Rate Yamato

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐⭐

• ⭐⭐

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I like her too but this is getting out of control.
I don't recall you complaining when I was spamming multiple Zoro essays each day.

If my Yamato fanboyism is out of control, then what will you say about my Zoro fanboyism during Roofpiece? It was running rampant?

P

PeperLevi

You didn't convince me.
You are talking your reasons for like her character,but that's unvalid. She got no character at all.
Everything about her summarized: She is the daughter of the Wano Country's big evil and is a worshiper of Wano Country's big hero. That's the most hollow character context possible.
Everything about her is based in her shameful and annoying obsession with Oden.
Why she considers herself a man? Because Oden was a man.
Why she want to join Straw Hats? Because Oden traveled with Roger Pirates.
Why she opposes Beasts Pirates? Because they are Oden's enemies that destroyed Wano Country.
Why she want to fight Kaido? Because Oden fought Kaido.
The same goes for her "will-power",which isn't true will-power. Her confrontations with Kaido and his crewmates will be very impactful for the story,because she will be badly humiliated,like this showing for everyone how empty her morals and convictions are.
She isn't beautiful. Her design isn't unique or great. Truly unique and great designs are those like Galette's and Amande's. Black Maria herself is better than Yamato. Her design is truly unique and great and she have more personality.
Being a candidate to Straw Hat Crew's member not improve her as character. There is garbage characters even inside Straw Hat Crew. There is Nami and Sanji within. Nami mysteriously is praised by the fandom as One Piece's best girl when she not have other qualities beyond navigation skills. And Sanji's popularity is people being delusional about him,because he is in fact one of the worst characters in the story.

You didn't convince me.
You are talking your reasons for like her character,but that's unvalid. She got no character at all.
Everything about her summarized: She is the daughter of the Wano Country's big evil and is a worshiper of Wano Country's big hero. That's the most hollow character context possible.
Why she opposes Beasts Pirates? Because they are Oden's enemies that destroyed Wano Country.
The same goes for her "will-power",which isn't true will-power. Her confrontations with Kaido and his crewmates will be very impactful for the story,because she will be badly humiliated,like this showing for everyone how empty her morals and convictions are.
She isn't beautiful. Her design isn't unique or great. Truly unique and great designs are those like Galette's and Amande's. Black Maria herself is better than Yamato. Her design is truly unique and great and she have more personality.
Being a candidate to Straw Hat Crew's member not improve her as character. There is garbage characters even inside Straw Hat Crew. There is Nami and Sanji within. Nami mysteriously is praised by the fandom as One Piece's best girl when she not have other qualities beyond navigation skills. And Sanji's popularity is people being delusional about him,because he is in fact one of the worst characters in the story.
Beautifully said. Yamato exists solely to fan service Oden in a female body. Yamato is not true to herself (I believe she will be in the future) but as of now she is very creepy

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You didn't convince me.
I wasn't trying to.

This wasn't an attempt to defend Yamato or address criticisms of her character — that might come later — but an explanation of why I personally find her compelling.

She is the daughter of the Wano Country's big evil and is a worshiper of Wano Country's big hero. That's the most hollow character context possible.
This is an accurate description of Yamato, but it's not all there is to her character.

Being a candidate to Straw Hat Crew's member not improve her as character.
I'll address these criticisms if I ever get around to writing the Yamato Apologetics essay, but this thread isn't supposed to be that.

To give an example of what i meant

going from this to something closer to

in terms of muscle definition.

Not all the way to a Hulk mode, but something that better conveys her physicality and how she stands out in that regard compared to female characters like Nami.
Well, generally that's what I want to, I've posted a pic in her FC that's pretty good in that way.

"#4 She's pretty."

This is why I have such a hard time calling Yamato "he" Theres just too many womanly characteristics to her and it just feels like shes trying to be something shes not. Again, I call Kiku she because shes pretty and has woman characteristics. I apologize to those out there who may be upset at my way of thinking but something just aint adding up with Yamato here with this whole male pronoun thing.

Everyone has his/her own opinion, personally I am not impressed by her character and I find her loony Oden fan personality particulary cringy and unfunny, and find it sad that her character is centered so much around that and how little foreshadowing there was for her existence.

Everyone has his/her own opinion, personally I am not impressed by her character and I find her loony Oden fan personality particulary cringy and unfunny, and find it sad that her character is centered so much around that and how little foreshadowing there was for her existence.
Everything is explainable, Just a matter if you're willing to here it and accept it. And or twist your perception a little.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I really appreciate honest and straightforward reads like these. Thank you for sharing your feelings about Yamato, Cinpai.

I wouldn't fret over those complaining about these Yamato topics. This is an open forum where we can speak our thoughts. For now, I'm tentative on my opinion of Yamato. There's so much story potential for their backstory, thus I would say they fascinate me more.