Versus Battle Hunter x Hunter vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
After almost being fully caught up to HxH I have to say it's much better and I am enjoying it much more than One Piece. Especially arcs like Yorknew and Chimera Ants. Absolutely top tier. The only advantage I'd give to OP is the art, but HxH blows it outta the water in all other areas imo.

After almost being fully caught up to HxH I have to say it's much better and I am enjoying it much more than One Piece. Especially arcs like Yorknew and Chimera Ants. Absolutely top tier. The only advantage I'd give to OP is the art, but HxH blows it outta the water in all other areas imo.
HxH's best panels are still better than OP's best panels tho. But Togashi puts his text before his art.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
HxH's best panels are still better than OP's best panels tho. But Togashi puts his text before his art.
I'd say it's debatable for that, but on average imo OP's art>. I've seen like uncompleted sketches a few times in HxH.

It's next on my list. Pandora Hearts, AoT and HxH. Then FMAB.
Watch the anime. It's one of the rare times the anime turns out better. An even more rare occurrence for the show is that the dub is better than the sub. Especially the narrators voice
Post automatically merged:

Those are magzine releases that people use outta context. Togashi always fixes them in the Volume.

But yh I agree on average that OP has better art.
Nah there's some atrocious ass half drawn panels

HxH is definitely the better manga. Itโ€™s much more thought out and creates such a clear idea of how everything works. And chimera ant arc (mostly mereum) is one of the greatest written arcs with such a beautifully written parallelism. Togashi just needs more time for drawing

However, Iโ€™ll be honest the goofiness of OP is definitely something I can read more than the seriousness of HxH.

I almost dropped the Anime with the Island Arc.Only reason i didnt drop it was because i know that the next arc will be CA Arc and a LOT of people told me its one of the best shounen Arcs.As well Meruem being a top-notch villain.

Ngl,the start of the Arc was slow and boring but after Meruem was born,holy shit.over the top shit.And the ending was perfect.11/10 Arc

Tbh,Oda will never be able to write someone like Meruem

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Having fully caught up to HxH I still maintain what I said here

I was a bit worn down by the amount of text in some of the newer chapters though.

The PT flashback tho
:steef:

Those are magzine releases that people use outta context. Togashi always fixes them in the Volume.
I've read the volume versions and there were a few of them in there as well.

Having fully caught up to HxH I still maintain what I said here

I was a bit worn down by the amount of text in some of the newer chapters though.

The PT flashback tho
:steef:

I've read the volume versions and there were a few of them in there as well.
Fair. I do agree Togashi isnt consistent. But I do still believe HxH has better art when it wants to deliver.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I was binging HXH weeks ago. I was in Chimera Ant Arc. But then,i realized something: Unlike HXH,the mangas that you recommended me are actively ongoing. Thus,by taking a long time reading HXH,i was missing all the fun in socializing by discussing about their new chapters that came out. The purpose of our forum is to socialize by chatting about the things we enjoy,so i needed to reevaluate the way how i was reading the mangas. So,i made the decision to order my list of mangas to read according to how excited i am to read each one and whether they are ongoing or not. I took a break from HXH and went to binge Dandadan. This idea was very effective,as i finished binging Dandadan and Sakamoto Days and joined their discussions.