Character Discussion I'll say it: Did Oda ruin Sanji ?

Did Oda ruin Sanji ?

• Total voters
how can you ruin a character that was having the best feats against a YK commander
Because some people actually care about solid writing and not only on powerlvl nonsense.

Zoro and Sanji got huge powerups - nobody denies that.

It's the way HOW they actually got those powerups and how they work which should annoy any OP fan.

Zoro literally just got a ridiculously overpowered "magical sword" out of nowhere and Sanji was granted a random genetics powerup tied to his hated family 1000+ chapters into the story.

That's just lazy af from Oda imho.

I'll be honest, it's not Oda ruined Sanji, he made his character stronger and more interesting, though I would of preferred if there was no need for somewhat of an asspull, rather solid training. If anything Sora taking precautions was an hint for Sanji not to possess an Exoskeleton.

Oda should have followed the Newkama Kempo route plus improving his fire through sheer emotions and adding his cooking skills to combat. But of course we'd have to suffer those limited readers obsessed with "everything making rational sense" so they needed "an explanation" for Diable Jambe plus the homophobes and transphobes we all know (both out and inside this forum) who would consistently mock at Sanji just for having something to do with okamas (as they already do; notice what specific users are always posting pics of okama Sanji out of the blue only to devaluate him plus what users consistently like this kind of offensive content).

I mean, the whole character arc on using something he doesn't want to could have been perfectly translated to Newkama Kempo, and it would have felt more organic since we know they aren't bad people (unlike the Vinsmokes) and Sanji's timeskip training actually had something to do with them, but you know, Oda had to make up an entire idiosyncrasy completely unrelated to his character.

Hey, maybe Oda will use his brain and follow the evolution of cooking itself by having Sanji mix his new science with his chef side; but we all know he won't because he doesn't know how to handle his own characters.

Is not that oda have ruined him,he wants him to keep up with luffy and zoro.is weird i'd say:specialmeh:
Let's not pretend this isn't a fictional work in which Oda can make him keep up with Luffy and Zoro without Vinsmoke's technology. This isn't a hard science with specific values, he can give him a hotter fire and harder armament, say he's a top high tier now because of that and we will all have to buy it because we have no way to refute it.

Let's not pretend this isn't a fictional work in which Oda can make him keep up with Luffy and Zoro without Vinsmoke's technology. This isn't a hard science with specific values, he can give him a hotter fire and harder armament, say he's a top high tier now because of that and we will all have to buy it because we have no way to refute it.
But it could be true otherswise i couldn't explain lol Sanji is the only M3 who doesn't train
In base yhe wasn't do anything to Queen

Oda could have gone a different route with his powerup (stronger flames, black flames, better haki, advanced observation, ...), but somehow he choosed the one Sanji doesn't like by himself.
It's not destroying his character at all, he is still the same, but we could have gotten a better power up than dna.

Because some people actually care about solid writing and not only on powerlvl nonsense.

Zoro and Sanji got huge powerups - nobody denies that.

It's the way HOW they actually got those powerups and how they work which should annoy any OP fan.

Zoro literally just got a ridiculously overpowered "magical sword" out of nowhere and Sanji was granted a random genetics powerup tied to his hated family 1000+ chapters into the story.

That's just lazy af from Oda imho.
having a magic sword is lazy yes, having an arc to justify a powerup is not

I don't think ruined, but it's kind of weird how his power-up have nothing to do with his 2 years of training. Luffy learned haki and new use of his devil fruit, which is relevant the power-ups he has been getting in the new world. Zoro learned haki and better swordsmanship, which is again relevant. Same for everyone else, like Brook and his soul stuff he learned during the timeskip... Even the Zeus for Nami was at least related to character as a thief and what she learned during the 2 years (Weather balls Zeus love and made him join her side were stuff from weatheria applicated into the climat tact). But raid suit, exoskeleton? it is both completely unrelated to do with whatever he learned during the two years AND I don''t know what was even supposed to be WCI message anymore.
I guess it was necessary evil to have a young DFless cook who doesn't train that much stays in the M3 and keep up with the new world :quest:

Enma is a training tool, not a power-up.
I thought we were done with it Seth chan...

Enma boosts Zoro's AP by alot. No other sword he has can do that to the same level as Enma.

Zoro: "I need to use more of Enma's Power!"
That alone should make it obvious even for the most stubborn Zorofan - appereantly not.

BM and Kaidou commented on the Sword not being normal and it has a weird Aura around it. Why don't we see that Aura on all of Zoro's swords? Oh maybe because it's Enma's power taking haki and boost someones AP? Can Zoro do that without Enma? No he can't.

Zoro confirmed back in TB that swords increase his AP by alot. Enma is literaly a living sword that sucks haki to increase AP.

Zorofans: It'S nOt A pOwErUp It'S a TrAiNiNg ToOl!

The fuck?!

The only thing Zoro has to "train" for is not to get sucked dry by it. Which thanks to Wado Ichi monji is alot easier for him to do.