Current Events How do you view Luffy vs Kizaru as a fight?

How do you feel about the Luffy vs Kizaru fight

• Great fight (there's no way you actually think this)

• Decent fight

• Meh, underwhelming

• Dogshit fight

Results are only viewable after voting.
how anyone can call this a fight . troubling honestly
did you see the intensity at which luffy went at doffy, kaido etc
kizaru has been made secondary not only as a fighter but as a character

HES BEEN OUTSHONE IN THE ARC THAT A LOT OF US THOUGHT WOULD BE HIS HIGHLIGHT
its like watching kaido order jack around after getting his ass handed to him.SOMEONE KILL KIZARU PLS.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
kizaru keeping up?
by luffy absorbing just about every attack at him and sending it elsewhere casually?

or luffy pulling back his punches until he knew he needed to smack kizaru down like he did in the last attack.
calling this a stalemate is disingenuous, katakuri fought luffy to a stalemate , kizaru is lucky enough gear 5 has luffy at its limit atm. he did nothing of note.

say he gets up now , he will have the edge because luffy's awakening puts him in that position not because he rivals him in strength.
Post automatically merged:

a lot of you are blurring the lines between luffy getting exhausted due to a drawback of his new awakening and giving kizaru credit
and I have to say its embarrassing. he troll diffed lucci and was in a similar state . please .....dont do that
Wait what?

Luffy didn't deactivate G5, he hit his limit. Which meant this was the best he could do against Kizaru before hitting his limit. At least for now. It means whatever Kizaru did was enough for Luffy to gas out before he could land more than one big shot.

I don't get what you're saying here. It made no sense. Luffy didn't choose this.

Luffy hasn't used any advanced Haki till the very end. Now people can delude themselves into thinking that for some reason, Luffy couldn't or didn't because he deemed it ineffective in the first place, or be honest and say that Luffy didn't do so for plot reasons. We know Luffy using Haki takes less of a toll on his body than G5, he used it against Kaido for hours, including in G5, after dying and being resurrected.

Wait what?

Luffy didn't deactivate G5, he hit his limit. Which meant this was the best he could do against Kizaru before hitting his limit. At least for now. It means whatever Kizaru did was enough for Luffy to gas out before he could land more than one big shot.

I don't get what you're saying here. It made no sense. Luffy didn't choose this.
the best he could do before hitting his limit you say? disingenuous again....

I saw the attack he charged at kaido mate
at a point in this battle , he grabbed kizaru and simply chose to toss him aside.
its obvious luffy chose to be more conservative here and when he was at the limit for gear 5 finally chose to smack kizaru with something worth sitting him down. Notice he all of a sudden had no issues smacking kizaru when he needed to do something. evidently also the only attack that had coc .

how anyone can call this a fight . troubling honestly
did you see the intensity at which luffy went at doffy, kaido etc
kizaru has been made secondary not only as a fighter but as a character

HES BEEN OUTSHONE IN THE ARC THAT A LOT OF US THOUGHT WOULD BE HIS HIGHLIGHT
its like watching kaido order jack around after getting his ass handed to him.SOMEONE KILL KIZARU PLS.
In all fairness, we have seen very evidently that Kizaru is not really trying to focus on Luffy. He keeps running to achieve his mission. He also seems to nonchalantly shrug the things Luffy does UNTIL he gets hit with that last move.

I think its only fair that we wait and see what happens when he gets up. Its still very possible he and Luffy truly fight where Oda has both fully focused on each other and not over objectives clearly hampering their fight anyway.

ZenZu

the best he could do before hitting his limit you say? disingenuous again....

I saw the attack he charged at kaido mate
at a point in this battle , he grabbed kizaru and simply chose to toss him aside.
its obvious luffy chose to be more conservative here and when he was at the limit for gear 5 finally chose to smack kizaru with something worth sitting him down. Notice he all of a sudden had no issues smacking kizaru when he needed to do something. evidently also the only attack that had coc .
What? Guy...that attack would never hit Kizaru in a billion years.

Disingenuous? What are you talking about?

Luffy didn't choose this lmao...what a weird take.

And this is just from an in universe perspective, an out of universe explanation is simply Oda not going all out for round 1. He wanted to end it in a stalemate.

Take a deep breathe man...jesus there's a lot of fighting left. Mans are extra reactionary.

Luffy hasn't used any advanced Haki till the very end. Now people can delude themselves into thinking that for some reason, Luffy couldn't or didn't because he deemed it ineffective in the first place, or be honest and say that Luffy didn't do so for plot reasons. We know Luffy using Haki takes less of a toll on his body than G5, he used it against Kaido for hours, including in G5, after dying and being resurrected.
Couldn't agree more. Had Luffy not opted to throw Kizaru when he had him in his grasp and gone for a more direct attack off the cuff, I think it's reasonable to believe this would have been a much shorter fight than it already ended up being.

What? Guy...that attack would never hit Kizaru in a billion years.

Disingenuous? What are you talking about?

Luffy didn't choose this lmao...what a weird take.

And this is just from an in universe perspective, an out of universe explanation is simply Oda not going all out for round 1. He wanted to end it in a stalemate.
oh so luffy didnt choose to just toss kizaru aside when he had him at his grasp
didnt choose to not use conquerors on his punches till his last attack?

I dont need luffy to hit kizaru with a balrung gun , but it shows hes capable of hitting kizaru with much more than he did in that last attack. you are missing the point here. luffy can gets hits on kizaru when he needs to .
it ended in this comical "stalemate" because luffy's true enemy here is not kizaru ; secondary character whose will doesnt even need to be beaten . thats the honest truth.

In all fairness, we have seen very evidently that Kizaru is not really trying to focus on Luffy. He keeps running to achieve his mission. He also seems to nonchalantly shrug the things Luffy does UNTIL he gets hit with that last move.

I think its only fair that we wait and see what happens when he gets up. Its still very possible he and Luffy truly fight where Oda has both fully focused on each other and not over objectives clearly hampering their fight anyway.
Been saying since the last chapter that if any, this hit will finally make Kizaru fully focus Luffy

Wait what?

Calling this encounter a fight, is same as calling Sabo's encounter with the gorosei a fight. Sure Sabo would neg diff them since their auras had no effect on him, but it wasn't a fight.

ZenZu

oh so luffy didnt choose to just toss kizaru aside when he had him at his grasp
didnt choose to not use conquerors on his punches till his last attack?

I dont need luffy to hit kizaru with a balrung gun , but it shows hes capable of hitting kizaru with much more than he did in that last attack. you are missing the point here. luffy can gets hits on kizaru when he needs to .
it ended in this comical "stalemate" because luffy's true enemy here is not kizaru ; secondary character whose will doesnt even need to be beaten . thats the honest truth.
Dude Kizaru wasn't even focusing on Luffy....Luffy had Kizaru grabbed, and?
He learned his lesson right there to never do that again. He thought he could toss him away into the ocean.

As for the latter, we'll see.

Dude Kizaru wasn't even focusing on Luffy....Luffy had Kizaru grabbed, and?
He learned his lesson right there to never do that again. He thought he could toss him away into the ocean.

As for the latter, we'll see.
correct because its not really a fight
but when the situation became dire and luffy needed to do something to take him out
one attack is all it needed . That in my opinion should tell us all something .

With my eyes, I guess :laughmoji:
:milaugh:

ZenZu

correct because its not really a fight
but when the situation became dire and luffy needed to do something to take him out
one attack is all it needed . That in my opinion should tell us all something .

:milaugh:
Remember when Kaidou looked like he saw the ghost of Roger after a cocless Red Roc?

Then a thousand attacks later he looked like he took an Over Kong Gun easier.

Don't fall for early arc shenanigans.

Dog shit so far. Although i was surprised by the Cloning ability in a pleasant way.

Troll Yonko vs Troll Admiral which made everyone lose interest.
Tbh having a goofy Yonko going at it with the character with the most trollish personality had the potential to make for a fun and unique fight. Kizaru's reaction to getting thrown into the sea got a chuckle out of me so that's something at least...

Overall though yeah this wasn't the long awaited Yonko vs Admiral 1v1 showdown that people were expecting. Never had the vibe of a main confrontation with how much of it was off panel or ugly generic clashing (like what is even going on here??). With Saturn in the spotlight and how much this flashback is building up Luffy stepping in to confront him as Nika, I doubt this fight will even continue. We will see tho...

Last edited:
Huge letdown.
Personally expected it to be short getting interupeted by Saturn, but thought we would get proper fighting sequences with G5.
Luffy's kick, Snakeman vs Kizaru and the light clones moments were great. Then we pretty much get off-panelled shit with both sides already looking tired and Kizaru never got serious while Luffy gave his all yet got a heavy hit just because Kizaru half-assed focusing on VP and used a basic laser beam.

Even this short interaction between Kizaru and Saturn in the new chapter makes me feel like Kizaru was just looking for an excuse slow down on the mission instead of actual damage.

It was a freaking mess with neither side really getting any justice in my opinion :lusalty: