I am the only one who don't like this Manga ?

Do you like Kingdom ?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I don't care what anyone says about Shin being revived, that was bullshit, fairy tail/dbz tier writing. How about not kill the character at all?
I don’t even think you know what you’re criticizing lol.
If Hara wouldn’t have had Shin on death’s door against Houken, people would’ve complained that Shin just has unlimited stamina like Luffy does and is never in any actual danger lol.

By almost killing his main protagonist and having an entirely separate character seriously damage herself to bring him back, Hara shows us that Shin is just as vulnerable as any other character in the manga and is not some Jesus with infinite stamina.

Unlike Luffy who takes unlimited damage every single arc but never goes down just because Oda has given him a magical amount of energy lol. Shin is human and can die like anyone else, but Luffy’s conflicts never have any meaning because he’s never in any real danger.

Kingdom may have had some sprinkle of supernatural but no one ECER thought we would be getting into the realm in Kingdom to revive characters or touch the revival concept, I don't care what anyone says about Shin being revived, that was bullshit, fairy tail/dbz tier writing. How about not kill the character at all?
Well now the discussion seems to have changed from the presence of the supernatural in Kingdom in general to your problem with one specific supernatural moment in particular. Lol.

Anyway;

I) Directly interacting with and flat out talking to spirits is not a sprinkle of supernatural, that is flat out, full on supernatural. There is no two ways about it.

II) I never read Fairy Tail but I have read/watched DBZ and I do not see what comparison you are trying to make there. The revival element of DBZ was clear cut, explained and involved the central plot point of the series (i.e. the Dragon Balls).

Likewise, the stuff involved in the Red Stairway plot point was set up way in advance. Ki was explicitly talked about in Chapter 85, Kyoukai entire fighting style revolves around this ki and the exact technique used was alluded to earlier in the arc, dozens of chapters in advance.

III) "How about not kill the character at all?"

Well that depends on how the Red Stairway plotline ends because it still has not done so yet. This plotline will end when the consequences to Kyoukai are finalised. If what I expect comes to fruition then this plotline was more about Kyoukai than it was about Shin.

Some of my speculation on these consequences.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ap-between-heaven-and-earth.2915/#post-230955

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ap-between-heaven-and-earth.2915/#post-231722

Even if this does not happen, the Red Stairway plotline is just an extension of Kingdom's already long established spiritual elements.

Yes are you kidding me? Amazing story, amazing characters, amazing art, amazing action, amazing world building, has over 600-700 chapters left, no hiatuses, good god the list goes on. The MC is like Naruto except his character isn't trashed by being the Jesus of the world, Shin (the MC) works every last inch to his title. The supporting cast are as well just beautiful. Seriously, read the series.

Why do some people even compare Kingdom to One Piece, shouldn't Kingdom be more compared to series like Berserk and Vagabond?
IMO, anyone who likes One Piece should like Kingdom in essence on a borderline level. Kingdom & Berserk aren't like each other really and Vagabond is about a lone samurai which story & world are much more contained than Kingdom. Really The only reason to compare Kingdom to those two are that they're Seinen, Dark, & fight using swords instead of nukes.
Post automatically merged:

Kingdom was good but the moment Hara went supernatural on a series he is not supposed to it went downhill,
talking specifically about reviving Shin,
that was pure shit. Can't enjoy Kingdom the same way after that.
We've had supernatural shit ever since Sei's flashback, Shin vs Mangoku, Kyoukai in general, etc. tho? Plus the Zhao Conflict & Tai-State War were awesome, great short mini-reads.

B

Ballel

But if you want to stay ignorant and stubborn for no reason go ahead, read one chapter and make your judgement of it is stupid but go ahead
This artist can't draw faces imo.

I didn't 'judge' Kingdom after one chapter, I just realized that it's not for me.
Why you tryna force people to like something?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I'm pretty fresh when it comes to reading Kingdom but I must say that I don't understand how low your standards must be if you don't like Kingdom.

The first arc is literally one of the best introduction arcs in the manga industry. Everyone always expects slow-paced shit to build up the tension and etc.

Here in the first arc you have: Pace that is an amazing, interesting story, tension and it makes you want to read more.

Shin goes thru more character development in 47 chapters than Luffy ever did in 1004 chapters.

When it comes to stuff like the art style and etc. I heard it's getting better later on but right now? After the first 47 chapters?

This is a decent art style. If you think this is a bad art style you clearly never read bad art manga like Kimetsu no Yaiba, Promised Neverland, and webcomic of One Punch Man.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Anyone knows what's the point/motivation for the wars in the story?
You are asking people to spoil you on the entirety of the series with this question. This is one of the best aspects of the Kingdom.

To find people's motives and shit. Give it a try. Read the first arc and think if you want to continue or not.

The first arc happens from chapter 1 to chapter 47.