Rules Kingdom General Discussion

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
They're both STR 93 in the data books but I have zero doubt Rin Ko is the more skilled fighter with far more experiencing cutting big men down to size - pause - than Shou Mou has smashing midgets. Pause.
Shoumou was shown crushing a dude wearing a helmet with his bare hand, that's actually something I think only Houken and one of either Rozo or Zenou has done.

I agree with the headcanon/speculation he could have been a real martial powerhouse but was a big fish in a small pond at the time of death.

Shoumou was shown crushing a dude wearing a helmet with his bare hand, that's actually something I think only Houken and one of either Rozo or Zenou has done.

I agree with the headcanon/speculation he could have been a real martial powerhouse but was a big fish in a small pond at the time of death.
I believe Shou Mou was a highly skilled warrior in addition to being a powerhouse.

Rin Ko was just the better, smarter, more skilled, tested and proven warrior.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
I believe Shou Mou was a highly skilled warrior in addition to being a powerhouse.

Rin Ko was just the better, smarter, more skilled, tested and proven warrior.
i don't think he was just a brute, but in terms of actual experience against real strong warriors I think he had almost none.

Even against say, Batei/Shiryou level dudes he didn't have any.

I don't think his skill was anything special is what I'm saying

i don't think he was just a brute, but in terms of actual experience against real strong warriors I think he had almost none.

Even against say, Batei/Shiryou level dudes he didn't have any.

I don't think his skill was anything special is what I'm saying
Naturally, there are levels to this, and Shou Mou wasn't too impressive in the grand scheme of things.

He was, nevertheless, acknowledged as a dangerous foe by Ou Ki's vassals. I think that counts for a lot, considering what they must've seen and experienced in their time.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Naturally, there are levels to this, and Shou Mou wasn't too impressive in the grand scheme of things.

He was, nevertheless, acknowledged as a dangerous foe by Ou Ki's vassals. I think that counts for a lot, considering what they must've seen and experienced in their time.
I always thought what Rinbou(?) said about him was weird. He allegedly saw Ouki fight against Renpa, Earl Shi, Prime Gyou'un but really thought Chinese Mr. Clean was too dangerous...

Shoumou is definitely somewhere in between an average general class fighter, and Heavenly King fighters. Solidly in the middle, got slightly powercreeped but is decently up there.

Out of curiousity, what's your top 10 Zhao martial ranking excluding Houken?

I always thought what Rinbou(?) said about him was weird. He allegedly saw Ouki fight against Renpa, Earl Shi, Prime Gyou'un but really thought Chinese Mr. Clean was too dangerous...

Shoumou is definitely somewhere in between an average general class fighter, and Heavenly King fighters. Solidly in the middle, got slightly powercreeped but is decently up there.

Out of curiousity, what's your top 10 Zhao martial ranking excluding Houken?
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Hara uses hyperbole and exaggeration as a crutch.

For instance, wouldn't you agree Rin Bou overestimating Shou Mou's abilities relative to Ou Ki is truly no different than Sou'Ou comparing Ji Aga to Mou Bu?

Whatever Shou Wou was, however, he was decidedly far above average, that's for certain. I think he was in a tier half a step below Heavenly King level.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Hara uses hyperbole and exaggeration as a crutch.

For instance, wouldn't you agree Rin Bou overestimating Shou Mou's abilities relative to Ou Ki is truly no different than Sou'Ou comparing Ji Aga to Mou Bu?

Whatever Shou Wou was, howerver, he was decidedly far above average, that's for certain. I think he was in a tier half a step below Heavenly Kill level.
yes I would agree. It's realistic and I actually like that Hara includes inaccurate statements. It's realistic and less annoying than everyone knowing anything.

Though the Shoumou thing is weirder. Sou'Ou likely has never seen Moubu at all, much less seen the man swing his weapon. Rinbou's seen Ouki fight in dozens of conflicts. He should be leagues more credible, but I'll just check it out to him being worried Ouki would be rusty idk