Character Discussion I genuinely don't understand why do people hate Akainu so much

1- Oda said that Akainu can be the Pirate King in a single year. It's well known that to be the Pirate King, you HAVE to beat all the Yonko and get all the road poneglyphs. Basically, if Akainu gave half a shit and played silly pirate games like most of the characters for a year, he can be the Pirate King

2- Blackbeard and his crew ran away like bitches at the sight of Akainu

3- In the Akainu's databook, Oda said that his fruit has highest offensive power in the series

4- Even though Whitebeard was sick and dying, Oda made it clear that Akainu was perfectly fine after taking a surprise point blank Island shattering hits from an enraged WB with all the power he had left cause he knew he was dying. Akainu also managed to blow off half his head effortlessly. And after WB died, Akainu came up like it was nothing and fought all the commanders at the same time and they couldn't do shit

5- When Jinbei is talking with the Strawhats at Fishman Island he says: "with Sakazuki as the new Fleet Admiral the Navy has become a stronger force of justice than ever before". Where he's basically saying that with Sakazuki as the leader of the Navy, they have reached their prime, even above the previous one that had guys like prime Garp and Sengoku at their front line
There is no need for you to reply to that clown who is a yanker who secretly wank aokiji....

He's just another braindead who hates Akainu shitting on his favorite characters

Akainu is like the standart cop who cant think anything for himself, just follow orders like a dog.

Of course there are other bad guys in OP, but att least Kaido, BM, BB and other pirates have their own ways, and dont claim to be on the "good guys" while being total evil, like the Marines do.

Beta bootlickers like Akainu never will be Chad revolutionaries like Dragon😎😎😎

Not related but Do you like Garp or hate him or don't care about him
Don't care. But his scenes are usually fun to watch
Post automatically merged:

That has nothing to do with the massacre of babies just because you suspect the mother has slept with a pirate but if you think that's somehow ok then I guess we are on 2 complete opposite and irreconcilable opinions
Nah, it's not okay. But you have to realize that the entirety of Marines, and most of the world aside from Garp wanted Ace dead due to his bloodline, not just Akainu

There is no need for you to reply to that clown who is a yanker who secretly wank aokiji....

He's just another braindead who hates Akainu shitting on his favorite characters
Yeah yeah anyone who doesn't think Akainu is the strongest character is a clown , braindead and a hater :salt::salt::salt:
It's because of extreme fans like you half of people here downplay Akainu even though they don't give a damn about him

D: Odacchi!! In the sbs from volume 82 you told us how to escape from Akainu, bears, ghosts and the like. But when I try to do this before my angered mother I'm just beaten up... Is my mother stronger than Akainu? P.N. Star Fairy
O: You better watch out! you're being too brash! A mother is the strongest living being in the world, even stronger than Kaido!! Don't you dare do it again! But, you know, your mother loves you more than anyone else.
:josad::josad::josad:
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Of course there are other bad guys in OP, but att least Kaido, BM, BB and other pirates have their own ways, and dont claim to be on the "good guys" while being total evil, like the Marines do.
I think this is one of the biggest difference between Yonkos and Marines. Especially if you think about Marines who would also protect Celestial Dragons that enslave people.

Akainu is like the standart cop who cant think anything for himself, just follow orders like a dog.

Beta bootlickers like Akainu never will be Chad revolutionaries like Dragon😎😎😎
There's no evidence to any of this shit. He could be using the government to accomplish his goals, he could be a spy, he could be planning a coup d'etat, etc

How can you make such a big assumption about a character when you don't even know his backstory or core motivations?

It seems like most people hate Akainu because he's the "bad guy", even after we've been told time and time again that good and evil aren't objective concepts in the OP world, and that no one is really right or wrong

I can't help but feel like most people hate Akainu because he's "not cool", intimidating and cold-hearted, even if his actions aren't really that bad. When you look at it, pirates are mostly scum, and generally much worse than Akainu. Akainu might does some despicable things. But in comparison to most pirates who kill, rape and steal for absolutely no reason, he's a saint. He only really kills when he feels like it's the right thing to do - even if it isn't. While most pirates literally kill on a whim when they're bored or in a bad mood even when it serves no purpose. Most pirates just don't have ANY respect for life
1. Killing the civilians on the lifeboats of Ohara was how he was introduced
2. He hides behind this idea of “absolute justice” and doesn’t even admit he kills because he enjoys it. So even though Luccis also a heartless murderer, he owns up to it.
3. He’s being backed by the celestial dragons which means they share ideals.

I am not sure why you create thread like this when most people don't hate him and those who do , do because of him killing ace

He is neutral in most people tier list and every character is hated by someone obvi ; A thread for BM makes sense because of hate she receives

Nah, it's not okay. But you have to realize that the entirety of Marines, and most of the world aside from Garp wanted Ace dead due to his bloodline, not just Akainu
And that's really stupid. Once he was a pirate fine but killing babies isn't, that's what I'm trying to say but it seems somehow you think killing babies is OK if you suspect their father might have been a pirate, because the worst part is that they didn't even know if it was from Roger, they just killed them and their mothers lol. That's evil as fuck

If any marine deserves ''hate'' it should be Garp, followed by Sengoku...
Garp because he contradicted himself and his values numerous times :
- Says he wants to make Ace and Luffy model Marines but leaves their education to mountain bandits
- Says he doesn t want to become admiral to not ''serve'' the CDs but stays as a vice admiral who has to follow his superiors orders who themselves follow CDs...
- Says he will do his job and protect his values as a marine under any circumstance but let's his grand son do whatever he wants and laughs about it.

A horrible character...

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
OT: people hate Akainu because he is designed to be the polar opposite of generic Shonen fanservice “characters” like Ace and Yamato lol. OP is a story where the most popular characters are usually fanservice garbage and Akainu flips that trope on its head. Since the OP fandom has terrible taste in characters and manga in general, they naturally hate Akainu lol.
^This
Akainu sticks out like a sore thumb in One Piece. He's nothing like the rest of the cast.

And that's really stupid. Once he was a pirate fine but killing babies isn't, that's what I'm trying to say but it seems somehow you think killing babies is OK if you suspect their father might have been a pirate, because the worst part is that they didn't even know if it was from Roger, they just killed them and their mothers lol. That's evil as fuck
It's indeed evil as fuck, i was mostly trolling

Akainu killed a fan favorite (Ace), pretty much killed another fan favorite (WB), he was the man who gave the order for the shooting and subsequential massacre on the ship at Ohara, he embodies the concept of absolute justice. He was going to be disliked lol.

Ironically, him being all those things and more make him stand out from other OP guys and make me like the character even more. The difference between this motherfucker and other villains of the manga is like night and day.

Heck, him and BB (two villains) are in my top 3 of favorite One Piece characters.

It seems like most people hate Akainu because he's the "bad guy", even after we've been told time and time again that good and evil aren't objective concepts in the OP world, and that no one is really right or wrong

I can't help but feel like most people hate Akainu because he's "not cool", intimidating and cold-hearted, even if his actions aren't really that bad. When you look at it, pirates are mostly scum, and generally much worse than Akainu. Akainu might does some despicable things. But in comparison to most pirates who kill, rape and steal for absolutely no reason, he's a saint. He only really kills when he feels like it's the right thing to do - even if it isn't. While most pirates literally kill on a whim when they're bored or in a bad mood even when it serves no purpose. Most pirates just don't have ANY respect for life
I guess SS Soldiers are not evil because they thought killing the Jews was the right thing to do. He committed fucking genocide that’s much worse than most pirates and arc antagonist hell that’s much worse than many real world dictator

I don't see why the headcanon of Akainu being afraid of the Gorosei when he simply cares about his justice being perpetuated and didn't seem to be afraid of them.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Pretending to protect innocent citizens by killing pirates then proceeding to kill a boat full of innocent citizens in case there is one person who can read poneglyphs.
Being absolutely ok with killing babies just because their mothers potentially slept with a pirate.
I don’t think Akainu has pretended to care about the well-being of citizens around the world even once, so this is not really a hypocrisy. Akainu’s entire motive is to destroy evil, not to protect good.

If we’re talking hypocrites, then Garp or Sengoku are the true hypocrites as each of them has claimed to care about innocent lives before but knowingly stood by and even cooperated when the WG was killing babies. Hell Garp essentially made all the babies the WG killed in vein be for nothing, as he saved Ace when killing Ace was the entire point of the WG killing children. I don’t think Akainu has even once pretended to care about innocent civilians or innocent babies.

That is what makes Akainu a great villain, as he is literally not a hypocrite and believes whole-heartedly in his actions.

Saying this guy is a good guy is a joke.
Who says that? The citizens of the world who eat up whatever propaganda the WG feeds them? Sakazuki is known for his black-heartedness, I’m pretty sure the only people who actually like him are his direct subordinates in the Navy, and even most of them think he is nuts lol.