Break Week If Sanji doesn't have CoC in the future, why Oda give us so many hints?

Sanji will have CoC in the future?

• Total voters
He's the only known character to go through that experience and keep his masculinity. Ivankov was surprised by that fact and then convinced that he will not be able to go through that for 2 years without losing himself and the challenge
Determination doesn't make you a conqueror. Every strawhat within those two years improved significantly, having the ambition to be of better aid for Luffy. And even Usopp sometimes is ready to suffer.

So please, let's not make it sound like everyone with some determination and will to sacrifice is automatically a conqueror.

By your logic, every Samurai of Wano is a conqueror, because they sank their ships when entering Onigashima, willing to die against Kaido for Wano and Oden.

H

humanbeing

the best evidence that Sanji will have it is theBaratie arc. Sanji thought that Luffy and Zoro were fools but he himself was compared to Luffy by Zeff of having the same spear or grit as Luffy and the was chewing the spear of his own for no good reasons. Sanji always meant to be some one of the strongest like Luffy and Zoro.
and the Baratie was an arc were Luffy and Zoro showed strong spirits which for sure is part of their CoC abilities.

You are comparing a lighthearted and friendly conversation between Rayleigh & Roger to an extremely serious and shocked Sanji's inner monologues.
And what difference it makes? Your point is that a CoC user needs to basicly dick suck the other straight away, it's like they can't worry about the upcoming danger towards someone they barely know, they can't find someone elses dreams crazy or stupid. The whole plot in the Baratie arc is Sanji recognizing that he is much more like Luffy and Zoro, for example, than he actually thinks he is, and thats what Zeff says to him but in other words, he also had a dream he considered crazy but he believed on it, so much that he left the Baratie to help Luffy achieve his dream and perhaps to Sanji himself achieve his own dream. And as i said, having that great ambition isn't something that every CoC user has and needs to have, it's more complex than this if we want to be honest and bring all the CoC users and their character traits.

You still don't get it, do you? Even weak people can sacrifice their life for their loved ones. How many can sacrifice life for their dreams? Thats what separates conquerors like Zoro-Luffy to an average Joe like Sanji.
Except for some their conviction has to do with protecting the dreams of their loved ones at various points.

That's Ace with Whitebeard for example, where he demands to be left for dead and that the WB pirates don't start a war for his sake. That's also Ace wanting to make Whitebeard the Pirate King, and fighting for Whitebeard's dream.

It's the same as Sanji doing it for Zeff and not being willing to do it for himself because of the debt he felt towards Zeff.

Basically Sanji did not value doing something for himself, so his will power and conviction was all directed towards Zeff. That's why he could look down on others he'd think as selfish for acting for themselves, and foolish to get killed for that.

It's all explained in the same arc, where Zeff describes CoC

and let's us know that Sanji also has it in him and must no longer stiffle it and act for himself

Determination doesn't make you a conqueror. Every strawhat within those two years improved significantly, having the ambition to be of better aid for Luffy. And even Usopp sometimes is ready to suffer.

So please, let's not make it sound like everyone with some determination and will to sacrifice is automatically a conqueror.

By your logic, every Samurai of Wano is a conqueror, because they sank their ships when entering Onigashima, willing to die against Kaido for Wano and Oden.
Every Samurai of Wano = CoC user because they have pride and are willing to die a honorful death for their country and Oden.

:kayneshrug:

These Samurai of Wano ?

who can't even fanthom the heighs of Sanji's conviction to be able to keep on fighting after the announcement of his Captain's death ? :finally:

H

humanbeing

every strawhat is willing to die for Luffy . Zoro and Sanji showed that in Thriller Bark . Zoro showed again that he not only can throw his Life but even his pride for his captain as he asked Mihwak to train him. Sanji was ready to throw his life again to die for the crew in WCI.
to see that as an act of not having CoC is really dumb.

These Samurai of Wano ?

who can't even fanthom the heighs of Sanji's conviction to be able to keep on fighting after the announcement of his Captain's death ? :finally:
Wow, he kept fighting. That requires a lot of determination.
Post automatically merged:

every strawhat is willing to die for Luffy . Zoro and Sanji showed that in Thriller Bark . Zoro showed again that he not only can throw his Life but even his pride for his captain as he asked Mihwak to train him. Sanji was ready to throw his life again to die for the crew in WCI.
to see that as an act of not having CoC is really dumb.
Yeah but you can't rlly use that as a proof that they have CoC.

H

humanbeing

Yeah but you can't rlly use that as a proof that they have CoC.
but it was never a proof that Sanji doesn't have CoC haki , like Sanji haters wants to show it.
I hate Sanji chracters for some reasons and i like Zoro more but I am convinced that Sanji will always one of the strongest and that he will have CoC haki.
the people who say that Sanji will never ever get CoC haki , and that he doesn't have strong will, will tell you that Usopp will have it , i agree on that Usopp might have it as well but that is funny when you compare Usopp to Sanji.

but it was never a proof that Sanji doesn't have CoC haki , like Sanji haters wants to show it.
I hate Sanji chracters for some reasons and i like Zoro more but I am convinced that Sanji will always one of the strongest and that he will have CoC haki.
the people who say that Sanji will never ever get CoC haki , and that he doesn't have strong will, will tell you that Usopp will have it , i agree on that Usopp might have it as well but that is funny when you compare Usopp to Sanji.
Not at all, Sanji doesn't deserve CoC and Usopp doesn't deserve it neither. Being brave ≠ Being a King.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I don't subscribe to everything posted in this thread but there's something to be said about some of the points such as Oda having only Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Usopp witness the first CoC usage ever in the manga.

Luyfy who has CoC
Zoro who has CoC
Usopp who lied about having CoC and all his lies come true

And obviously Sanji..

As well as Oda separating Zoro and Sanji from the rest of the crew in key moments of showcasing determination such as both trying to make the sacrifice of taking Luffy's pain at TB or more recently Zoro and Sanji being the ones shown to refuse in one voice Kaido's offer of sparing their lives if they surrender, with Oda focusing on Sanji's conviction to keep on fighting after Luffy's death is announced which leaves the Samurai in awe and is used to bring back Chopper who's will was shown to falter.

Also with the Volume 100 Cover likely to be called Color of the Supreme King and only featuring Conquerors with Sanji as the supposed exception ? I wouldn't really buy into that.
I agree with this. Just curious, do you think Sanji’s gonna get it this arc?