguing with ppl when it's baseless, there's no such thing as YC3 and from portrayal stand point Vista is probably the 2nd or 3rd strongest guy back on WB's ship and he was the oldest of WB commanders if in the 3 day battle anyone could match up to Rayleigh and Gaban back then it had to be Vista and Oden

And he's the only guy that Oda said that he's a "top class" swordsman that can compete against Mihawk , don't let his divison number fool you.

Roger scales above the current generation via Old Whitebeard.
Roger ~ Prime Whitebeard >>>>> Old Whitebeard ~ Yonko ~ Mihawk
Roger is the strongest swordsman and greatest pirate in history.

Roger = Prime Whitebeard >>>>> Old Whitebeard = Yonko = Mihawk
No, it's just blatantly clear that the current era will be the greatest era, no need to think twice about it, if you read the manga thoroughly, you'll know it
Roger = Primbeard = Yonko = Admirals = Mihawk
Though i must agree Primebard is the pinnacle by a slight margin

No, it's just blatantly clear that the current era will be the greatest era, no need to think twice about it, if you read the manga thoroughly, you'll know it
Roger = Primbeard = Yonko = Admirals = Mihawk
Though i must agree Primebard is the pinnacle by a slight margin
The greatest era will be the New Age being ushered in right now. The Yonko are vestiges of a dead era.
Pirate King Luffy > Roger >>>>> Yonko

We haven't seen many Sword duels with Zoro so it's hard to have a good guess but since the series is closer and closer to the end , the question is simple How strong or how close is Zoro right now to becoming the World strongest Swordsman of all time and how much does he need to train or fight to get up there to challenge the best Dracule Mihawk ?

Here are my current top 10 Swordsman that I thought of , for me right now Zoro would probably be around 10th and once he beat the people above him directly he will get to top 5 and be able to challenge Mihawk in a full 1v1 duel

1- Dracule Mihawk

2- Shimotsuki Ryuma

3- Gol D. Roger

4- Silvers Rayleigh

5- Shanks

6- Kozuki Oden

7- Fujitora

8- Vista
9- Shiryu

10- King

It’s disrespectful to have mihawk over gol d roger.

PK luffy >= Yonko
One Piece is not like Dragon Ball or Naruto, There is no easy fight in One Piece, that's how oda been writing this entire time, imagine luffy middiffing his enemies in the final war, Meh.
I know One Piece isn't DBZ, but there is a power cliff between the top tiers and Roger/WB. The Yonko could not kill a sick, old, dying Whitebeard. The most obvious conclusion is that Whitebeard in his prime far outstripped them.

Luffy's opponents in the final war will be a far more powerful Blackbeard and Im. The era of Kaido and Linlin ends in Wano.

It’s disrespectful to have mihawk over gol d roger.
Roger ~ Prime Whitebeard >>>>> Old Whitebeard ~ Yonko ~ Mihawk

I never intended this as a powerscaling thread , but here's my piece on it :

Yes Prime Newgate and Roger were monstrous pirate that's something i don't doubt but let me start by saying "PK" title doesn't mean strength , Luffy rn is one of the closest ppl to get to LaughTell and be crowned yet no one thinks he's ready to 1v1 a top tier yet ... it was never about strength , it's just that the path to get that is hard

Now you saying "Washed up" WB was causing a troubles is straight up lying when in MF all what he did is damage structures and going up against the 3 admirals , all 3 outmatched him ...

I think you confuse being a Yonko doesn't mean that Kaido/BM/WB are having a duel every few weeks , in fact the story tells us that the Yonko meetings are so rare in the past 20 years so getting a strength judgement from that is just laughable especially when we know for a FACT WB doesn't have a Rio Ponyglyph so why would Kaido/BM/Shanks go after him ? seems pointless.

Back to my point the series is about to End , if you don't think Blackbeard , Dragon , Sakazuki , Mihawk at least these 4 are stronger than the Prime old legends than they will never be ... Cause to put it as simply as possible there's no "EOS" status that's bs fandom came up with to justify some powerscaling , from now til Luffy finds LaughTell , One Piece and the final war it's probably gonna be a couple of months in OP time

Only the MCs are the ones that progress exponentially in that amount of time and if you want to pull out the classic "BB 3rd DF" theory to make him the strongest then sure but I personally believe most characters rn are far superior than older generation ...

Also as someone else mentioned the diff in strength is almost unnoticeable in OP in top tiers it always evolve in matchups , even by the end of the series Luffy , Zoro and Sanji will never have an easy fight

Lastly this is about Mihawk exactly , "Mihawk became famous before the great Pirate era even started" do you know how old Mihawk is right ? 43 years old and you know when the Pirate Era started ? 24 years ago

Meaning Mihawk when he was 19 years old or younger was world rounend and famous something that hasn't been achieved in the story by other than the Main character himself

I think he will be the strongest when all 3 of his swords are going to become black

This is a bit strange to ask but was it ever confirmed that "Black Swords" are made by the user and it's not just a type of metal ? cause the only time i recall it being mentioned was in Dressrosa in the Mihawk and he was referring to infusing blades with Haki and not permantly changing their colors

This is a bit strange to ask but was it ever confirmed that "Black Swords" are made by the user and it's not just a type of metal ? cause the only time i recall it being mentioned was in Dressrosa in the Mihawk and he was referring to infusing blades with Haki and not permantly changing their colors
For what I've understood all swords can become black swords thanks to the user's haki. This blade blackens each time a user imbue his haki in it every time he does that the sword get's tainted by the haki and the blade becomes black and it's grade goes up.

So in the end the haki it's self remains in the blade and makes it much more stronger and powerful, so if the user's haki is strong enough with time he can make a black sword

Out all of his blades emna has the highest porobility to become one as first out of the 3, since it's the one that forces haki out of the user. Also I forgot the balde doesn't get tainted from the user haki it get's tainted with the enemys aswell

Last edited: