General & Others Is One Piece Overrated, Underrated or Fairly Rated

Thoughts on One Piece?

• Total voters
I'd give it a fairly rated. For every person who jerks it off as the story to end all stories, there's someone to counterbalance that by saying its unreadable garbage(that they still read every week)
A more apt comparison would be if there was someone saying the story is as bad as the movie "The Room" for evey person that says this shit is comparable to the LoTR books and Odyssey, which is obviously not the case as the latter way outweighs the former, if there even is anyone that actually believes the former to be true.

I woud say fairly rated, something overrated, some underrated. I sure One piece IS in league of its own compared to other shonens that i read. (Naruto, Bleach, MHA, SDS, FT, etc)
Man i guess i really need to watch this HunterxHunter everyone losing their shit over.

A more apt comparison would be if there was someone saying the story is as bad as the movie "The Room" for evey person that says this shit is comparable to the LoTR books and Odyssey, which is obviously not the case as the latter way outweighs the former, if there even is anyone that actually believes the former to be true.
Like Lee33 used to do, or the little group that gives 1 to every chapter?

Like Lee33 used to do, or the little group that gives 1 to every chapter?
Did Lee ever say that One Piece was more horrible than some of the worse written stories of all time? All I remember him stating was that One Piece got more and more horrible, and that Naruto was better. As for the "1/10" gang, maybe they simply think those One Piece chapters are horrible for One Piece/manga standards, whatever that may be. Doesn't really indicate that they believe the story to be on the level of the "Garbage Pail Kids" movie.

Fairly rated series.

It receives a fair amount of criticism for its plot conveniences, fake outs, fan service, sexism, mediocre to down right awful pacing, and cardboard character writing for most characters post time skip.

However, there's no doubt that a lot of its hype is highly warranted. How many stories can keep things interesting for 30 years straight, most of the other highly rated series are either the size of a Onepiece saga, or decline after the first few arcs. It is just incredibly difficult and special to keep writing a story, with an overarching plot and world size that massive while keeping plot holes at a minimum that the story still makes sense. Miura couldn't keep up with Berserk. Hunter x Hunter and Jojo follow a variety of storylines with no clear overarching plot. Full metal alchemist was probably the size of Enies Lobby. Chainsawman isn't as good in the 2nd half and it's little more than 100 chapters. It's is insane that Oda could keep up for 30 years straight and still deliver quality arcs like egghead and boss the manga charts. Don't compare a One piece arc with other series on it's own, every arc a small piece of a larger puzzle. And while post-time skip is full of questionable stuff, many of it, like character focus, is usually lost as a side effect of the story focusing on other aspects (I.e. world building)

People usually defend one piece by pointing at some imagined impact it had on the world of manga/anime. In this sense it is incredibly overrated, if one piece was never invented I don't see any reason to believe that the state of the industry would be any different.

There are plenty of manga, games and anime that did the exact same thing before one piece was invented. However, there aren't a whole lot of original tropes - if any - that one piece can claim to have championed but there are plenty that Oda took from other authors that came before him.

I think world building is the only significant thing one piece can claim to be top 3 at, but since most manga don't go down the world building route (at least not to a large extent) it was hardly a phenomenon. Plus there were still others e.g. pokemon/digmon/berserk/zelda/YYH that were already doing these things on a large scale before OP

Ye, hardly any flaws.
Like a meandering plots, characters that disappears to never come back.
Oh my Rubber Nen.
Oh my Offscreen powers regenerated.
Oh my sister that grants wishes that we didn't meet when we met ALL my family.
Oh my plot made on the spot.
Oh my Rubber Nen.
Oh my Offscreen powers regenerated.
What is the flaw in this?
Oh my plot made on the spot.
Oh my sister that grants wishes that we didn't meet when we met ALL my family.
be more specific

What is the flaw in this?

be more specific
The rubber nen that revives a dead character, and you ask me what is the flaw?
Chrollo disappearing from then manga and reappearing in the arena to have a 1v1 to fight hisoka and disappear again?
The sister of Killua who did not exist until she exist and only for the plotline of reviving Gon.
Many characters have no plot, no place in the setting, they exist onlt to do their own cool thing and disappear. Chrollo's motivations are weird and the spiders personality is discontinuous at best. Introduced and portrayed as lethal bloodthirsty mobster they are a bunch of semi-serious characters until they disappear drom the plot to have cameos.
Talking about cameos, Leorio.
Talking about a plotline that does not exist, what is the current plotline of HxH? The dark continent set up just for this saga?

Chrollo disappearing from then manga and reappearing in the arena to have a 1v1 to fight hisoka and disappear again?
The sister of Killua who did not exist until she exist and only for the plotline of reviving Gon.
Many characters have no plot, no place in the setting, they exist onlt to do their own cool thing and disappear. Chrollo's motivations are weird and the spiders personality is discontinuous at best. Introduced and portrayed as lethal bloodthirsty mobster they are a bunch of semi-serious characters until they disappear drom the plot to have cameos.
Talking about a plotline that does not exist, what is the current plotline of HxH? The dark continent set up just for this saga?
First, I won't re-read HxH in depth for this discussion because I don't feel like dealing with the cliffhanger.
One classic trope is faking death and then reviving later, reminiscent of Enel's method.
Kuroro not having much screen time can be considered a flaw, come on!
The Nanika and dark continents plot is something we all knew about even its not official reveal.
Chrollo's motivations are weird.
Kuroro's motivations were vaguely revealed in the last ten chapters.
Many characters have no plot.
How can you expect everyone to have a plot? It's ridiculous, right?
Leorio is in a similar situation as Kuroro. How does that count as a flaw? It's just that the author hasn't given him much screen time?
Yes, it's dark continent arc.

Except "underrated".
It could be any of them -

One piece stans would overrate it.
Haters would downgrade it.
One piece fans (more the veterans ones) would lost some interest due to quality drop over the past years.
Normal ppl would just enjoy the show.

Underrated shouldn't be an option to an already world wide popular show with stacked fanbase