General & Others Is Shanks really the strongest Yonko and character in One Piece or has he been overhyped?

Is Shanks the strongest Yonko and character in One Piece?

• Yes he is

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • No he is overhyped

Votes: 79 79.8%

• Total voters

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
As ever, question of perspective.

Nothing in the series has ever implied he's the strongest character. So if people are saying that- which I don't think is actually a very popular opinion at all, certainly not here at any rate- then yeah, he's overhyped.

Howerver, I would say on the whole (again, based on this site, I don't really care about what anywhere else says) he's actually started to become quite underrated. Something I never thought would happen to him, tbh. Mostly due to the strange political machinations of the various factions of fanboys.

The case of Shanks vs Mihawk is a particularly curious and self defeating one where both fanboys spemd all their time trying to make the other seem like fodder trash. Which is incredibly self-defeating considering the links between the two. It would actually make more sense to wank both to high heavens as a super rivalry like Roger and Whitebeard.

As ever, question of perspective.

Nothing in the series has ever implied he's the strongest character. So if people are saying that- which I don't think is actually a very popular opinion at all, certainly not here at any rate- then yeah, he's overhyped.

Howerver, I would say on the whole (again, based on this site, I don't really care about what anywhere else says) he's actually started to become quite underrated. Something I never thought would happen to him, tbh. Mostly due to the strange political machinations of the various factions of fanboys.

The case of Shanks vs Mihawk is a particularly curious and self defeating one where both fanboys spemd all their time trying to make the other seem like fodder trash. Which is incredibly self-defeating considering the links between the two. It would actually make more sense to wank both to high heavens as a super rivalry like Roger and Whitebeard.
shuuush dont bring logic here man. ppl forget still today and most likey till the End of One Piece ShanksVsMihawk will be one of the biggest hype/feat for both char and Oda will always call back to these duels when hyping them. but fanbois will be fanbois. thinking by downplaying the opposition they are doing massive deeds for their Idols:gokulaugh:

Shanks has portrayal to be 1 of the strongest:

1. He inherited Roger's Straw Hat.
2. His sword Gryphon might a pair of sword that Rayleigh had in Oden's flashback (In Oden's flashback he had 2 swords and 1 of them resembled Gryphon).
3. Luffy said he would fight Shanks the last among all the yonko he targeted and the next enemy is usually stronger than the previous one.
4. Luffy said he would surpass Shanks crew.
5. Clashed with WB who was hyped by Sengoku and Garp.
6. Stopped the war in MF.
7. Blackbeard after got gura gura no mi said he was the strongest man in MF but he said it was too early for him to fight Shanks crew.
8. Probably has one of the best CoC. Oda hyped his CoC in SBS.

I think he is one of th strongest. Might be top 5.
This.

Oda clearly wants him to seem the strongest. I'm just afraid that Oda won't know how to deliver the hype he himself set. :catsweat: