General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meruem surviving the way he did was pretty trash, but for that Komugi/Meruem scene, it was absolutely worth it.
I don't think his survival was trash. It, after all, advanced the story and served the characters properly, unlike the survival in, say, Fairy Tail, which felt cheap almost every time it happened (one of the reasons I dropped the Manga not long after the Grand Magic Tournament).

Heck, I think Meruem's survival was more acceptable than some of OP's, like Pell's or Pound's.

Vagabond is a gift from God, i absolutely love this manga, it's beautiful in soooo many different ways.

Inshun v Musashi is still one of the best duels I've ever read/watched in any fictional story.

Consider me a Vagabond wanker
:steef:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
It comes down to personal taste but i think HxH and Vinland Saga are way above OP and rest of Shounen
MHA is a tie for me. But considering the way it is going it may just very well be better
Dr. Stone is a wildcard. I absolute love that manga and cant get enough of it. It is still fresh so it is a long way to go in order to judge it as best

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been a passive reader of this forum and also was a passive reader in OJ for years, and never commented on anything.
So I'll take my chance if you guys let me to give an opinion or two in this thread.

Well, I've been reading this manga ever since I was 14 and I'll be 31 this year.
For me, one piece has its own unbeatable qualities than any other manga.
First of all : the world building, with so many different cultures, ethnicities, races on it, so many factions and kingdoms and each of them have its own unique custom, tradition, and history. Just like a reflection of our real world. Of course with some touch of fantasy here and there from Oda to make it more interesting to read. It's no secret that Oda took reverences from real history, real culture, famous fairy-tale from all over the world. And for me, it is just brilliant.
Second, there are so many interesting characters in one piece, a lot more than other manga, even stories ever written. Not to mention that Oda do a great deal of effort to make back-stories for a lot of characters to make us know them and understand them better. Wich is rarely found in any other mangas or stories. Again, this is just brilliant.
Third, In my opinion, one piece has been realistic in it's own way. For example, let's take a look on the strawhats, it's a simple reminder for us that one man cannot do anything by himself, we need others to complete each other : luffy as a strong leader but don't know how to cook, how to shoot, how to navigate, how to fix ship, etc. That's why he needs people like Sanji, nami, Franky, ussop, chopper, etc. Some of them might not be a very good fighter, but they certainly the best at what they are passionate about, and yea they can handle themselves, even if it's by running from strong enemies. They just complete each other perfectly, thus make the best crew ever. Another example : the fights against Yonkou, it's perfectly normal that they won't solo those yonkou. The strawhats has just sailing for three years, while those yonkou, had already wrecking havoc since 40 years, not to mention that they are the strongest among the strongest. I mean, how can you expect to surpass Einstein after only 3 years of studying physics in the university? While some genius might surpass some professors, but Einstein?
Last, the small details of one piece is also something to be recognized. How he draw every character based on real life public figures, even some buildings in the manga are based on real buildings or famous paintings, also names of places, and characters this shows how much knowledge Oda has in a lot of area. And I haven't mention about the each devil fruit possible ability, crew alphabets patterns, gorowase, admirals names and colors, etc. All of these interesting details are clearly put by Oda to leave us rooms to make unlimited theories about this manga, wich sometimes, makes it even more interesting than the manga itself.
So overall, for me one piece will be the best manga ever.
And if you allow me, a newcomer, to give a simple reminder to all of one piece fans out there then I would say that you guys need to understand that this manga is not all about fighting, wich I believe a lot of people in this forum often forgot.
Anyway I won't deny tho that pre-ts is better than the post one.
I still want to write a lot of things but I won't bother you with more opinions on my behalf. And ofc, everyone have their own opinions wich I respect greatly.

PS: for other manga, Kingdom is a must read :)
And sorry for my English. It's my 4the language :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been a passive reader of this forum and also was a passive reader in OJ for years, and never commented on anything.
So I'll take my chance if you guys let me to give an opinion or two in this thread.

Well, I've been reading this manga ever since I was 14 and I'll be 31 this year.
First of all : the world building, with so many different cultures, ethnicities, races on it, so many factions and kingdoms and each of them have its own unique custom, tradition, and history. Just like a reflection of our real world. Of course with some touch of fantasy here and there from Oda to make it more interesting to read. It's no secret that Oda took reverences from real history, real culture, famous fairy-tale from all over the world. And for me, it is just brilliant.
Second, there are so many interesting characters in one piece, a lot more than other manga, even stories ever written. Not to mention that Oda do a great deal of effort to make back-stories for a lot of characters to make us know them and understand them better. Wich is rarely found in any other mangas or stories. Again, this is just brilliant.
Third, In my opinion, one piece has been realistic in it's own way. For example, let's take a look on the strawhats, it's a simple reminder for us that one man cannot do anything by himself, we need others to complete each other : luffy as a strong leader but don't know how to cook, how to shoot, how to navigate, how to fix ship, etc. That's why he needs people like Sanji, nami, Franky, ussop, chopper, etc. Some of them might not be a very good fighter, but they certainly the best at what they are passionate about, and yea they can handle themselves, even if it's by running from strong enemies. They just complete each other perfectly, thus make the best crew ever. Another example : the fights against Yonkou, it's perfectly normal that they won't solo those yonkou. The strawhats has just sailing for three years, while those yonkou, had already wrecking havoc since 40 years, not to mention that they are the strongest among the strongest. I mean, how can you expect to surpass Einstein after only 3 years of studying physics in the university? While some genius might surpass some professors, but Einstein?
Last, the small details of one piece is also something to be recognized. How he draw every character based on real life public figures, even some buildings in the manga are based on real buildings or famous paintings, also names of places, and characters this shows how much knowledge Oda has in a lot of area. And I haven't mention about the each devil fruit possible ability, crew alphabets patterns, gorowase, admirals names and colors, etc. All of these interesting details are clearly put by Oda to leave us rooms to make unlimited theories about this manga, wich sometimes, makes it even more interesting than the manga itself.
And if you allow me, a newcomer, to give a simple reminder to all of one piece fans out there then I would say that you guys need to understand that this manga is not all about fighting, wich I believe a lot of people in this forum often forgot.
I still want to write a lot of things but I won't bother you with more opinions on my behalf. And ofc, everyone have their own opinions wich I respect greatly.

Welcome!! Post more, please :fullmom:

N

NeutralWatcher

Welcome aboard. Another Kingdom fan nice.

I agree Kingdom is a good manga along with One Piece. There is Kingdom section here if you are interested to join the discussion.