Controversial If One piece has a great ending, will it be the best shonen ever?

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The "greatest" doesn't necessarily mean the "best".

I will stand by my point that no matter what Oda does, in overall terms of storywriting shonen like Full Metal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter are better (at least by the standards I have when judging writing).

OP is still a very good shonen manga and its sheer scale, worldbuilding and global fan following makes it the greatest shonen, if the ending is at least "good".

its impossible now because oda has decided to copy kishimotos entire formula for the one piece endgame. Even if oda executes it better, one piece does not deserve to be called the greatest if he's just copying. Every new gen manga tries to be like naruto and now one piece is doing the same, that is because naruto is truly the greatest, the template of success that other mangaka follow
? "Decided to copy Naruto the greatest" where is that? You think a trope of some god figure who control the world from the shadows belongs only to Naruto as the origin?

But G5 being as it is wouldn't be justifiable without the retcon, even G4 started making sense only with it, so is it truly unnecessary?
If Oda said, the awakening of the Gom Gom is the current G5, and it was the same fruit as Nika, would you be ok with it? The awakening is "the power of stretching reality" or something, even this kinda makes sense when we have fruits like Doffy or Law that can do anything they want already, like parasite or silence.
And g4 makes perfect sense without the retcon, hardened gum is hard, and Luffy using hardening is kinda like vulkanization.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, Slam Dunk is on their level, but it's a Seinen more than a Shounen. :pepehawk:

And CSM >>>>> OP. :pepapoo:
If Slam Dunk is seinen, which is not, then also CSM, which is crap.
Source -> Me.

The "greatest" doesn't necessarily mean the "best".

I will stand by my point that no matter what Oda does, in overall terms of storywriting shonen like Full Metal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter are better (at least by the standards I have when judging writing).

OP is still a very good shonen manga and its sheer scale, worldbuilding and global fan following makes it the greatest shonen, if the ending is at least "good".
I still don't understand the rating of HxH, it's extremely cahotic manga, and to me, it still looks like a poor's man Jojo. There is the whole frivolous politics, but at the core it's still a monster of the week manga.

? "Decided to copy Naruto the greatest" where is that? You think a trope of some god figure who control the world from the shadows belongs only to Naruto as the origin?
Specially since it's been foreshadowed since always..

If Oda had wrap the story a few years ago OP could easily be one of the best shonen ever.

I cant see any good/great/amazing ending being able to save post timeskip downhill.
Would you not argue that the latest 20 chapters, if not 30 after wano are at a very high level? I would put them at around the same level of post Enies Lobbyt chpaters.

its impossible now because oda has decided to copy kishimotos entire formula for the one piece endgame. Even if oda executes it better, one piece does not deserve to be called the greatest if he's just copying. Every new gen manga tries to be like naruto and now one piece is doing the same, that is because naruto is truly the greatest, the template of success that other mangaka follow
Lmao. "Copy" Kishimoto? You mean the same author that decided to introduce 4 other major nations and 3 endgame villains in the last 20% of the story for a world war and drag that shit to oblivion?

One Piece has had 95% of its factions established years before Kishimoto even went this route. In fact. Marineford already set up the final world war while Naruto barely started its timeskip. Imu as an entity is still part of the WG, something far older than the idea you are trying to paint about the series. Imu has more development than Kaguya and hes still a fucking silhouette :suresure:

If Oda said, the awakening of the Gom Gom is the current G5, and it was the same fruit as Nika, would you be ok with it? The awakening is "the power of stretching reality" or something, even this kinda makes sense when we have fruits like Doffy or Law that can do anything they want already, like parasite or silence.
And g4 makes perfect sense without the retcon, hardened gum is hard, and Luffy using hardening is kinda like vulkanization.
G4 being hard is one thing, the way his attacks "curve" don't. Now even the cloud around his neck has an explanation.

I wouldn't be ok with that explanation, no. Gomu gomu's awakening would be turning other stuff into rubber, so at most he could rubberize reality if that's a thing.

Lmao. "Copy" Kishimoto? You mean the same author that decided to introduce 4 other major nations and 3 endgame villains in the last 20% of the story for a world war and drag that shit to oblivion?

One Piece has had 95% of its factions established years before Kishimoto even went this route. In fact. Marineford already set up the final world war while Naruto barely started its timeskip. Imu as an entity is still part of the WG, something far older than the idea you are trying to paint about the series. Imu has more development than Kaguya and hes still a fucking silhouette :suresure:
Even stuff like Gorosei being fighters was predicted long ago based on their design lol.
I’d say the only thing a bit iffy are the holy knights but even then them not being introduced sooner can be explained by them only becoming active when they are directly attacked.

Even stuff like Gorosei being fighters was predicted long ago based on their design lol.
I’d say the only thing a bit iffy are the holy knights but even then them not being introduced sooner can be explained by them only becoming active when they are directly attacked.
I agree on a character intro basis, the Burned Man, CP0, Rocks and God Knights all probably didnt have standing to exist prior, but hes done a good job tying them to "something":

Burned Man: 4th RP

Rocks: Garp "The Hero", all Yonko allegedly

CP0/God Knights: Earlier scenes that depicted the WG having high commanders of some form here

Id even argue that outside of the God Knights or CP0 members, there are more WG positions under Kong that we just dont know about.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Nah.

One Piece was never "the best" even pre-ts, it was okay but slowly and surely was written disastrously along the way. Pre-ts gets Nostalgia pass from a lot of people but if you actually go and reread it now. It's mixed with good and terrible post timeskip alike writing.

Post timeskip is just an abomination of a story.