News Jump Festa 2022

@Tejas Oda pairing Franky and Jinbe again :eeke:

I think that at EoS, the SHs will divided into duos (except Luffy) power level-wise.

Luffy
Zoro and Sanji
Yamato and Usopp (I think Usopp gets a massive powerup in Elbaf and surpasses Yasopp)
Franky and Jinbe
Robin and Brook
Nami and Chopper
It's always been:
Luffy
Zoro and Sanji
Nami and Usopp

Not sure with the significance of Franky and Jinbe pairing... All I know is that it's because they're both huge, an aesthetic pair, like Nami and Robin...

Oda's favorite thing to draw is party scenes, and he hasn't done one since Punk Hazard, and even then it wasn't a huge one. I'm pretty sure that's what he is excited to draw.

A Country deprived of food for so long, finally getting to sit down and eat a massive meal, with Momonosuke proudly claiming that Wano's borders are now open at the very end.
Post automatically merged:

Oda's main problem (well, more like his story's main problem) is his actual success.

He can do whatever he wants and nobody dares to say criticism into his face.

Some artists need that and Oda is clearly one of them.

Take Prince for example. He came up with his best work when people behind him criticized him and gave him some clear deadlines etc.

Once he was so successful and those people were gone, he wrote his songs freely without any pressure or review (like Oda is doing now) and it was a desaster. Way too long, overcomplicated nonsense.
Not completely true. Oda said he wasn't planning on, nor did he care to do anything big for chapter 1000, but with the criticism from the editors, he had to. Because of it, by chapter 980, he was struggling to figure out where he was going to take the story for that chapter. Roofpiece happened, because Oda needed to make chapter 1000 a big one.

So the editors do have more input in the manga than we actually think.

Last edited:
People know that.

However, they are also getting tired of it, especially when you see how Oda always starts arcs nicely, then loses his plot by trying to draw too much unnecessary stuff and in the end it gets an incredibly poorly paced mess.

Happened in Dressrosa, happened in WCI and is happening now.

Oda isn't learning from his mistakes. That's one of his biggest problems (same thing with his hesitation to write any kind of consequences for his characters).

Of course he owns non of us anything and he can do whatever he wants, but its no coincidence that most (older) longtime readers are pretty disappointed with most recent arcs, especially post-skip. It's due to some very rational and understandable reasons.

Everyone knew it wouldn't fail.

Morj thinks of Oda as a way better writer than he actually is.

Oda only has one blueprint that he knows how to write. He has used that same blueprint for every single major arc so far.

Why would it be different this time?
:endthis:
BRO...

GET THE FUCK OUT with your dirty ass
On another note: That whole "fire festival raid" will be the biggest failure for our protagonists in the history of the series.
Not only is it basically already guaranteed to fail in the end (act 3 will be like Infinity War and act 4 will be Endgame), now even their whole preparation for it is already in shambles.
:kata:

No offense, but in what world do we get 230 chapters in 5 years?
Oda has done ~38 chapters per year for quite a while now and this number is steadily decreasing. That means 190 chapters at most in five years.

It's not nearly enough imho. Wano alone has three acts left, including the entire story conclusion, all of the fights and a huge chunk of flashback, too. That means at least 80 chapters are reserved for Wano alone.

So you would have around 100 chapters after Wano to finish the entire manga (fourth road ponegliff, Elbaf, finding Laugh Tale, fight against Blackbeard, Void Century reveal, lead up to the final war, the final war against Imu and the WG itself, the final conclusion of the manga).

It just doesn't add up. Seven years is the minimum imho.
Post automatically merged:

In no way Wano ends next year. Absolutely impossible.
Oda does ~38 chapters per year, that would mean the entire third, fourth and fifth act of Wano would last for ~38 chapters. That's ridiculous. The flashback is still going on, the raid of Onigashima (which is destined to fail btw), the actual final battles and the whole resolution of the story will take at least around 80 chapters, which means two full years at minimum.
:odenugh:
Well, yes, but it's not like this was a deduction masterpiece or anything.

Don't get me wrong, Morj is a good OP youtuber.

However, anyone, who thought a bit about the current "Raid on Onigashima" situation and how Oda usually writes his big final standoffs, should've come to the same conclusion.

There was absolutely no way they defeat Kaido & Co. on Onigashima, without anyone of the oppressed Wano citizens witnessing this historic victory.
:kaidowhat:
I’m actually concerned for Oda’s competence at this point.

Why is he surprised how long Wano is taking when it’s literally his fault for introducing so many unnecessary plot points.
What people don't seem to understand is that 1. He's glib, irreverent, and humble enough to speak modestly. He doesn't try to convince you of anything, he's speaking candidly.

2. Plotting and drawing are completely different. He can't possibly plan down to each panel, which affects page count, which affects pacing. Can you imagine having to draw the money shot on King for one example and realizing that It's not grand enough so you have to revise the details and shit? Or you come to the end of Killer vs Hawkins and realize well shit, they're minor but that needs a spread too.

:endthis:
BRO...

GET THE FUCK OUT with your dirty ass

:kata:

:odenugh:

:kaidowhat:

What people don't seem to understand is that 1. He's glib, irreverent, and humble enough to speak modestly. He doesn't try to convince you of anything, he's speaking candidly.

2. Plotting and drawing are completely different. He can't possibly plan down to each panel, which affects page count, which affects pacing. Can you imagine having to draw the money shot on King for one example and realizing that It's not grand enough so you have to revise the details and shit? Or you come to the end of Killer vs Hawkins and realize well shit, they're minor but that needs a spread too.
Wow, you really were so obsessed with me that you had to search and dig for 2+ year old posts? :D

I stand by that posts, as only two of them were really flawed. I didn't foresee Onigashima being moved in the air so that everyone in the Flower Capital could see the Luffy vs Kaido finale and I expected Oda to be better than doing his usual copy-paste bs. I overestimated him again back then, but I won't make that mistake ever again.

Yes, my opinion changed a lot those past 2 years.

I was still one of those delusional homers back then, talking myself into Oda being a much better writer than he actually is.

All that while I knew deep down that he will just pull off the same old shit again.

Wow, you really were so obsessed with me that you had to search and dig for 2+ year old posts? :D

I stand by that posts, as only two of them were really flawed. I didn't foresee Onigashima being moved in the air so that everyone in the Flower Capital could see the Luffy vs Kaido finale and I expected Oda to be better than doing his usual copy-paste bs. I overestimated him again back then, but I won't make that mistake ever again.

Yes, my opinion changed a lot those past 2 years.

I was still one of those delusional homers back then, talking myself into Oda being a much better writer than he actually is.

All that while I knew deep down that he will just pull off the same old shit again.
All I had to do was type "raid fail" and click on your name. Easy. I just knew you were full of shit because you always bash Oda for writing a weak and predictable story, then don't admit being wrong when you clearly are. Anyone who's reading knows that the raid will fail? Gtfo lol

All I had to do was type "raid fail" and click on your name. Easy. I just knew you were full of shit because you always bash Oda for writing a weak and predictable story, then don't admit being wrong when you clearly are. Anyone who's reading knows that the raid will fail? Gtfo lol
Dude, you are literally the biggest Oda cocksucker on this forum and don't even realize how pathetic you are.

Get a life man.

I even said that I was wrong and expected too much from Oda back then.

We all knew that him writing his usual copy-paste bs would very likely happen, but after the Onigashima setup not even I expected him to actually turn an interesting setup (raid away from the actual island etc.) into his usual boring standard formula without any twists/stopgaps once again.

If you need some kind of comfort because me and many others here speak the truth about Oda's storywriting, just say it. We're here for you.

Dude, you are literally the biggest Oda cocksucker on this forum and don't even realize how pathetic you are.

Get a life man.

I even said that I was wrong and expected too much from Oda back then.

We all knew that him writing his usual copy-paste bs would very likely happen, but after the Onigashima setup not even I expected him to actually turn an interesting setup (raid away from the actual island etc.) into his usual boring standard formula without any twists/stopgaps once again.

If you need some kind of comfort because me and many others here speak the truth about Oda's storywriting, just say it. We're here for you.
Larry, that would be fine if you did "speak the truth" but the problem is that you didn't. You say that clearly, it will fail because Oda is too predictable, and then you say that clearly it will not because Oda is a bad writer. What? If you say he's a bad writer that's cool, but if your reasoning sucks then no. I am amused by how you try to turn this around. Your personal insult is lighter than a feather, I won't mind at all if you throw those into all your lame explanations about how you're right about something you got wrong.

Also, "storywriting" isn't a real word and a cocksucker would probably be that guy who makes threads on the masterpiece status of each arc. Most of us here just enjoy the shit we spend hours talking about.

Larry, that would be fine if you did "speak the truth" but the problem is that you didn't. You say that clearly, it will fail because Oda is too predictable, and then you say that clearly it will not because Oda is a bad writer. What? If you say he's a bad writer that's cool, but if your reasoning sucks then no. I am amused by how you try to turn this around. Your personal insult is lighter than a feather, I won't mind at all if you throw those into all your lame explanations about how you're right about something you got wrong.

Also, "storywriting" isn't a real word and a cocksucker would probably be that guy who makes threads on the masterpiece status of each arc. Most of us here just enjoy the shit we spend hours talking about.
Good Lord, if you really think OP is a storywriting masterpiece you simply enjoyed some very lackluster education.

Unfortunately you're unable to understand even simple explanations.

Yes, OP is predictable as fuck. The problem was that me and quite a few others knew that two years ago, too, but were too naive (still had hope) and proud (big homers) to actually admit the arc will most likely play out as really every single OP arc before it.

That's everything there is to it. We knew how it would end, but claimed otherwise because of homerism and hope.

Gladly most of us here let that teenager phase behind us and can now objectively judge Oda's writing.

Good Lord, if you really think OP is a storywriting masterpiece you simply enjoyed some very lackluster education.

Unfortunately you're unable to understand even simple explanations.

Yes, OP is predictable as fuck. The problem was that me and quite a few others knew that two years ago, too, but were too naive (still had hope) and proud (big homers) to actually admit the arc will most likely play out as really every single OP arc before it.

That's everything there is to it. We knew how it would end, but claimed otherwise because of homerism and hope.

Gladly most of us here let that teenager phase behind us and can now objectively judge Oda's writing.
Larry, did I say that I was the one claiming masterpiece status? How do you pretend to be a valid critic of written words if you can't read critically? I understand that English isn't the first language for many here but you have to attend the task id you want to really make a point. You can't say something is bad because of what you get wrong, and that is literally the opposite of being predictable. You didn't even hedge the bet, you made it sound like the obvious conclusion. It's amusing that you will die on this hill.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Do I need to call a mod here?

Play nice or I know a guy that can stop you from playing at all :endthis:

Larry, did I say that I was the one claiming masterpiece status? How do you pretend to be a valid critic of written words if you can't read critically? I understand that English isn't the first language for many here but you have to attend the task id you want to really make a point. You can't say something is bad because of what you get wrong, and that is literally the opposite of being predictable. You didn't even hedge the bet, you made it sound like the obvious conclusion. It's amusing that you will die on this hill.
I love the passive-aggressive stance you show on full display here (all while you pretend to be calm and collected).

So childish and cringeworthy.

You really think starting sentences with "Larry,..." or coming up with "I know English isn't the first language for many" makes you look dominant or in charge here?

You just look even more like a clown (not that this wasn't your image here in the first place).

I don't need to resort to such pathetic weasel methods. I say it straight to your face what you are.

You are a clown with a mediocre intellect, yet a massive dunning-kruger syndrom.

That's all I have to say to you. Cheers.