Questions & Mysteries How Many Of You Actually Like Mihawk?

Tbh man really just needs more relevance in the story. Man could be the strongest think to ever exist by far but if he isn't doin anything who cares

Like everyone else is making significant moves in the world right now
  1. The marines
  2. Cipher pol
  3. Gorosei
  4. Yonko
  5. Revolutionaries
  6. Supernova
  7. Even the other shichibukai
Hopefully the marines attacking him is what gives him insensitive to go to the new world and make some moves

Someone who accepts an already nonsensical title without even being the strongest (he didn't defeat Shanks or Big Mom) is not worth of any respect.
On top of that he is just the classic badass and serious strong guy.

A really trashy character to like if you ask me :kayneshrug:

Someone who accepts an already nonsensical title without even being the strongest (he didn't defeat Shanks or Big Mom) is not worth of any respect.
On top of that he is just the classic badass and serious strong guy.

A really trashy character to like if you ask me :kayneshrug:
But Oda respects him enough to give him the title instead of giving it to Shanks or Big Mom, weird how that works.
:zosleepy:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
This a question im posing mainly to the Zoro/Mihawk fandom. How many of you guys actually like Mihawk the character. Before you answer, consider these questions.

1. What do you actually like about Mihawk thats not tied to perceived power levels
2. Would you like Mihawk if he wasn't tied to Zoro in any way?
3. If Zoro's goals were to shift to someone else or if he simply resolved on not accomplishing his goal, would you still like Mihawk
4. If Mihawk is revealed to be weaker than you perceive him to be, would you still like him? For example if Oda somehow retcons Mihawk and sticks him at FM/YC1 level, would you remain a fan of his?
5. If Mihawk was to be humiliated or not done justice by Oda, (Whatever you consider humiliation) would you still like him.
He is my 4th favorite character, after Zoro, Crocodile and Smoker. I usually dont like top tiers in OP but Mihawk is an exception.

1. I like that Zoro's end goal - Mihawk was known from the very start instead of showing up at the end.
His vampire theme is awesome, I always liked vampires. The sword and cross theme about him are awesome, one reason why I am known as Kitetsu Wanker in Zoro discord FC. The lone wolf and the mysterious side are always a plus than knowing everything so early.
2. Yes, plenty of reasons mentioned above.
3. Yes. Aint happening tho.
4. Yes. Aint happening either.
5. Yes, aint happening as well.

But Oda respects him enough to give him the title instead of giving it to Shanks or Big Mom, weird how that works.
:zosleepy:
He is just making fun of Zoro's dream and Mihawk as a character.
Being strong just to be strong or to be reckoned as strong is a waste of time, in fact the other swordsmen are far more important than him in the grand scheme of things and are actually shaping the world :pepemwai:

I don't like Mihawk chara-design, or personality. It is between "I don't care" and, "he is ugly / not interesting".

But I don't like lot of chara-design in One Pieces.
I don't like Dofflamingo, I don't like Rayleigh, I don't like Enel, I don't like Kizaru, I don't like Sengoku, for the moment I don't like Akainu, I don't like Wyper, Bartolomeo is funny but I don't like his chara-design.

I don't like Vista chara-design. I don't like Whitebeard chara-design. I don't like most of Blackbeard crew chara-design. I don't like Lindbergh chara-design. I don't like Pell chara-design. I don't like Rob Lucci and Kaku chara-design when they are humanoid but I like their Zoan form.

At first I didn't like Sanji chara-design, neither Nami or Robin.

I don't like at all the big duke chara-design, the one with Vivi.

I don't like Kuro chara-design, I hate Foxy. And I hate Celestial Dragon.
And I don't like Momonosuke at all.

This is it for now. 🐉
Post automatically merged:

Better tell which one you actually like LMAO :ihaha:

I like the following chara-design in One Piece :

I like Jimbei, I like Pudding, I like Ivankov, I like Inazuma, I like Bon-chan personality-wise, I like G4 Luffy, I like Dragon, I like Kaidou, I kind of like Katakuri when he is "brutal mode" and we see his mouth, I like Kaidou, I would like Cyborg Oden, I like Izo, I like Corazon, I like Fujitora, I kind of like smoothie, I like Charlotte Moscato, I like Ben Beckmann, I kind of like Aokiji, I like Law, I kind of like Sabo, I like Queen, I kind of like King, I like Marco more and more ( didn't liked him at Marineford, his glasses suit him very well ), I like Charlotte Praline, I like Belo Betty, I like Douglas Bullet, I like Koala, I kind of like Kuma, and I think I will like Rock D. Xebec, before we learn that he is a total failure, I like Avalon Pizarro design, I liked Diamante design before we learned he was a bad guy, and I like O-tama, I think she will join the crew.

Last edited:
I don't like Mihawk chara-design, or personality. It is between "I don't care" and, "he is ugly / not interesting".

But I don't like lot of chara-design in One Pieces.
I don't like Dofflamingo, I don't like Rayleigh, I don't like Enel, I don't like Kizaru, I don't like Sengoku, for the moment I don't like Akainu, I don't like Wyper, Bartolomeo is funny but I don't like his chara-design.

I don't like Vista chara-design. I don't like Whitebeard chara-design. I don't like most of Blackbeard crew chara-design. I don't like Lindbergh chara-design. I don't like Pell chara-design. I don't like Rob Lucci and Kaku chara-design when they are humanoid but I like their Zoan form.

At first I didn't like Sanji chara-design, neither Nami or Robin.

I don't like at all the big duke chara-design, the one with Vivi.

I don't like Kuro chara-design, I hate Foxy. And I hate Celestial Dragon.
And I don't like Momonosuke at all.

This is it for now. 🐉

I like the following chara-design in One Piece :

I like Jimbei, I like Pudding, I like Ivankov, I like Inazuma, I like Bon-chan personality-wise, I like G4 Luffy, I like Dragon, I like Kaidou, I kind of like Katakuri when he is "brutal mode" and we see his mouth, I like Kaidou, I would like Cyborg Oden, I like Izo, I like Corazon, I like Fujitora, I kind of like smoothie, I like Charlotte Moscato, I like Ben Beckmann, I kind of like Aokiji, I like Law, I kind of like Sabo, I like Queen, I kind of like King, I like Marco more and more ( didn't liked him at Marineford, his glasses suit him very well ), I like Charlotte Praline, I like Belo Betty, I like Douglas Bullet, I like Koala, I kind of like Kuma, and I think I will like Rock D. Xebec, before we learn that he is a total failure, I like Avalon Pizarro design, I liked Diamante design before we learned he was a bad guy, and I like O-tama, I think she will join the crew.
I forgot Who's who and Brook and General Franky into my favorites design.

You don't care. I care.

🤸

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’m probably not one of the people you’re really talking to, but as a casual Zoro/Mihawk fan, felt compelled to respond.

1. His aesthetic, his friendliness with Shanks, his willingness to train the very man who will one day oppose him for the title, his general air of confidence and haughtiness.
2. I’d probably wonder what his purpose in the story is, but yeah, I’d still think he was cool.
3. This is basically the same question as the previous one, so my answer is the same.
4. Again, this is a bigger concern for the powerscalers, which I decidedly am not...it might take a bit of wind out of Zoro’s sails, but I wouldn’t personally care.
5. I’ll answer this last one with a question of my own - If a world class chef serves you a plate of rotten food, you gonna get mad at the meal itself or the person who made it?

Emil

Certified Memelord
Kaido is barely a character. Whenever he writes Kadio scenes, Oda shakes a magic 8-ball of villain tropes and result is this trash called Kaido.
ur sig is fken awesome bruv

OT:

Mihawk is sick asfk and anyone hating him is just deluded into jealousy and fallacies.

He has barely that much showing on the manga itself, yet has huge fanbase and hate base.

People just don't like their favorite characters get outright overshadowed by characters that barely appear on the manga.

When everyone knows dem well, Mihawk is linked to EoS Zoro. He is nothing but ATLEAST as strong as prime Ray if not stronger.

Just overall great design and character. Him sitting there chilling and reading the news while still having this great hype is amazing to see. I would just love for Oda to flesh him out a bit more and show us what's his current goal/motive is or how did he get to the point that he is in right now.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Mihawk isn't among my absolute favorite characters in the series, but he is a character who's place and role in the story I respect, similar to Roger or Garp. I'm interested in learning more about him as he is still a mystery to an extent.

1. What do you actually like about Mihawk thats not tied to perceived power levels
I like that Mihawk is a look at what it means to accomplish a goal, but having nothing more than it. He's a cautionary tale on how success can lead to loneliness and apathy. I also like how mysterious and neutral he is. It makes him hard to read, and sort of adds to his menacing aura. I also like how he contrasts Zoro from a design and conceptual level. The western swordsman vs. the eastern swordsman, a man of regality who made it to the top vs the roughneck working his way up. It's one of the best rivalries on just a thematic level. The rivalry itself has helped Mihawk reflect on his principles in a way, not being so single minded in his pursuits and finding something worth cherishing beyond them.

2. Would you like Mihawk if he wasn't tied to Zoro in any way?
Yes. He wouldn't have the rivalry that I feel helps build his character forward, but he'd still be solid character from design and persona.

3. If Zoro's goals were to shift to someone else or if he simply resolved on not accomplishing his goal, would you still like Mihawk
Only if there's a good reason behind it. You don't introduce a character motivation, then to toss it aside without proper justification.

4. If Mihawk is revealed to be weaker than you perceive him to be, would you still like him? For example if Oda somehow retcons Mihawk and sticks him at FM/YC1 level, would you remain a fan of his?
I'm not really a Mihawk fan, but I'd find his character contradictory if that were the case. Why introduce Mihawk as someone so bored and without a challenge if he's weaker than so many other characters? His character has to be reworked. Like, Mihawk wants to challenge these stronger characters, but their oppressive defenses make it impossible for him to get to them, but even that wouldn't make sense because he has Shanks practically on speed dial.

5. If Mihawk was to be humiliated or not done justice by Oda, (Whatever you consider humiliation) would you still like him.
Similarly to 3, it all comes down to execution. Does Mihawk being humiliated serve a valid purpose for the story? If so, I wouldn't really care. If it doesn't, I'd probably not care all too much.

Last edited: