Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Zoro is a fighter where Sanji is a chef. His big moment at WCI was making the cake... but he didn't sit in the background on a third string plot until it it was time to bake. Comparing Zoro's relevance in Wano to arcs where other characters were most relevant puts him at a disadvantage. It's not over but with there being so many characters due their screen time it's not great. We've been sitting on the Usopp Haki plot for years, Franky should have some new tricks up his sleeve, Brooke and Chopper vowed to get stronger, and the other freaking Yonko is obsessed with getting her weapon back from Nami. Sure those might be smaller, but they add up and realistically Zoro will have to take third place given the Auction Trio and Scabbards vs Orochi plots to begin with.

His connection isn't that deep. Not until it somehow is discovered and matters to anyone besides Kotetsu that the Shimotsuki geezer fled to his hometown, or that he obtained Shusui by Ryuma's spirit or its own choosing. I was all excited to see him "lead the samurai" and right now it's a nod from Kawamatsu and the possibility that Denjiro was impressed by nerfed Zoro putting up a decent fight. You mention stats for his swords but I care more about his character and so far I'm just not impressed with what's going on.
Zoro having his own adventure and story in Wano that leads him saving Hiyori equals to him sitting in the background. Wow, ok. You just continue to overlook and discredit the importance of Zoro in Wano.

Like I said, Wano is a big era so the manag will focus on alot of characters. But that won't take away the focus Zoro will receive. Even though Law received a huge amount of focus in DR that didn't stop the manga from focusing on the straw hats at times. No, I'm not talkin about Luffy.

Zoro connection you wanna is really deep, much deepening than you want to acknowledge. Zoro basic swordsmanship style comes from Wano and his most precious sword was created by a blacksmith from Wano that also happen to be the same person the created Zoro's newest sword, enma. That's deep.

It doesn't stop there. Like you and I have both said, Zoro is a fighter and Sanji is a chef. We all saw how Sanji's cooking skills played a major role in WCI. Same the is going to happen in Wano, Zoro fighting skills/strength who played a major role. Once again, he shines the most in battle and Oda has been preparing us for that since the very beginning of Wano. Yes, you missed it.

What happened to Zoro when he was first introduced in Wano. He was captured by samurais and told to commit suicide. He didn't and instead defeated the evil Magistrate. Yeah, Zoro did impress them with his strength/skills but that wasn't the most important part Oda was trying to show us. What was more important was a wanted poster of Zoro being created and posted. The purpose behind that was to make the samurais more familiar with Zoro's face. That way when the main battle starts they will recognize him easier.

That's just an example of the small detail Oda puts in his manga that will serve a bigger purpose later. That's not the first time he's done that. Another example of that is the people from Yasuie's village noticing that Zoro carries three long swords. That will allow samurais to easily recognized him during a heavy battle. Both of those will have a direct connection to Zoro fighting in battle.

Zoro will receive more focus.

Whole Cake Island was Dressrosa 2.0, not pre-Wano. The Curly Hat crew didn't get their chance to shine (after Doflamingo attacked their ship they escape), so Oda gave them a chance to shine in WCI.

He was the "focus" simply because he didn't get a chance to shine in Dressrosa.

I feel when Oda hyped WCI as Sanji's arc. He meant it as we know more about Sanji and his past. It had nothing to do with shining the most or being the most impressive.....as he was outshined by people like Brook and Nami. It was just that he would be the most developed.

Zoro has no promises but this is an arc of swordsman. This is his last chance to show how much of a fighter he is. If he flops, its over for him as a character.
:luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Oda rather show Luffy beating fodder than show Zoro, so no this obviously isn’t Zoro’s arc :milaugh:
:luffylaugh::luffylaugh::luffylaugh:

He never promissed it, but come on...

Its an arc about samurai land, where ryuma was born, and with deep ties to Zoro's village and swords.
:kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

I feel when Oda hyped WCI as Sanji's arc. He meant it as we know more about Sanji and his past. It had nothing to do with shining the most or being the most impressive.....as he was outshined by people like Brook and Nami. It was just that he would be the most developed.

Zoro has no promises but this is an arc of swordsman. This is his last chance to show how much of a fighter he is. If he flops, its over for him as a character.
Zoro already got feats VS a yonko and he will be getting more, he will not get pushed to the side of "his own arc" just to bake a fucking cake.
:suresure: