Current Events Is Oda leaving Sanji behind?

Is sanji no longer in the league of Zoro and Luffy?

• Yes but this gap was there from the beginning

• Yes but the gap became more apparent since Time skip

• Yes but sanji will close the gap in future

• There is no gap because I read two piece

• Gap is there but atleast his neck isn't getting squeezed like King and Queen 🤭

Results are only viewable after voting.
I made several posts about this particular subject matter and it was crystal clear to me how Sanji, due on the one hand lacking motivations to consistently train to get more powerful and on the other hand lacking Whitebeard's plot and DF hax (since his goals weren't strictly strenght related), then Sanji should not attain the PL of a powerhouse, hence none of these.
Sanji doesn’t lack motivation. In his mind it’s his job to protect Nami, Robin, Usopp and the other weaker members of the crew. As such he makes sure he’s strong enough to fight and protect his weaker friends.

Sanji has the plot relevance to be at the same PL as admirals and up. He’s the protector of the straw hat pirates. He’s Luffys shield (literally his recent power up was a suit of armor with a shield). He is and always will be in the monster trio with Zoro and Luffy

Sanji doesn’t lack motivation. In his mind it’s his job to protect Nami, Robin, Usopp and the other weaker members of the crew. As such he makes sure he’s strong enough to fight and protect his weaker friends.

Sanji has the plot relevance to be at the same PL as admirals and up. He’s the protector of the straw hat pirates. He’s Luffys shield (literally his recent power up was a suit of armor with a shield). He is and always will be in the monster trio with Zoro and Luffy
And yet he left Nami and Usopp alone to chase prostitutes :josad:

This “protecting” thing is overrated, every Straw Hat protects each other. That doesn’t mean they all become top tiers and doesn’t compare at all to the future Pirate King and WSS.

The new monster trio is Yamato/Jinbei/Sanji

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
In his mind it’s his job to protect Nami, Robin, Usopp and the other weaker members of the crew. As
Every crew member protect each other but This is mainly Luffy's duty as the captain because Oda has consistently stressed this.

As such he makes sure he’s strong enough to fight and protect his weaker friends.
Wrong! You are mixing Luffy traits here.

It's Luffy who always made sure he gets stronger to protect his nakamas and not sanji - Enies lobby, Post MF war, Fight with katakuri

Sanji doesn't even train to get stronger unlike luffy and zoro.

He’s the protector of the straw hat pirates.
Everyone is protector of the crew.

. He’s Luffys shield (literally his recent power up was a suit of armor with a shield).
Everyone is Luffy's shield but if one who actually shield Luffy the most then its zoro.

Remember, how Zoro defended Luffy's honour of being the captain in Enies Lobby Arc?

I think Oda could not afford to make the gap between Sanji and Luffy - Zoro too large pre-TS because the SHs were largely alone at that point.

Now they not only have Jinbei, but Yamato and the constant help of other SNs virtually since PH, so Sanji could take a back seat and improve on his cooking.

Lmfaoooooo
Rs Sanji hasn't shown anything that puts him above Zoro without Enma wtf

Yeah Zoro is going to be portrayed alongside Luffy against kaido
Cry more
I am not saying this only because I am a Zoro fan, but if everybody who is on the rooftop stays there and no interruptions occur, it will not only be Luffy who will be integral against BOTH Kaido and Big Mom, but The Grandmaster, too.

It will be interesting to see how Zoro helps out against BM whose swordsmanship technique is lacking, but whose raw strength is among the strongest in the world.

Now I'm here to collect the salt of Sanji fans who thinks that Sanji-chan is at the same ballpark with luffy and zoro..
Post automatically merged:

I see you lack of reading comprehension, i said IF zoro being there as well he will acting up as a captain not Sanji-chan
I see you lack reality of you can’t be sure because you’re speaking in speculation not fact

Please stop with the dumb "he does not have the ambition so then i know that he can only be exactly this strong".

Even the Baratie scene that people use against Sanji when he watches Luffy and Zoro, even that one is misinterpreted with Zeff saying that he knows a fool ( as in Sanji ) who has that same spear called ambition that he put to the side for his sake.

Yes, him not being only a fighter like Zoro means that just with training and fighting, he would fall behind. Pre time skip Oda just pushed Sanji to keep up without an explanation because he wants the M3 to be a thing.

Post time skip, he worked into the story an explanation, aka the Raid Suit.

Raid Suit is there so that Sanji can keep up with less training and less fighting. It's a tool that can be upgraded outside of training and fighting.

It's a tool that Sanji can choose to put to the side and cook, or wear and become a better fighter that can keep up with his fellow M3 members to the extent Oda intended him to keep up pre time skip, as well as going forward.
Show me the panel of sanji display his strong will and ambition except for perverted thing.. and RS is tool to keep up with new world so that sanji not get rekt by his opponent not to keep up with luffy and zoro who their aim is to be strongest..

I see you lack reality of you can’t be sure because you’re speaking in speculation not fact
You too because you're just speaking in speculation if you think sanji could keep up with luffy and zoro..

Sanji fans think that rs is tool to keep up with luffy and zoro, in fact it's just tool to keep up with new world enemies so that he will not get the same treatment like vs vergo and doffy, and before you jumping the gun and said that sanji KO'ed PAgEoNe, the fight is not concluded, even he get overpowered by P1 in strength wise on the first day sanji RS get introduced..

Last edited:
Show me the panel of sanji display his strong will and ambition except for perverted thing.. and RS is tool to keep up with new world so that sanji not get rekt by his opponent not to keep up with luffy and zoro who their aim is to be strongest..

You too because you're just speaking in speculation if you think sanji could keep up with luffy and zoro..
Oda wrote Sanji keeping up with Luffy and Zoro without the Raid Suit pre time skip.

If Oda's intention was Sanji to fall behind Luffy and Zoro, but keep up with the "New World", he would not need to give him anything so drastically different compared to pre time skip as an added bonus independent of his own growth.

You only need to be mildy perceptive to understand that the Raid Suit's whole purpose is to be the answer to the question "Why doesn't Sanji fall behind when he trains and fights less? ".

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Sanji as a character is not someone that "will do anything for his ambition". His ambition will come from exploring the world, not from fights. Luffy and Zoro's dreams directly put them into confrontations.
The reason he fights, is to protect his friends. He does not think twice before jumping into an enemy attack to tank it and save someone else. Saving Usopp from Enel, going ALONE in the sea train to rescue Robin and Usopp, Taking Absalom hits so Nami wouldnt get hurt, charging against Kuma in rage after his friends started disappearing, even though he knew he had no chance, offering himself to Kuma, to protect the crew, even Zoro. Sacrificing himself going with Bege, saving Nami, Chopper and Brook there. Staying as a prisoner during Whole Cake to protect Zeff. Throwing everything away by relentlessly kicking his captain in the face, and telling the woman he most simps for to "stfu", so they could leave alive, while he would be the sacrifical lamb.
Even though, friendship is a theme for ALL the SH's, it is more flashed out for some, than it is for others.
Even if Sanji is strong, it's not his "thing" being THE strong character. That's more Luffy and Zoro area. That's why they constantly have moments to shine in combat, meanwhile Sanji have fewer, but it does not mean the character can't keep up with others. If Oda wants Sanji to solidify himself back to the fanbase as the third member of the monster trio, by using the Raid Suit, Oda will simply do it. He won't have Sanji going special training or whatever. The Raid Suit exists to replace all that, because the "i'm going to train and get strong" it's not his theme. Its Luffy and Zoro's.
And the "gap" between Zoro and Sanji only started to show from Punk Hazard onward.
Until Fishman Island, the M3 dynamic was exactly the same as it was before TimeSkip.

It's funny how pre Wano so many could not conceive Sanji getting a 1 vs 1 against a YC, and now some say he will "only fight Queen" as some sort of downplay as if that's a bad thing.

People put up these random barriers for his growth and then quietly backtrack.

Come the Final War him being a Top Tier and taking on an Admiral will be no more controversial than him fighting Queen this arc.

Ok, since we be using Bounties for power. Sanji > Zoro now. No need to reply, you've undermined your own point.
Oh lord, if i had just bet a tenner on that certain paragraph making someone get their panties in a bunch. Quite the politician marking words even though you grasp the jist of it, kudos! I'll try to be more stringent next time around. And this time i'll play along for a bit and diverge, please make sure to get back to me on further non-contexts you find in the content of the original post to make your point.

Perhaps I should have just wrote Lvl 3 vs Lvl 4? Or pointed out the simple fact that Mr1 is the only one out of all BW members that Crocodile bothered to bust out of Impel Down and made his right hand man in the new world? A man he was willing to battle Mihawk for? Or the fact that defeating Mr1 was a large reason behind Zoro getting his first bounty, the marines didn't bother that Sanji beat Bon Chan, did they?

Oh lord, if i had just bet a tenner on that certain paragraph making someone get their panties in a bunch. Quite the politician marking words even though you grasp the jist of it, kudos! I'll try to be more stringent next time around. And this time i'll play along for a bit and diverge, please make sure to get back to me on further non-contexts you find in the content of the original post to make your point.

Perhaps I should have just wrote Lvl 3 vs Lvl 4? Or pointed out the simple fact that Mr1 is the only one out of all BW members that Crocodile bothered to bust out of Impel Down and made his right hand man in the new world? A man he was willing to battle Mihawk for? Or the fact that defeating Mr1 was a large reason behind Zoro getting his first bounty, the marines didn't bother that Sanji beat Bon Chan, did they?
Hold up you do know mr. 1 was the only baroque works agent in impel down that wasn’t already freed right?
Also remember Bon clays ability is to pin his crimes on others. Bon was the only baroque works agent powerful enough to be that high in the business without a partner.
The marines didn’t bother with Bon Chan because the marines didn’t catch Bon like they did for mr. 1... they caught Bon later after he freed the other baroque works agents out of jail I get what point you’re trying to make but your arguments are terrible.

Bon Clay was getting away with making declarations as the King of Alabasta, of course he's going to be able to avoid getting a bounty increase for each and every one of the crimes he commits while using his Devil Fruit power.

His ability is so good the Straw Hats had to mark their arms to distinguish their own friends from him.