Questions & Mysteries Is Shanks afraid of Eustass Kidd?

Is Shanks afraid of the "New Era"?

• Total voters
Oda know Kidd can't directly damage Shanks or his top commanders so he'd have Kidd damage the Shanks fleet through Magnetism which is not a difficult thing to do.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Dude, shanks pull out like Blackbeard did earlier in marineford. Fighting exhausted combatants just like BB did earlier. People think it is flex in shanks
part. If you look at other perspective he pull out

with his fresh crew against exhausted combatants. Very Dirty pirate indeed but people only think only BB do that not shanks. Also ganging up against kaido and king. Ganging up against greenbull. And now

ganging up against kids and killer?
Why his stans don't want to admit what he do is BB tier dirty? He is similar to Blackbeard than many people realise. Why one called badass and one called coward bitch??? Answer me. Is it handsome and cool tax??
Red Hair is worse than Blackbeard.
Blackbeard would never lose an arm to a fish.

Kaido didn't need to
Linlin didn't need to
Whitebeard only did to take on literally the other 2/3rds of the balance of power.
Blackbeard brought 2 of his weakest subordinates and Jesus to take down Law.

Shanks is the odd man out.
Shanks is alive, Kaido, Big Mom and Whitebeard aren't
I guess we should blame him for having a brain
no wonder you like Kid
having iq is not a factor for you
God, i really want to back Kid up against Shanks and all but all these Big Meme fans crawling back to lash out at him at the very moment he's about to fight is pathetic.

It makes me want Shanks to show mad feats just so they can kiss their ass goodbye and stay quiet forever.

As fun as it is to clown on Red Hair, by all rights Shanks is fully justified in bringing out his best to fight Kidd right now.

He doesn’t know what happened in Wano, all he knows is that Kidd is a 3 Bil berry bounty pirate who was part of the lead to beat Kaido and BM 3 vs 2.

Kidd isn’t a rookie pirate anymore he is an actual threat. Why would Shanks risk potentially losing his men and crew over half-assing an invasion by someone known for taking his two biggest rivals?

we find out that this region of Elbaf (if not the entire island) is so infatuated with Shanks that they want to pay him tribute, want to be taken out to see, find him incredibly handsome, et
they are mind-controlled by the snitch

same as luffy
Post automatically merged:

to answer the poll - idk if it's fear per se but this is how shanks feels about the 'new era':

edit: i think he feels distress.

Last edited:
God, i really want to back Kid up against Shanks and all but all these Big Meme fans crawling back to lash out at him at the very moment he's about to fight is pathetic.

It makes me want Shanks to show mad feats just so they can kiss their ass goodbye and stay quiet forever.
I only fear Shanks don't look as good as Roger :)
that's my only doubt

Shanks is about to smash

Rereading chap. #1076, it stuck out to me just how vast Shanks' forces were on Elbaf. Not only does Shanks have his individual strength + his powerful crew, he also has the allied and subordinate pirates with him as well. Essentially his version of the Grand Fleet.

And also... Very much like what Whitebeard came to Marineford with; The full force of Whitebeard's influence that he used to take on the Navy + Shichibukai.

And on top of having his Grand Fleet and Crew assembled on Elbaf, we find out that this region of Elbaf (if not the entire island) is so infatuated with Shanks that they want to pay him tribute, want to be taken out to see, find him incredibly handsome, etc. His ties to Elbaf go so deep that the world renowned and feared Elbaf Pirate Captains Dorry & Broggy call him a brother... And Shanks personally asked them to assist him in battle.

He's asking the Elbaf Pirates to help him out against Kidd... And if that wasn't bad enough, Shanks is still trying to deescalate the situation by bargaining with Kidd and using his overwhelming military might to intimidate him.

So Shanks has his crew at full power, his grandfleet and the Elbaf Giants all there ready to fight... Kidd and Killer. And he's still not willing to go right to fists, he's doing everything in his power to avoid a fight. Shanks has more power concentrated right now than Whitebeard had running into the War of the Best. Let me just rephrase that again.

Shanks' total strength > Whitebeard Pirates during Marineford and he still doesn't want to fight Kidd.

My only question left is one that Shanks himself has asked...

@Roo @ReggieZoldyck21 @rerere @Pantheos @Peroroncino @Read no Mi @Monkey D Theories @Shiroyru @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Albino 👑 @EtenBoby @Meeyori @Mr. Reloaded @Blackbeard @Erkan12 @Red Admiral
No way,Shanks has all the advantages for this battle.Kidd is the one that should be scared.

You don't use the minimum force required to win, you use everything at your disposal to maximize your chances of winning.
If you have the option to overwhelm the opponent, you take it...

Considering Shanks became a Yonko after losing the arm and that Oda didnt even intend for him to lose the arm in the first place (the editor wanted to make Shanks saving Luffy more dramatic), its likely missing the arm does nothing to detract from his strength
Pretty sure the idea of Shanks sacrificing his arm is something Oda came up with after being told the story wasn't exciting enough.
Oda had no intention that Shanks lost his arm, but after an editor told him that the story was not interesting enough, Oda decided to cut his arm off. ONE PIECE Grand Countdown 2 (2010)
Either way, the story we're reading today isn't the one where Shanks hadn't lost his arm.
It's the one where Shanks made a signficant sacrifice for Luffy.

Pretty sure the idea of Shanks sacrificing his arm is something Oda came up with after being told the story wasn't exciting enough.

Either way, the story we're reading today isn't the one where Shanks hadn't lost his arm.
It's the one where Shanks made a signficant sacrifice for Luffy.
Thats what im talking about. While ofc it has an impact on the plot w/ the Luffy and Shanks' relationship, it frankly did nothing regarding Shanks' strength. All of his major moments happened after he became a Yonko with 1 arm lol

I don't see shanks being even slightly intimidated by kid. If anything he doesn't want to hurt him or to have to kill him.

Shanks has no reason to fear the new Era.

It really makes no sense lmao.

One thing that may happen though, is Kid possibly pulling Luffy's CoC feat from Fishman Island and KO'ing a lot of the allied pirates.

This would possibly get Shanks to deem Kid worthy of challenging him to a 1v1fight, and while Kid might get stomped, he would still come out of there looking pretty decent without getting himself and his entire crew massacred by Shanks + Beckman + crew + giants + fleet.
You already deems kid worthy.

Thats what im talking about. While ofc it has an impact on the plot w/ the Luffy and Shanks' relationship, it frankly did nothing regarding Shanks' strength. All of his major moments happened after he became a Yonko with 1 arm lol
It did nothing to prevent Shanks *from becoming a Yonko*. Speculating that Shanks’ ceiling was higher but his sacrifice lowered it is completely fair.

There are similarities between Shanks and your boys
But the only difference is that Shanks will probably defeat all of Kidd's crew single handedly while Kizaru will stop against Zoro.:christnally: