Rate Yamato

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐

Results are only viewable after voting.
B

Ballel

So many times I have hoped for a female character to become strong. First hoping Nami will eventually grow stronger, then hoping Robin will grow (and stay relevant). Now a competent female character appears and I really, really do hope that she joins and develops unique dynamics with the crew. And the Oden obsession is something she can grow out from. Her character just needs some progression.

I am indifferent to Yamato as of now. I am hoping that Yamato and Kaido will have a confrontation that will reveal more of Kaido's backstory with Rox or Rocks (which spelling is correct?) Then a backstory with Kaido as a dad to a young Yamato. Once those are revealed I will have more of an opinion.

Also it is time for a dumb question. Do Kaido and Yamato have real horns growing out of their heads? Or do they wear fake horns? I guess they are real because why would Yamato wear horns since she doesn't like to be associated with her father?

If she is destinated to join, you dont need to worry about the cringy Oden thing.

All mugiwaras has some progression of his ideals and manners (Oda intentionally highlights those things in a negative way, so that the reader is aware of that) after they joins:

Zoro: Stop to being a lone wolf, to the point of self-sacrifices (including his dream) for his crew.

Nami: Stop to hate the pirates / stop judging a collective.

Usopp: Start to be less coward, to the point of obligates himself to figth for his crew.

Sanji: Start to realize that dreams arent impossible to fullfish.

Chopper: Stop thinking that all people judging him like a monster.

Etc.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
how little foreshadowing there was for her existence.
I don't understand this complaint:
  • How many new arc characters are foreshadowed before the arc in which they appear?
  • What foreshadowing were you hoping to see for Yamato?

She was mentioned in the same chapter the Tobi Roppo was introduced. Her existence isn't random. Even in the Card theme of Kaido's crew, she would be the Ace.

It's not like Yamato was invented after Onigashima. In 2019, Oda mentioned reading manga who's MC was a woman that had been raised as a son by her father to succeed him as the captain of the guards at the Palace of versailles. So Yamato existed at least that far back.

If she's indeed a Mythical White Tiger, then she existed at least as far back as Oden's conception of Kaido as a Dragon.

There's so much story potential for their backstory, thus I would say they fascinate me more.
Yeah, I was initially just cautiously optimistic for her. I did let that grow into full-blown enthusiasm, and perhaps I might get badly burned if Oda doesn't handle her well going forward.

Do Kaido and Yamato have real horns growing out of their heads? Or do they wear fake horns? I guess they are real because why would Yamato wear horns since she doesn't like to be associated with her father?
I think they're not human. Kaido has been described as a "creature" (and never a human).

S

Shelby

Not a fan of Yamato due to her being a traitor to the Beast Pirates. Would have liked her better if she was 100% loyal to Kaido and was his strongest fighter.

Treason = 1 star.

Not a fan of Yamato due to her being a traitor to the Beast Pirates. Would have liked her better if she was 100% loyal to Kaido and was his strongest fighter.

Treason = 1 star.
Well maybe if Kaidou treated her better, Oden is idolized by her for his actions etc... It's what made her who she is. Living up to an Ideal etc...

S

Shelby

So you must hate Robin and Nami as well since they betrayed Baroque Works and the Arlong Pirates respectively.
I didn’t know Arlong and Crocodile were their parents. But you tried.

And I didn’t say I hate Yamato, just that she could have been better. I’m fine with her joining the Straw Hats and find it immature how often people complain about her on a daily basis.

I don’t consider Yamato a character, more like an ill-conceived mishmash of tropes and stereotypes packaged in a budget Demon Slayer ripoff design. A supposed action girl with zero accomplishments to her name at the age of nearly 30 fucking years old, which her fans justify by saying daddy wouldn’t let her. In his 5 minutes of being in Wano, Ace tried to help Tama, fed the villagers of Amigasa and snuck into Onigashima to free kidnapped children. And what has she done with her life? Her crowning ‘achievement’ is desecrating a statue with out-of-town bad boy, all the while sitting on her ass rubbing one out to a dead man’s diary and singing that someday her prince will come. Colour me the least bit impressed and highly eager for her to fall off the edge of Onigashima to cure her evident brain damage.

I think they're not human. Kaido has been described as a "creature" (and never a human).[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. This is One Piece where minks, giants, and dinosaurs exist. I can accept the fact that Yamato and Kaido could be their own race.

I don’t consider Yamato a character, more like an ill-conceived mishmash of tropes and stereotypes packaged in a budget Demon Slayer ripoff design. A supposed action girl with zero accomplishments to her name at the age of nearly 30 fucking years old, which her fans justify by saying daddy wouldn’t let her. In his 5 minutes of being in Wano, Ace tried to help Tama, fed the villagers of Amigasa and snuck into Onigashima to free kidnapped children. And what has she done with her life? Her crowning ‘achievement’ is desecrating a statue with out-of-town bad boy, all the while sitting on her ass rubbing one out to a dead man’s diary and singing that someday her prince will come. Colour me the least bit impressed and highly eager for her to fall off the edge of Onigashima to cure her evident brain damage.

S

Shelby

I never said that they were. But you tried.

I was responding to you saying that you didn’t like her because she was a “traitor”

So using that logic, I just assumed you must not like Robin or Nami either. :kayneshrug:
Yamato is a traitor for betraying her father. Nami never betrayed her mother’s memory and was never loyal to Arlong. Your comparisons make no sense.