Questions & Mysteries Is Shanks afraid of Eustass Kidd?

Is Shanks afraid of the "New Era"?

• Total voters

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Gonna cry?
Shouldnt have picked this fight, then.
Rip Kid.
In all honesty here.
While I have hope in kid winning and you all are not counting on that.
But you all know, this won’t be a one hit washing. Oda won’t to that on this stage with a 3B like kid. And comparing this alone with the trolling Kid received the last years here, this alone is huuuuge.

And what exactly does that have to do with being "afraid"? Shanks came to Marineford with way less force to face a much higher force than Kidd represents, challenging Navy, Schichibukai and Blackbeard pirates, with all parties agreeing to not messing with Shanks. Why are people capping so much when it comes to Shanks? Kid invaded his territory, Shanks told him to choose whether he leaves his Road Poneglyph behind and retreats or faces him. Note that,

1) Shanks said that he will fight Kidd if he doesn't retreat (setting up a 1 on 1 himself)
2) As @Garp the Fist stated, it is in character for Shanks to offer his foes a moment to reconsider fighting or facing the consequences, he did it multiple times.

As for Teach, he went on trial and error as he didn't know whose path he will cross, while his other commanders are on a mission of their own. Do you think that, if Law sailed right into Blackbeard's territory, he would've told his best forces to stay back?

Also love how you try to make it look like Shanks needed the help of the giants when we know Shanks actually did them a favor. Shanks is their sworn brother, they love and respect him. Being of help is of greatest honor to them. Given Shanks' power level is vastly superior to those two giants, how would they be of help to him?

What's next? Whitebeard asking pre skip Luffy and Buggy to lend him a hand in Marineford means Whitebeard can't do it on his own and is in need of their help?

:suresure:

In all honesty here.
But you all know, this won’t be a one hit washing. Oda won’t to that on this stage with a 3B like kid. And comparing this alone with the trolling Kid received the last years here, this alone is huuuuge.
Definitely not a 1 hit wash, but the problem is Shanks doesnt fight like Linlin. Hes not going to just facetank Kid's attacks.

For a character that has not been hit in this series once without purpose (i.e. he lost an arm for a reason), Kid has a lot to measure up to on actually hitting him first. Thats the issue here

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Definitely not a 1 hit wash, but the problem is Shanks doesnt fight like Linlin. Hes not going to just facetank Kid's attacks.

For a character that has not been hit in this series once without purpose (i.e. he lost an arm for a reason), Kid has a lot to measure up to on actually hitting him first. Thats the issue here
And Shanks spitting one drop of blood should instantly shut up all Kid haters of the last years.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
In all honesty here.
I know.
But we're in the "trolling zone" right now.

No time for "reasonable" takes.
:kuzanope:
Post automatically merged:

Just very funny that Shanks needs so much help to "reduce damages" to Elbaf.
Know what's funnier?

Kid delivering the Road Poneglyphs to Shanks in a silver platter and being taken out of the One Piece race.
:kobeha:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I know.
But we're in the "trolling zone" right now.

No time for "reasonable" takes.
:kuzanope:
Post automatically merged:

Know what's funnier?

Kid delivering the Road Poneglyphs to Shanks in a silver platter and being taken out of the One Piece race.
:kobeha:
It's going to be hilarious when Oda doubles down on the "New Era" theme and has Shanks defeated.