Powers & Abilities I think Shanks Conqueror's Haki is getting a bit too overrated

Is Shanks conqueror's Haki kinda overrated?

• Total voters
Yes, and Shanks as a Yonko who just recently said he is going for the One Piece, has the ambition to become the Pirate King. An achievement which, according to Mihawk himself is harder to achieve than surpassing Mihawk. Which means

becoming PK > surpassing Mihawk > being equal to Mihawk

Mihawk rejected the Yonko title not because it isn't a great title, but because he, according to himself, wants to live peacefully, meaning, he doesn't have the ambition to conquer the world.

Also, don't you always say that power wise, Rayleigh = Roger, even though Rayleigh is a subordinate to Roger, who arguably has the greatest ambition of all?
Yes but everyone wants to be pirate king, Mihawk actually is the wss.

Being Pirate King >= Being WSS >> Wanting to be Pirate King.

But as of now Shanks is nothing but a mere yonko, at title that isn't worth anything tbh.

yeah its old news cause this skill debate is the most retarded shit ever in the fandom .
since Oda also went with that

either Oda is also retarded like us
or your fandom is full of shit
Post automatically merged:

? Can you read clown? Where is anything about skill stated in thevpic i posted
skill was mentioned by Oda you disappointment for a human being
saying otherwise is eating shit as always

cause skill is often mentioned in correlation with strength
this is at best a 2nd hand translation ...
bring viz so we can talk about it ... anime translation also will do

and this moment got nothing to do with Oda saying SWORD SKILL

SWORD POWER and SWORD STRENGTH are not helping you as well

Well whatever you say Shishio, but Shanks feat of using CoC against Ryokugyuu is the best CoC feat so far we've seen. Even is greatest like Roger or Xebec aren't alive anymore but we've seen things from other greats like WB, Rayleigh, Kaido or BM. Rayleigh or WB are someone who's quite old so we shouldn't be expecting much from them.

Next thing is Shanks ambition weren't small ever, he was freest man on the sea before which is similar to what MC connects with PK level. And now Shanks even aiming OP as well. So how his ambitions aren't big ? It is something Mihawk said that even difficult than surpassing himself.

There ain't any CoC feat or facts from others dialogues that someone's CoC could simply even able to affect a mid/high top tier. Though Shanks been showed using it on such scale for the first time in the series and that is even after the fall of Kaido, WSC, whose strength/feats were fully revealed than it's safe to assume that only 3 or 4 more people can achieve that level on CoC. Most probably they would be Roger, Rockss and Luffy. Other than these three only Dragon is left with such high level hype and mystery.

As for how CoC works amongst different power level, Oda has described it before too , @comrade @MonsterKaido @Bogard would like to know your opinions as well guys :

Also you take it in wrong way Shishi
It doesn't help that to put a cap on this all, Oda himself thinks Old and Rusty Rayleigh's Conqueror's Haki compares to Shanks. Again his Haki at that age must be no where near his Prime

Oda Said CoC only affects and helps in removing those who are worthless but that comparable to you powerlevel. Oda in that interview took 100k fodders as examples and compared it with both Ray and Shanks. Now for both Rayleigh and Shanks, all those present on the opposite side of Luffy at FMI are really worthless to get destroyed by there CoC by ease coz difference in strength is really huge. I hope you don't have any issue with these facts.

Now Shanks haki is something which is even hyped by those who were there with WB since his prime while also have seen legendary Roger and Rayleigh fighting as well, but still made a comment on his Haki level.

Shanks Haki or his strength level should easily be judged by this as well when just the throw of CoC from miles away paralyzed a top tier like Greenbull. The difference in strength is definitely significant here.

Won't be expecting much and might be wrong but from Oda's description on CoC and how Shanks affected Greenbull is clearly stating his strength. Even WSC's CoC wasn't this overwhelming.

As for the rest of the post, it's quite biased looking but would like to say, Buggy became an emperor coz both Mihawk and Crocodile are at his base while flyer interpreted like he's the boss. So it's not marines mistake to take him as emperor while also believing he could tame those two. Though if you go through the context than you can see Mihawk and Crocodile's deal might be to work together (equal footing) but if flyer weren't wrong or things go without it than Mihawk would be the emperor. While from Mihawk's look and the way he stated his intentions, he was previously prepared for the position as well. Lol

Lastly yeah Shanks ain't comparable to Rockss pirate in anyway. But each and everyone of them has made a significant name and higher bounty than average for themselves on their own and all of them had quite a lot of faith and respect for Shanks. This is something which only be achievable through solid strength.

While for Rockss pirate, even though all of them were monsters but the current feat of Shanks for the balance of crew amongst all previous gen or current emperors is matchless.

So whatever someone else believes but Shanks strength, position and ambition are solid amongst greatest in the series. While his CoC feat isn't overrated in any way but he deserves it considering his position and strength. Without any care, the way he challenges every group at MF is clear proof whether its Navy, schibukais or BBP.

Well whatever you say Shishio, but Shanks feat of using CoC against Ryokugyuu is the best CoC feat so far we've seen. Even is greatest like Roger or Xebec aren't alive anymore but we've seen things from other greats like WB, Rayleigh, Kaido or BM. Rayleigh or WB are someone who's quite old so we shouldn't be expecting much from them.

Next thing is Shanks ambition weren't small ever, he was freest man on the sea before which is similar to what MC connects with PK level. And now Shanks even aiming OP as well. So how his ambitions aren't big ? It is something Mihawk said that even difficult than surpassing himself.

There ain't any CoC feat or facts from others dialogues that someone's CoC could simply even able to affect a mid/high top tier. Though Shanks been showed using it on such scale for the first time in the series and that is even after the fall of Kaido, WSC, whose strength/feats were fully revealed than it's safe to assume that only 3 or 4 more people can achieve that level on CoC. Most probably they would be Roger, Rockss and Luffy. Other than these three only Dragon is left with such high level hype and mystery.

As for how CoC works amongst different power level, Oda has described it before too , @comrade @MonsterKaido @Bogard would like to know your opinions as well guys :

Oda Said CoC only affects and helps in removing those who are worthless but that comparable to you powerlevel. Oda in that interview took 100k fodders as examples and compared it with both Ray and Shanks. Now for both Rayleigh and Shanks, all those present on the opposite side of Luffy at FMI are really worthless to get destroyed by there CoC by ease coz difference in strength is really huge. I hope you don't have any issue with these facts.

Now Shanks haki is something which is even hyped by those who were there with WB since his prime while also have seen legendary Roger and Rayleigh fighting as well, but still made a comment on his Haki level.

Shanks Haki or his strength level should easily be judged by this as well when just the throw of CoC from miles away paralyzed a top tier like Greenbull. The difference in strength is definitely significant here.

Won't be expecting much and might be wrong but from Oda's description on CoC and how Shanks affected Greenbull is clearly stating his strength. Even WSC's CoC wasn't this overwhelming.

As for the rest of the post, it's quite biased looking but would like to say, Buggy became an emperor coz both Mihawk and Crocodile are at his base while flyer interpreted like he's the boss. So it's not marines mistake to take him as emperor while also believing he could tame those two. Though if you go through the context than you can see Mihawk and Crocodile's deal might be to work together (equal footing) but if flyer weren't wrong or things go without it than Mihawk would be the emperor. While from Mihawk's look and the way he stated his intentions, he was previously prepared for the position as well. Lol

Lastly yeah Shanks ain't comparable to Rockss pirate in anyway. But each and everyone of them has made a significant name and higher bounty than average for themselves on their own and all of them had quite a lot of faith and respect for Shanks. This is something which only be achievable through solid strength.

While for Rockss pirate, even though all of them were monsters but the current feat of Shanks for the balance of crew amongst all previous gen or current emperors is matchless.

So whatever someone else believes but Shanks strength, position and ambition are solid amongst greatest in the series. While his CoC feat isn't overrated in any way but he deserves it considering his position and strength. Without any care, the way he challenges every group at MF is clear proof whether its Navy, schibukais or BBP.
All I will say is shanks in one the most OP haki user to exist. Only non DF Old gen can surpass him possibly

All I will say is shanks in one the most OP haki user to exist. Only non DF Old gen can surpass him possibly
Considering Oda's statement on CoC and strength level, it's quite obvious now that Navy accepted Shanks terms and not challenge even though they had more solid top tiers only because they would be in devastating disadvantageous position there against him or his crew coz they can't use awakening while he would be overwhelming them with his haki.

what's your opinion on Shanks level Considering Oda's statement on CoC usage !?

Considering Oda's statement on CoC and strength level, it's quite obvious now that Navy accepted Shanks terms and not challenge even though they had more solid top tiers only because they would be in devastating disadvantageous position there against him or his crew coz they can't use awakening while he would be overwhelming them with his haki.

what's your opinion on Shanks level Considering Oda's statement on CoC usage !?
Should be comparable to roger though I don't see him surpassing roger's level. Also I have shanks as current WSM having strongest haki possibly in current era for now

Should be comparable to roger though I don't see him surpassing roger's level. Also I have shanks as current WSM having strongest haki possibly in current era for now
Definitely not above Roger's level. That's only for Luffy to surpass and none else. Lol

Shanks even reaching near the level of Roger or Xebec is quite good already while like you said he might be WSM of this current era considering his haki feat in recent chapter while matching the power of WB (who used both hands) on MobyDick. Just look at how Oda only kept him above 4B club while rest were all below and old gen is now.

Yes but everyone wants to be pirate king, Mihawk actually is the wss.
Yeah, but the (OG) Yonko were (among) the most powerful pirates both in terms of individual and political strength, who rule in the new world and directly compete for the PK throne, with each of them having a piece of cake (Road Poneglyph) and having a realistic chance of claiming the title. Hence it was said that the Yonko are such monstrously strong pirates, that common logic does not apply to them and that, if you want to survive in the new world, your only chance is to ally with a Yonko.

So I do think that you underestimate the power it takes to become a Yonko. Buggy surely was a troll move, hence Mihawk pointed out that Buggy is the first one to become a Yonko by begging for his life, and by his blade shall be the last one.

Being Pirate King >= Being WSS >> Wanting to be Pirate King.
But Mihawk himself disagrees. Mihawk says that
Being Pirate King > surpassing the current WSS > being the WSS

With Luffy saying that being the WSS (that surpassed the old WSS) is the bare minimum a PK's right hand man should accomplish. With Zoro himself, upon hearing of Luffy's wish to become the PK, being shocked, thus admitting that this goal is clearly above the goal of becoming the WSS.

As for the topic itself, yes, there is no basis to assume that Mihawk's conqueror's Haki is above Shanks'. Shanks has repeatedly been hyped for having crazy and unparalleled ambition, with his conqueror's Haki standing out among everyone else. I'm certain that Mihawk has conqueror's coating too, given Zoro already displayed it, but you cannot just assign to Mihawk the highest level of a power he has neither displayed, nor being said to have.

Yeah, but the (OG) Yonko were (among) the most powerful pirates both in terms of individual and political strength, who rule in the new world and directly compete for the PK throne, with each of them having a piece of cake (Road Poneglyph) and having a realistic chance of claiming the title. Hence it was said that the Yonko are such monstrously strong pirates, that common logic does not apply to them and that, if you want to survive in the new world, your only chance is to ally with a Yonko.

So I do think that you underestimate the power it takes to become a Yonko. Buggy surely was a troll move, hence Mihawk pointed out that Buggy is the first one to become a Yonko by begging for his life, and by his blade shall be the last one.

But Mihawk himself disagrees. Mihawk says that
Being Pirate King > surpassing the current WSS > being the WSS

With Luffy saying that being the WSS (that surpassed the old WSS) is the bare minimum a PK's right hand man should accomplish. With Zoro himself, upon hearing of Luffy's wish to become the PK, being shocked, thus admitting that this goal is clearly above the goal of becoming the WSS.

As for the topic itself, yes, there is no basis to assume that Mihawk's conqueror's Haki is above Shanks'. Shanks has repeatedly been hyped for having crazy and unparalleled ambition, with his conqueror's Haki standing out among everyone else. I'm certain that Mihawk has conqueror's coating too, given Zoro already displayed it, but you cannot just assign to Mihawk the highest level of a power he has neither displayed, nor being said to have.
I am where this "Surpassing Current WSS" comes from.
All Mihawk said is that path to becoming pirate king is harder than path to becoming WSS, Zoro will also become WSS by surpassing Mihawk and Luffy will become Pirate King by surpassing Roger.

But how does that help with Yonko title that is one of the easiest titles to attain. Mihawk just has to kill Buggy to get one but he literally has no interest.

You are saying Mihawk rejected Yonko title because he wanted to stay in peace? Lmao how does that even make sense? How is Mihawk himself becoming an emperor any more peaceful than Mihawk making Buggy an emperor?

Mihawk said "I have no interest in Yonko Title AS LONG AS I can leave in peace" Meaning he doesn't care about becoming yonko or not becoming Yonko, his priority is only peaceful life.

"Highest level of Power that neither Rox has displayed or said to have"
Mihawk's case at having CoC is just as strong as Rox.

How is Mihawk a stronger swordsman than Shanks if his CoC Is weaker?

I am where this "Surpassing Current WSS" comes from.
All Mihawk said is that path to becoming pirate king is harder than path to becoming WSS
Mihawk himself said that becoming PK is tougher than surpassing him.
But how does that help with Yonko title that is one of the easiest titles to attain.
Because we know when it comes to Buggy, it was a mistake and every sane person immediately pointed the BS out. A lone wolf like Mihawk has no chance of competing with a Yonko like Shanks or Kaido, when either Shanks or Kaido can go toe to toe with Mihawk while also having huge territory, military and commanders. Especially Shanks, who has an outstanding crew.
How is Mihawk a stronger swordsman than Shanks if his CoC Is weaker?
Better skill, two arms (when Shanks had both arms, they were equally fighting), a supreme black blade, better armament. Thus, he can be stronger with having an inferior CoC, though I don't think the gap between their CoC is big in the first place.

Last edited:
Mihawk himself said that becoming PK is tougher than surpassing him.
Yeah no shit.
Surpassing Mihawk = Be stronger than Mihawk

Pirate King = Get 4 Poneglyphs, Find a random Island Across the World, Find a crazy strong crew, Travel the entire World, Find someone who can read poneglyphs, Pick fight with 4 Emperors, 3 Admirals etc

Or in Roger's case = Beg Whitebeard to give you Oden, Run away from Big Mom, Find Raftel

But like I am not even sure if harder ambition is a bigger ambition, that part never gets into the picture. There are many goals that are harder to achieve but don't mean anything. I think becoming a Vice Admiral is easier than Finding All Blue.

Kuma said World's Strongest Swordsman is an ambition that is worthy replacement for Pirate King.

But WSS and Pirate King are the only two known Kingly ambitions

Because we know when it comes to Buggy, it was a mistake and every sane person immediately pointed the BS out. A lone wolf like Mihawk has no chance of competing with a Yonko like Shanks or Kaido, when either Shanks or Kaido can go toe to toe with Mihawk while also having huge territory, military and commanders. Especially Shanks, who has an outstanding crew.
I mean its debatable.
I don't really think Shanks can go toe to toe with Mihawk, at best push him to high diff.

But Law literally said Buggy as weak as he is, if Mihawk is following him, he is worthy of being an emperor. Buggy's bounty also said he managed to make Mihawk and Crocodile follow him.

Everyone recognizes Cross Guild as Yonko level threat even they don't recognize Buggy's strength.

How can cross guild protect its territory if Mihawk is only equal to one Emperor? I think he can mid/high diff Kaido, can potentially beat Kaido and King at the same time.

Better skill, two arms (when Shanks had both arms, they were equally fighting), a supreme black blade, better armament. Thus, he can be stronger with having a inferior CoC, though I don't think the gap between their CoC is big in the first place.
But if CoC is stronger than CoA, what is stopping Shanks from breaking Yoru?

Pirate King = Get 4 Poneglyphs, Find a random Island Across the World, Find a crazy strong crew, Travel the entire World, Find someone who can read poneglyphs, Pick fight with 4 Emperors, 3 Admirals etc
Yes, and that's why being an emperor is extremely difficult outside of the Buggy-Trollmove. Buggy having the Yonko title on paper won't get him anywhere.
But Law literally said Buggy as weak as he is, if Mihawk is following him, he is worthy of being an emperor.
Isn't that an argument against Mihawk though? So according to Law, it is an emperor feat to have Mihawk as an underling.
But if CoC is stronger than CoA, what is stopping Shanks from breaking Yoru?
It's for the same reason Kaido is considered stronger than Shanks. Even though Shanks' CoC edges out, Kaido's CoC isn't far off, while being an Oni-Dragon Hybrid. A little stronger Haoshoku isn't enough if you fall behind in several other stats. That's why Mihawk threw away the rialry the moment Shanks lost an arm, since that's a nerf already. Now add better skill, a supreme black blade and a level of CoA that allowed him to forge that blade black, and Mihawk can win despite having CoC a bit below.

Yes, and that's why being an emperor is extremely difficult outside of the Buggy-Trollmove. Buggy having the Yonko title on paper won't get him anywhere.
But its not lol
Buggy is the emperor.

I mean its hard for an average Joe, its an average Sunday for Mihawk. He can become an emperor anytime he wants to become one. That's what manga told us, only reason, the only only sole reason and no other reason that Mihawk isn't an emperor is because he isn't interested

Isn't that an argument against Mihawk though? So according to Law, it is an emperor feat to have Mihawk as an underling.
How? Mihawk is an emperor maker? He can joining the absolute bottom tier dirt and that becomes an emperor. It literally means Mihawk is bigger than an emperor.

Like if Gol D Roger joined Buggy, Buggy would at least become an emperor.

And Mihawk being above an emperor should be obvious. World Government literally gave Mihawk the bounty above his captain when his captain is an emperor.

An Emperor would not have Mihawk has an underling, but anyone who has Mihawk as an underling becomes and emperor not matter how trash they are. That's what it means.

It's for the same reason Kaido is considered stronger than Shanks. Even though Shanks' CoC edges out, Kaido's CoC isn't far off, while being an Oni-Dragon Hybrid. A little stronger Haoshoku isn't enough if you fall behind in several other stats. That's why Mihawk threw away the rialry the moment Shanks lost an arm, since that's a nerf already. Now add better skill, a supreme black blade and a level of CoA that allowed him to forge that blade black, and Mihawk can win despite having CoC a bit below.
Let me be honest with you I don't consider Kaido above Shanks at all despite his WSC rumor.
I certainly don't think he can beat Mihawk.

Mihawk mid/high diffs him
Shanks high/extreme diffs him

since Oda also went with that

either Oda is also retarded like us
or your fandom is full of shit

skill was mentioned by Oda you disappointment for a human being
saying otherwise is eating shit as always
1.Clown once again where in that post did it say anything about skill.

2. Yes and so what if Skill was mentioned. Never disagree with that

this is at best a 2nd hand translation ...
bring viz so we can talk about it ... anime translation also will do

and this moment got nothing to do with Oda saying SWORD SKILL

SWORD POWER and SWORD STRENGTH are not helping you as well
Zoro says skill when he was talking about being aware of getting stab while fighting Killer too.

1. You do know you need various things to become the PK right? Roger literally had to kneel down to WB to become it. He had to recruit Rayleigh, get navigation, sailing, strength etc.... So stop posting that Mihawk told Luffy without Context. All you need for Mihawk is strength

2. Kaido CoC push luffy off his feet and destroyed environment

What Shanks did was impressive no doubt, but he ain't beating any strong person like that. He not even beating any commanders like that.

3. The difference in strength isn't significant enough for GB thinks he can't beat Shanks. Just that he can't fight them now since he already disobeying orders starting a war with a Yonko. Which we know from this chapter you need permission to do. So GB hiding the fact from Akainu makes sense and Shanks coming just complicated matters when he already doing something wrong.

4. Shanks has never overwhelmed a top tier. Matter a fact Shanks hasn't beaten any name characters we know of yet. GB says he not fighting the red hair yet. Which means the Government not ready to engage with them especially he already in a sticky situation when he came to Wano

5. Mihawk wasn't prepared for anything. You just made this up. How did Mihawk knkw Kaidou and BM would fall? Lol Yes Mihawk would of gotten it, but to say he was prepared is straight headcanon nonesense.

6. Shanks is definitely top 5 and MF is put into context more this chapter. You can't just willy nilly attack Yonko without Orders. Shanks literally said to Let him save face at MF.

Last edited:
I don't care what Kaido says. BB said he was the strongest while fighting Ace. What that got to do with facts. Oda already confirmed Mihawk title in real
Well WSS being fact doesn't mean Mihawk wins against Shanks, its a completely different situation, thats why people say "Mihawk who surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship" instead of "Mihawk who is stronger than Shanks".

Weaker swordsman using weapons stronger than a sword > WSS is a fact in real life. Gravity > living being including Mihawk is a fact. Shanks' stronger CoC which intimidated Akainu > Mihawk's weaker CoC which unable to make Vista or Jozu flinch is a fact. Doesn't matter what you believe. Thats the kind of ignorant comment you try to push here in your argument.

Well WSS being fact doesn't mean Mihawk wins against Shanks, its a completely different situation, thats why people say "Mihawk who surpasses Shanks in swordsmanship" instead of "Mihawk who is stronger than Shanks".

Weaker swordsman using weapons stronger than a sword > WSS is a fact in real life. Gravity > living being including Mihawk is a fact. Shanks' stronger CoC which intimidated Akainu > Mihawk's weaker CoC which unable to make Vista or Jozu flinch is a fact. Doesn't matter what you believe. Thats the kind of ignorant comment you try to push here in your argument.
1. Shanks is confirmed Swordsman. So he weaker than Mihawk has the WSS

2. 🤣 So Fuji beats Roger because he has Gravity. Fuji beats Shanks because he has Gravity boy sit down.

3. Shanks never intimidated Akainu. Marines need orders first to attack Yonkou.

4. Yes and Raizo blocked Kaido lol. Whats your point