Current Events Kuzan Is A Contender For One Piece - Why Oda Doesn’t Care About Swordsmen

"Meanwhile Mihawk has no goals or ambitions at all regarding supremacy or greatness" Except that he already achieved supremacy and greatness in the Realm he spent his life pursuing, Swordsmanship. You're looking at a character who has already achieved their goal. And that itself is a Kingly ambition. And he reigns supreme within that ambition. That is why he told Zoro he will Await him at the pinnacle. And so if he has any goal at all, it would be merely maintaining his position at the top. Now I don't need to go into all the information we have about Mihawk reigning supreme above all swordsman and waiting for someone who will end his boredom because that should be common knowledge. ofc being a moron who doesn't read, you let that fly over your head.
Sure, but there is a difference between being at the top in a specific fighting style and reigning over the world. Hence Mihawk said that becoming PK is a feat greater than surpassing himself (let alone being on par). Mihawk specifically said that he doesn't like the heat and would prefer to live in peace.

Sure, but there is a difference between being at the top in a specific fighting style and reigning over the world. Hence Mihawk said that becoming PK is a feat greater than surpassing himself (let alone being on par). Mihawk specifically said that he doesn't like the heat and would prefer to live in peace.
Oda said " I think he joined the Warlords because it was peaceful, at least in the sense that he wasn't chased by Marines" peace in terms of not being chased by marines, that doesn't mean he doesn't like heat, in fact he's asking for it, he wants a challenger

These are your contenders for the Raftel War:

This is what Oda envisioned from the start of the manga. You have Luffy, Saint Pranks, Buggy, and Blackbeard, the four most important living pirates,

You have the current Marines represented by Akainu, the future of the Marines represented by Koby, the Revolutionaries represented by Dragon and Sabo, the Celestial Dragons represented by Imu and Garling, and whoever tf the silhouette is supposed to be.

But why is Kuzan here? We know that Kuzan has his own justice and his own ambitions:

We also know that Kuzan wants to live his own way:

And we know that Kuzan has some kind of greater goal that he is pursuing. This just goes to show how important Kuzan is in Oda’s mind, and how Kuzan isn’t just some Yonko commander.

You know which Yonko commander isn’t present in this panel? That would of course be Buggy the Clown’s lackey Dracule Mihawk:

So what’s hilarious is when Zoro fans argue that Mihawk, and far more hilariously, Shiryu are somehow more important to the plot of this manga than Kuzan is.

Sword fans are trapped in this hallucination that Oda cares more about fucking sword lore than he cares about the search for One Piece, the mysteries of the world, and the 900 year war.

Fujitora went all of Dressrosa with a supreme grade Greatsword, but in Oda’s mind this was not relevant information to the actual plot of the manga.

Oda revealed Zolo’s lineage in an SBS. Didn’t give enough of a shit about who Zolo is or where he came from other than to tease that Zolo was a descendent of Ryuma.

And now we’ve reached the EOS where Oda is more excited to tease Saint Pranks’ unnamed brother than he is to tease Mihawk’s participation in the final war. So this begs the question:

Legit, what fucking manga are sword clowns reading? Zolo is a side character who has, on two occasions, completely disappeared from this manga for years at a time. Sword lore is irrelevant, that shit is SBS material. Zolo’s lineage? Who cares. Not Oda.

There are clowns who actually think Zolo is the deuteragonist. The fucking secondary main character. Name me a single series where a fucking deuteragonist disappears for literal fucking years.

We know Luffy’s father and grandfather because they are major main series characters. Meanwhile if not for a deluded Zolo fan flailing in an SBS, Oda wouldn’t have revealed any members of Zolo’s family outside of Ryuma a thousand years ago.

It’s time for Mihawk fans to give up hope. Zolo is a side quest, no more important than any other straw hat and their dream.

And look, the Admirals are side characters too. There’s no delusions from Admiral fans on their importance. You don’t have Admiral stans arguing that Koby or Smoker are deuteragonists lmfao. They fill a particular roll in the story and that’s it. Just like Zolo. He fills a side roll and that’s it.

Mihawk was never a contender for One Piece and never will be. He is a side quest with a side quest’s level of importance and relevance, just like Zolo and his entire story.

@SakazOuki @Kurozumi Wiwi @The White Crane @Wuuuke @silverfire @scoobie3 @AkainuTheGrimReaper @Apollo @Admiral Mou Bu @ZenZu @Extravlad @kurwa @haxxor @EmperorKinyagi @Blackbeard @Owl Ki @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Sentinel @Tyki_Mikk @Veku @Mr. Tuna Sandwich @GoldDiamond @Dragon777 @Weeman @Cadis Etrama Di Urek @Djordje @BaboonMihawk @Negan @The Buddha @Djordje @Germinator @DarkestKnightofSpoilers
Ain't nothin' more pathetic than someone sucking the toes of anti-sword goons for brownie points
Even funnier since Issho is a swordsman, but you're so focused on getting revenge on the Zoro fans that clowned you that you can't even think straight
Embarrassing thread

Powerscaling aside, I'm just glad that this confirms Oda does consider Kuzan to be his own character wit his own goal and ambition distinct from BB and BBP. I never thought he'd go down as a antagonist and my belief is now even stronger.
Ok, but powerscaling wise, the traitor is always weaker than the number 2 of the organization though.
Daz Bones > Nico Robin
Pica, Vergo > Corazon
King > X Drake
Katakuri > WCI Jinbe / Bege / Pudding

This keeps becoming worse and worse for Kuzan > Shiryu squad @Lee Ba Shou @SakazOuki @The Buddha
Although it should have been obvious since recent YC1 colorspread.

Ok, but powerscaling wise, the traitor is always weaker than the number 2 of the organization though.
Daz Bones > Nico Robin
Pica, Vergo > Corazon
King > X Drake

This keeps becoming worse and worse for Kuzan > Shiryu squad @Lee Ba Shou @SakazOuki @The Buddha
Smile Topi

Daz Bones > Nico Robin
Pica, Vergo > Corazon
King > X Drake

:goyea:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Daz Bones > Nico Robin
Pica, Vergo > Corazon
King > X Drake

I have never seen someone who drank the kook aid this hard lmfao

Ryokugyu wiping his ass with Ling the toilet paper really destroyed Zoro fans beyond repair lmfao

I have never seen someone who drank the kook aid this hard lmfao

Ryokugyu wiping his ass with Ling the toilet paper really destroyed Zoro fans beyond repair lmfao
At least try to debunk what I said lol

Why are you celebrating at the fact "ok Kizaru is actually traitor he has own agenda" while at the same time, for 1100+ chapter the traitor is always weaker than the 2nd guy of the crew?

Daz Bones > Nico Robin
Pica, Vergo > Corazon
King > X Drake

@Topi Jerami tbh I didn't even think Shiryu could be above Kuzan until you made that point but I can kind of see it now
It's not unlikely since Zoro's opponents are always very strong, King was arguably the strongest YC1 besides maybe Beckman and Shiryu could be a step above King.
I guess we'll have to wait until Hachinosu to see the matchups since it depends both on Shiryu's feats against Zoro and Kuzan's matchup (if he fights Sanji then he's definitely below Shiryu since Luffy's matchup > Zoro's > Sanji's is almost always the pattern, but if he fights Koby then the matchup pattern won't matter for the Shiryu vs Kuzan debate).

@Topi Jerami tbh I didn't even think Shiryu could be above Kuzan until you made that point but I can kind of see it now
It's not unlikely since Zoro's opponents are always very strong, King was arguably the strongest YC1 besides maybe Beckman and Shiryu could be a step above King.
I guess we'll have to wait until Hachinosu to see the matchups since it depends both on Shiryu's feats against Zoro and Kuzan's matchup (if he fights Sanji then he's definitely below Shiryu since Luffy's matchup > Zoro's > Sanji's is almost always the pattern, but if he fights Koby then the matchup pattern won't matter for the Shiryu vs Kuzan debate).
Kuzan gonna fight Jinbe.
Main theme of Blackbeard arc is overcoming Straw Hats' weakness
Luffy depending on DF too much vs Blackbeard that can negate DF
Zoro always has problem dealing damage against opponent's special gimmick vs Shiryu that can turn into nothingness
Jinbe the water vs someone that can instantly freeze water. Who fights using martial art and fist too, it is Jinbe not Sanji.

So yeah Zoro's opponent > Jinbe's opponent. Should have been obvious already since colorspread but we know some people are biased.

They called me crazy for saying Kuzan was Garp but on steroids. Garp tier puncher but with god tier Logia ontop of it.

Student always surpasses master remember that. Prime Kuzan is > Prime Garp. Just as Prime Akainu is, Kuzan is Akainu's nigh equal. No chance Akainu is weaker than Prime Sengoku at the very least.
The C3 are probably the best fighters the Navy has ever had. Garp The Marine Hero might still be a more iconic name in the eyes of the OP world, especially due to the legends of his matches against the Pirate King himself. Even if the C3 doesn't have stories quite as iconic to tell, the strenght level they reached is probably the peak. They're equipped the perfect tools you'd want for a death match.

The C3 are probably the best fighters the Navy has ever had. Garp "The Marine Hero" might still be a more iconic name in the eyes of the OP world, especially due to the legends of his matches against the Pirate King himself. Even if the C3 doesn't have stories quite as iconic to tell, the strenght level they reached is probably the peak. They're equipped the perfect tools you'd want for a death match.
Trying to slip Kizaru in there I see…