General & Others Is "King of Hell" the corniest nickname?

M

Mr. Bushido

Zoro fans have been speculating about such an epithet for him for years.

It's because we have Ryuma the King and Dark King Rayleigh.

So, an epithet with "King" in it befits him.

I've always thought he would get something along the lines of Demon King.

King of Hell is clean.

The name is fine.

It was just weird to hear Zoro call himself that. I get why since he has to not only understand Enma's needs but to also conquer and bend the blade to his will... I get it, I get that it's supposed to be a cool line.

If other characters or even his bounty post give him an epithet similar then sure. I just don't see why someone will call him the king of hell, unless Oda is going to make Zoro have this demonic aura that gives off the vibe that he's literally the king of hell. Calling him the king of hell otherwise would mean they'd have to know of Enma's origin since it was a focus and I just don't see it. As long as zoro doesn't go around calling himself that to other people then it's fine.

So in short:
Name is cool, but could be better because OP if full of cool epithets.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I prefer Dark King by a margin

But KOH is not that bad

What was bad was the way it was done : Zoro calling himself like that, completely out of the blue. It was quite weird. No real build up etc.

‘Frankly it would have been better if he had the name after the Mink médecine kicked in, the ordeal with the grim reaper, he came back from the dead and had a line about how he pushed back death or something like that and everyone saying he is a monster etc etc

The way Zoro gave himself that nickname was weird and yes a bit cringe

Don’t think its corny, rather, its unfitting.

Just like Zoro’s other title “Pirate Hunter” (its absolutely useless since he’s now a pirate himself and no longer goes bounty hunting other smaller pirates like he used to).

How does wielding a sword named after the underworld make you “The King of Hell”? I honestly see this title fitting someone like Brook more than Zoro.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I prefer Dark King by a margin

But KOH is not that bad

What was bad was the way it was done : Zoro calling himself like that, completely out of the blue. It was quite weird. No real build up etc.

‘Frankly it would have been better if he had the name after the Mink médecine kicked in, the ordeal with the grim reaper, he came back from the dead and had a line about how he pushed back death or something like that and everyone saying he is a monster etc etc

The way Zoro gave himself that nickname was weird and yes a bit cringe
More or less this^^

My mom forced me to accept this. Don't hate on me, Z-bros.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
That's the thing, Zoro isnt King of Hell yet.
He said he would become one.
Everything coming after that is the build-up to him becoming KoH.

I think it's supposed to be a parallel to Rayleigh
Parallel to Ryuma, Alber, Rayleigh and whoever else may have such strength-based King title.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker