Speculations Kaido is also Rocks?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Ironic, considering nothing (literally nothing!) about this thread post was related to Zoro. You should be asking what has Zoro done to you, you can't stop talking about him:kobeha:

@Bounty as I live and breathe. We just talked about people doing this not 2 hours ago lmao. Then they try and gaslight you into thinking it's your fault for bringing up Zoro lmao
First Lunaria, now Bounty... They cant help you...
Not ironic whatsoever. Thanks to Zoro I live rent free in your head and you think "Nik scouring spoiler threads to beat me like its some dick measuring contest. If/when he does: "i won, i really won "...

Zoro got you pressed, son... You instantly feel challenged and in competition as soon as any Zoro fan responds to you...

First Lunaria, now Bounty... They cant help you...
Not ironic whatsoever. Thanks to Zoro I live rent free in your head and you think "Nik scouring spoiler threads to beat me like its some dick measuring contest. If/when he does: "i won, i really won "...

Zoro got you pressed, son... You instantly feel challenged and in competition as soon as any Zoro fan responds to you...
Keep typing words. Really helping your case right now:arnoling:

No, you are out of arguments.
And I just saw this part:

You have defeated yourself with this, you are completely aware that I didnt say Kaido is Rocks and are only coping and lying in every response after that trying to sell things you said as something that I said... As creditless as ever. What Zoro does to a man... :crazwhat:
Lmao are you fucking kidding me? What part of this was about Zoro? Imagine being THIS into a fictional character:gokulaugh: Do you do this in real life too? Guy cuts you off on the freeway "fuck, do you hate Zoro that much":milaugh:

It's sad, it's so sad. The fact that even you yourself think your personality is so much based on Zoro that anyone who disagrees with you must hate him. And then you have the audacity to say OTHER people are obsessed with him when they aren't even talking about him. For God's sake man, get a life. Have an original thought that's not about your husbando:kailaugh:

The arc is already messy enough. I believe the Rocks duo was the answer to Oda’s lurking legend bit.

In terms of the mystery surrounding Rocks, I believe it’s mainly a way to delay revealing that Luffy is basically going to be the new Rocks that actually manages to succeed.

Rocks was a conqueror of conqueror’s, and no one else really fits at this point besides Luffy. He has Katakuri & Yamato under his belt as children of the former Rocks pirates, and I believe that Weevil will follow as another conqueror.
Then there are allies like Kidd & Hancock that are also conqueror’s, and even Don Chinjao.
Blackbeard doesn’t and will likely not have anywhere near the same number of conqueror’s following him, unless half or more of the Titanic Captains turn out to have CoC.

Another possible link I think may be Dragon. Dragon could be associated with all that jazz in some way. Imagine if Rocks had the same tattoos, or maybe even the same devil fruit.
Kaido including Rocks in the people that Luffy reminded him of would be made more substantial.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Implying you tried to compete in the first place:jay-he:
Pretty sure my 2nd response on this thread is clearly saying that I am wondering why you are making it into the competition while it wasnt my intention... I guess the "too slow" pressed you hard? Seems like you are competing with ghosts here...
Lmao are you fucking kidding me? What part of this was about Zoro? Imagine being THIS into a fictional character:gokulaugh: Do you do this in real life too? Guy cuts you off on the freeway "fuck, do you hate Zoro that much":milaugh:

It's sad, it's so sad. The fact that even you yourself think your personality is so much based on Zoro that anyone who disagrees with you must hate him. And then you have the audacity to say OTHER people are obsessed with him when they aren't even talking about him. For God's sake man, get a life. Have an original thought that's not about your husbando:kailaugh:

The arc is already messy enough. I believe the Rocks duo was the answer to Oda’s lurking legend bit.

In terms of the mystery surrounding Rocks, I believe it’s mainly a way to delay revealing that Luffy is basically going to be the new Rocks that actually manages to succeed.

Rocks was a conqueror of conqueror’s, and no one else really fits at this point besides Luffy. He has Katakuri & Yamato under his belt as children of the former Rocks pirates, and I believe that Weevil will follow as another conqueror.
Then there are allies like Kidd & Hancock that are also conqueror’s, and even Don Chinjao.
Blackbeard doesn’t and will likely not have anywhere near the same number of conqueror’s following him, unless half or more of the Titanic Captains turn out to have CoC.

Another possible link I think may be Dragon. Dragon could be associated with all that jazz in some way. Imagine if Rocks had the same tattoos, or maybe even the same devil fruit.
Kaido including Rocks in the people that Luffy reminded him of would be made more substantial.
I actually love the idea of Dragon being related to Rocks (i.e. his son). I've heard some cool theories about how after Rocks lost, both Garp and Roger took abandoned children from God Valley. Roger took Shanks/Buggy as babies, and Garp took in Dragon and changed his surname to "Monkey D. Dragon" from "Rocks D. Dragon". Essentially the reason why Garp empathized with Roger on taking care of Ace was because he did the same for Rocks.

If you think about it, Luffy oddly doesn't seem to have a direct connection to a pirate in his lineage. Both his grandfather and father are not. But what if Dragon was Rocks' son? What if Garp actually had a daughter? Dragon also acts very different from Garp and Luffy and is far FAR more serious.

Maybe this all further has something to do with Shanks and Blackbeard? Rocks D. Luffy rolls right off the tongue:suresure:

Idk, random thought.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty sure my 2nd response on this thread is clearly saying that I am wondering why you are making it into the competition while it wasnt my intention... I guess the "too slow" pressed you hard? Seems like you are competing with ghosts here...
Let's post them in order/context so theres no confusion shall we?

1. You being petty in my thread about how your "thought" of something like this first a month ago:

2. My response to you, clearly in retort of your nonsense showing you that i have very old posts on this idea from 2020:

3. Your "2nd response", somehow illustrating your confusion or pure lack of understanding what was going on at the time.
Then the rest is history with you trying to "1 up" me with older comments not even related to the thread and shit spiraling into what it is now: somehow about Zoro because you brought him up

But no, not petty at all:usoprice:

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I actually love the idea of Dragon being related to Rocks (i.e. his son). I've heard some cool theories about how after Rocks lost, both Garp and Roger took abandoned children from God Valley. Roger took Shanks/Buggy as babies, and Garp took in Dragon and changed his surname to "Monkey D. Dragon" from "Rocks D. Dragon". Essentially the reason why Garp empathized with Roger on taking care of Ace was because he did the same for Rocks.

If you think about it, Luffy oddly doesn't seem to have a direct connection to a pirate in his lineage. Both his grandfather and father are not. But what if Dragon was Rocks' son? What if Garp actually had a daughter? Dragon also acts very different from Garp and Luffy and is far FAR more serious.

Maybe this all further has something to do with Shanks and Blackbeard? Rocks D. Luffy rolls right off the tongue:suresure:

Idk, random thought.
Post automatically merged:

Let's post them in order/context so theres no confusion shall we?

1. You being petty in my thread about how your "thought" of something like this first a month ago:

2. My response to you, clearly in retort of your nonsense showing you that i have very old posts on this idea from 2020:

3. Your "2nd response", somehow illustrating your confusion or pure lack of understanding what was going on at the time.

Then the rest is history with you trying to "1 up" me with older comments not even related to the thread and shit spiraling into what it is now: somehow about Zoro because you brought him up

But no, not petty at all:usoprice:
Zoro fan told me too slow, Zoro fan petty.
Challenge accepted, must win a competition that doesnt exist.
Must project and pretend that Zoro fan said Kaido is Rocks...
What a single "too slow" from a Zoro fan does to a man...

I want to preface that I didn't have the time to make this look nice with images/sourcing, etc. There's probably more or less to this and others can support or refute the idea in the comments. Sorry for the wall of text in advance.

So this is a weird theory I've been sitting on for a while, and im certainly not the first person to think it, but I feel like its worth posting about before we know what happens to Kaido in the coming weeks.

I think its reasonable to assume Kaido will get hit by Luffy's punch. 1047 has set this up pretty much and with the resolution for Momo and the lanterns requires pay off. However, whatever happens after this is is certainly up for grabs. There are multiple theories and agendas being pitched for it (ZKK, Oars type fights, awakening, etc) and anything can happen, for sure.

The realist in me thinks it's probably almost over (to avoid being disappointed with my headcanon), but the idealist wants certain things to happen like everyone else.

That theory is this: I personally don't think Kaido's awakening is directly occurring, but it's possible he may have another "form" so to speak. That being the question: is Kaido potentially " housing" Rocks somehow?

So of course I know this sounds completely batshit saying it out loud, but it's something I truly can't get off my mind at this time. There are some things that "seem" to support the idea of Rocks being a present threat (i.e. the person, not the crew), which I'll outline below, but really it's up to all of you to let me know what you think.

1. Oda teased the Lurking Legend and it being related to Whitebeard (i.e. probably Rocks), as well as being the hardest enemy Luffy would face yet.

This is the bread and butter of the whole thread. I still do not understand Oda's words here. The Lurking Legend comments in 2017, prior to Wano:

Now one argument can be made that this is supposed to be tied to the endgame or tied to Im. It possibly can be, but whats bothering me is Oda specifically says it's tied to Whitebeard, which seems to discount Im unless Im is potentially Rocks himself and not hundreds of years old (though I don't personally agree with this theory).

However, depending on what you take from this post, you may come to a different conclusion about Rocks.

2. The lack of a Kaido flashback of that time period when Rocks fell.

Its been 140 chapters, and Kaido's past still as not been addressed. We got the "loosest" of hints during 957, and again in 1041, and yet still nothing on the "supposed end" to Kaido.

However, I'd say the lack of a FB at this point is almost purposeful in the end. Why wait this long? What is it about Kaido's flashback or Rocks' fate that is so secretive? This leads to....

3. Lack of discussion/references to Rocks' actual fate.

Big Mom in chapter 999 only mentions the fall of the crew. Sengoku doesn't actually say "death" of Rocks, just that he's "no longer in this world". Is the man dead or alive?

4. Oda, editors, and anime directors saying Wano's ending is "surprising".

Even one anime director (either on accident or purely jumbled words on translation) saying Kaido isn't the "final" enemy of Wano.

Editors have gone on record mentioning that the ending is "unexpected" by One Piece standards (I assume).

5. Kaido seemingly knowing he's not Joyboy in direct comments he's made to Luffy and King

Heres a weird one. Years prior, it seems thar Kaido himself was surprised by King's words, but clearly in the present to Luffy, he also does not believe hes Joyboy. However, Kaido is still very confident that he's the man who can/will change the world. Why is this? What does this signify? @Bounty especially has a lot of evidence that shows this, but it's VERY odd that none of it still has yet to be addressed in a fight climax.

There are other things like Garps initial comments about Rocks (that seem to imply a bigger deal than just 2 Yonko teaming up, which we know now didnt even combine their crews), or the fact that that the group is still hyped/teased even though most members are dead.

Like when you take these things at face value, it seems weird that none of this has been directly addressed by the manga. The oddest thing to me that Rocks is this largely hidden character that is tied to the arc's major villain who is seemingly about to "lose" or be taken down. Why hasn't his face been shown yet? What is the surprise/twist with Rocks? Why hasn't his fate been discussed? Why is the flashback on God Valley still largely hidden? Does this have more to do with the endgame or Wano itself?

I'm really not sure, I know there is a large gap in understanding how this could even work. Could BM have been involved with her soul powers? Does Rocks have hidden powers? What would be the purpose?

Again, I think "Kaido" is going down soon regardless (be it this punch or something else that's effective soon after), but is it possible that "Rocks" becomes the viable threat after this for Luffy? Could Kaido's FB happen at this point to show a "twist" on Rocks' fate? Would "Rocks" continue to care about Wano? Would he leave? Would Luffy fight Rocks here and now? Could he?

Not something I subscribe to, just a weird thought I had regarding the fate of these 2 characters. Have at it lol.

Tldr: Rocks returning could be far less metaphorical and more literal. The easiest (and weebiest) example I can think of is this:

I have a similar idea regarding Blackbeard instead of Kaido. I think Blackbeard is actually Rocks, like literally Rocks who has taken over his body. I will finish this with this panel...

Zoro fan told me too slow, Zoro fan petty.
Challenge accepted, must win a competition that doesnt exist.
Must project and pretend that Zoro fan said Kaido is Rocks...
What a single "too slow" from a Zoro fan does to a man...
Again with the Zoro stuff:milaugh: Why are you so insecure about Zoro? You have to yell about ZKK halfway through an unrelated argument for no reason and you keep bringing up Zoro and accusing paperchampion of hating him. Bro, you're the only one talking about Zoro here:gokulaugh: It's okay, your husbando will still love you even if you talk to another human being about something besides him for a few minutes:suresure:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Again with the Zoro stuff:milaugh: Why are you so insecure about Zoro? You have to yell about ZKK halfway through an unrelated argument for no reason and you keep bringing up Zoro and accusing paperchampion of hating him. Bro, you're the only one talking about Zoro here:gokulaugh: It's okay, your husbando will still love you even if you talk to another human being about something besides him for a few minutes:suresure:
Why are you so pressed by Zoro, man? :kobeha: