Current Events Is Oda leaving Sanji behind?

Is sanji no longer in the league of Zoro and Luffy?

• Yes but this gap was there from the beginning

• Yes but the gap became more apparent since Time skip

• Yes but sanji will close the gap in future

• There is no gap because I read two piece

• Gap is there but atleast his neck isn't getting squeezed like King and Queen 🤭

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hold up you do know mr. 1 was the only baroque works agent in impel down that wasn’t already freed right?
Also remember Bon clays ability is to pin his crimes on others. Bon was the only baroque works agent powerful enough to be that high in the business without a partner.
The marines didn’t bother with Bon Chan because the marines didn’t catch Bon like they did for mr. 1... they caught Bon later after he freed the other baroque works agents out of jail I get what point you’re trying to make but your arguments are terrible.
That only solidifies what i mentioned earlier. Crocodile sent out of his way to free Mr1, he wouldn't have neither Mr2 or Mr3 even though they hade already been set loose. That speaks volumes you know.

Look, I like Mr2 as much as anybody, but the gap is obvious. Even when caught by Hina the marines didn't regard it as a big catch. Mr1 on the other hand was singled out by Tashigi if I remember correctly. Let's not get caught in semantics

Oda wrote Sanji keeping up with Luffy and Zoro without the Raid Suit pre time skip.

If Oda's intention was Sanji to fall behind Luffy and Zoro, but keep up with the "New World", he would not need to give him anything so drastically different compared to pre time skip as an added bonus independent of his own growth.

You only need to be mildy perceptive to understand that the Raid Suit's whole purpose is to be the answer to the question "Why doesn't Sanji fall behind when he trains and fights less? ".
you compare them post TS and pre TS? Ok let's be real when sanji get his w post ts? And what feat did he have post ts? Remember in 2y timeskip what sanji did is running, and crossdressing, learn okama recipes, and bit of training maybe?? and you still not showed me when sanji display such will and ambition like zoro and luffy..

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Bon Clay bounty should be higher than Daz Bones's, for the same reason Sanji bounty should stay higher than Zoro's.
Das Bones and Zoro are just "strong guys". For that, Navy have a ton of those as well. You REALLY gotta set yourself apart for being such a threat just by being strong. Maybe at EoS, when Zoro's power will be actual stuff of legends.
Bon Clay and Sanji (with raid suit) have gimmick abilities that can create havoc to entire organizations and countries. This kind of Threat can't be dealt with brute force.
"But Observation Haki...."
Observation Haki is the most inconsistent thing Oda has ever created during all these 20+ years writing One Piece. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It can be used to track movement at the speed of light, sometimes it sees "the future", sometimes it's just what the person is gonna do as an attack next (shouldnt it be future sight as well?). Sometimes people sense others automatically like the 3 sensed the swamp guy whose name I dont recall right now, sometimes you have to "concentrate" to sense stuff.
Even with that, how many marines actually have observation haki? Do they have it on all the times? Will they always be on the places Sanji can infiltrate and cause chaos?
By the nature of Bon Clay's skill, he can't have that huge of a bounty, because people won't know it was him that caused problems, so he won't be notorious. But Drake is a marine and if he doesn't report that one of the SH's have invibility power, he is not only a moron, but an incompetent one also.
But then again, it's Oda we are talking about. Sometimes bounties mean nothing, sometimes they do mean something. He likes these ambiguous things.

It's funny how pre Wano so many could not conceive Sanji getting a 1 vs 1 against a YC, and now some say he will "only fight Queen" as some sort of downplay as if that's a bad thing.

People put up these random barriers for his growth and then quietly backtrack.

Come the Final War him being a Top Tier and taking on an Admiral will be no more controversial than him fighting Queen this arc.
It's even funnier most people said zoro (the weakest WG) can't solo YC when luffy is struggling, zoro can't fight king cause he can fly, while most zoro fans go straight to kaido and now here we are 5 big shot in alliance vs 2 yonko.. who's more funnier don't you think??

Doggo

you compare them post TS and pre TS? Ok let's be real when sanji get his w post ts? And what feat did he have post ts? Remember in 2y timeskip what sanji did is running, and crossdressing, learn okama recipes, and bit of training maybe?? and you still not showed me when sanji display such will and ambition like zoro and luffy..
People really underestimate Sanji's training. Dude ran and fought non-stop for 2 entire years against an entire kingdom. Who cares if they are Okama or Furries? They were presented not as fodders, but as strong warriors. The way he learned Skywalk, by literally running so much, for so long, that he actually started flying is not proof of his resolve to surpass his training and become stronger to get the recipes and help Luffy achieve his dream? For real? What is then? Fighting random monkeys?

Follow your own argument here if you thought of it enough to write it up.

You put a decent case for Sanji falling behind them, right ?

And you say that Oda's intention is for him to fall behind them, right ?

Then naturally Oda will follow up on that intention and let it happen.

But then he does not. Then he writes WCI, and invents a way in which Sanji can keep up in spite of less training/less fighting. He gives him the Raid Suit for that purpose.

Honestly blows my mind that some can't wrap their heads around this. Maybe it's because of this being a manga, so i'm asking too much from part of it's fanbase given their potential age.

People really underestimate Sanji's training. Dude ran and fought non-stop for 2 entire years against an entire kingdom. Who cares if they are Okama or Furries? They were presented not as fodders, but as strong warriors. They way he learned Skywalk, by literally running so much, for so long, that he actually started flying is not proof of his resolve to surpass his training and become stronger to get the recipes and help Luffy achieve his dream? For real? What is then? Fighting random monkeys?
fought nonstop and yet we literally see him crossdressing lol, and humandrill mimicking ability of other we already know that, and you know who's castle is that.. pretty sure mihawk fight those humandrill too back then, and why you never think zoro naever sparring with mihawk??
Post automatically merged:

Follow your own argument here if you thought of it enough to write it up.

You put a decent case for Sanji falling behind them, right ?

And you say that Oda's intention is for him to fall behind them, right ?

Then naturally Oda will follow up on that intention and let it happen.

But then he does not. Then he writes WCI, and invents a way in which Sanji can keep up in spite of less training/less fighting. He gives him the Raid Suit for that purpose.

Honestly blows my mind that some can't wrap their heads around this. Maybe it's because of this being a manga, so i'm asking too much from part of it's fanbase given their potential age.
Iirc i said it already, post ts when it comes to sanji he always get rekt by his opponent, that's why RS coming in salvation.. so that he will not lose so badly against opponet, or he can even win his fight.. stop pretending being smart ass adult.. we here read shounen who literally for kids

Doggo

fought nonstop and yet we literally see him crossdressing lol, and humandrill mimicking ability of other we already know that, and you know who's castle is that.. pretty sure mihawk fight those humandrill too back then, and why you never think zoro naever sparring with mihawk??
Wasn't the crossdressing part one of those cover stories that was showing what was going on with them during the events when they were separated from Luffy, but BEFORE the 3D2Y? Which means, before they actually started training?
Serious question. No irony here or anything.
And even if he did, it just means he had failures during his training. That's normal. Wasn't Luffy getting beaten up by Rayleigh non-stop until he actually started getting good at Observation? There's no problem in that.

The only thing being left behind is people's patience. If the arc enda without Sanji getting an extended fight while Luffy and Zoro do so then yes i would also feel like Oda is leaving him behind.
Doing a thread like this now is like if, after his "fight" with Califa in Enies Lobby people complained that Sanji was being left behind without waiting for the rest of the arc.

The only thing being left behind is people's patience. If the arc enda without Sanji getting an extended fight while Luffy and Zoro do so then yes i would also feel like Oda is leaving him behind.
Doing a thread like this now is like if, after his "fight" with Califa in Enies Lobby people complained that Sanji was being left behind without waiting for the rest of the arc.
I think what they mean is Zoro and Luffy being separated from him and being refered differently(supernova etc, and not fighting against Yonkos). Which I think was always the case. Its been shown many times by oda himself that he considers Luffy/zoro/Nami like the main characters when referering to one piece.

Doggo

To be fair, he didn't have a single extended 1v1 win since what? Ennies Lobby? Thriller Bark had the "gotta tank hits while holding nami" thing, sabaody? nothing. Post time skip? Fishman Island? 2v1, not 1v1. PH? nope. Dressrosa? Nope. Zou? Nope. Whole Cake, which was an arc centered around him? Nope. People are thirsty man. Give these people some juicy 1v1 win against someone strong. Page1 was a tease that he would go for someone even stronger now that he got the Raid Suit, but we are stuck with the Khalifa treatment yet again. :lusalty:

I think what they mean is Zoro and Luffy being separated from him and being refered differently(supernova etc, and not fighting against Yonkos). Which I think was always the case. Its been shown many times by oda himself that he considers Luffy/zoro/Nami like the main characters when referering to one piece.
They are the 1 and the 2,

Sanji does not get eveything Zoro gets.

Zoro also does not get everything Luffy gets.

Zoro was missing from an entire arc, unlike Luffy, and even Sanji was featured in all the arcs to an extent.

Zoro did not defeat a YC yet like Sanji, while Luffy defeated two already before this arc even started.

Zoro has a bounty slightly lower than even Sanji, and both of theirs are bellow 350 million, while Luffy has a whooping 1,5 billion

Zoro doesn't get nearly the wolrd wide recognition Luffy get's at this point being called the Fifth Emperor.

There's no leaving behind, it's just the usual 1 - 2 - 3.

The 1 gets most stuff, the 2 gets some of the stuff that the 1 get's, and then the 3 get's some of the stuff that the 2 get's.

The 2 never get's everything the 1 get's and the 3 never get's everything the 2 get's.

Somehow that's a concept hard to grasp.

Last edited:
It's so apparent Oda gave Sanji a higher bounty than Zoro, and is teasing him about it.
Thanks to papa judge for that dude, his lineage help him to get higher bounty..
Post automatically merged:

can't talk with zoro fans, they only read zoro piece, different manga
The same goes for you sanji fans, this is not sanji piece or juan piece/two piece..

It's so apparent Oda gave Sanji a higher bounty than Zoro, and is teasing him about it.
while every reader with an IQ above room temperature knows that Oda did this to ridicule Sanji somewhere down the line.
it already happened once too. when Sanji could not fathom that Hiyori would pick Zoro over even when Sanjis bounty is higher.
or the time when Sanji tried to be smug about it and Zoro almost accidentially cut him in half.

please keep gloating over this.
the payoff from Odas joke will be all the more delicious.

before Sanji can even dream of catching up to Zoro and Luffy he should catch up to his own pity bounty first.
:cheers: