Future Events Long Live ZKK

How likely is ZKK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
My point in that sentence was that Kaido's influence as a Yonko, as a major power of the world at large, is far more important than him being a dragon. Zoro killing him wouldn't just be a cool symbolic parallel with Ryuma's legend, it would be him irreversibly becoming a top threat in the eyes of the whole world after killing one of the four emperors.

Even if in the eyes of the reader Luffy was the one who did most of the work, Zoro killing Kaido carries way more weight for the people of Wano, for the entire world, which would result in him upstaging Luffy even if all he did was land the finishing blow.

We can't really compare this to Gin technically landing the final blow on Krieg, Kaido has far more importance than that. If ZKK were to happen, it would be a flashy event at the top of the flower capital where all the people below could see it (Zoro wouldn't just cut the head off of someone who is aready unconscious); and thanks to Drake and CP0 being there it would result in the news of the event spreading through the world immediatly after.

Kaido is too important of a figure to be killed by Zoro.
Except anything zoro does is automatically luffys hype.

Except anything zoro does is automatically luffys hype.
Not if Zoro literally kills one of the most powerful political figures in the world by himself while Luffy doesn't.
At that point the goverment can't be like: "Roronoa Zoro killed Emperor Kaido, what a stunning victory by his captain Straw Hat Luffy!"

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Not if Zoro literally kills one of the most powerful political figures in the world by himself while Luffy doesn't.
At that point the goverment can't be like: "Roronoa Zoro killed Emperor Kaido, what a stunning victory by his captain Straw Hat Luffy!"
Yes that's exactly how it goes. That's how it's gone ever since he joined. Whatever he does luffy gets the hype as his captain.

Yes that's exactly how it goes. That's how it's gone ever since he joined. Whatever he does luffy gets the hype as his captain.
Because Luffy always takes out the leader of their opposing group and gets the recognition for it in the news. The only way Zoro killing a Yonko would just be shrugged as a Luffy accomplishment is if the news decides to not mention who killed him and just says Luffy won.
But the people of Wano, Sword, CP0 and everyone else present there would know.

Zoro killing him wouldn't just be a cool symbolic parallel with Ryuma's legend, it would be him irreversibly becoming a top threat in the eyes of the whole world after killing one of the four emperors.
This is what Oda is gunning for with the Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer, and Law. They are the leaders of the new generation. They are meant to be established as top threats.

This is what Oda is gunning for with the Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer, and Law. They are the leaders of the new generation. They are meant to be established as top threats.
And killing Kaido would firmly put Zoro above the rest. I don't see people gunning for Law or Kidd killing Kaido.

i have my reasons for believing this, but i feel like i won't be satisfied with the way it's gonna happen

it'll be something like this (warning: spoilers for attack on titan chapter 137)

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
My point in that sentence was that Kaido's influence as a Yonko, as a major power of the world at large, is far more important than him being a dragon. Zoro killing him wouldn't just be a cool symbolic parallel with Ryuma's legend, it would be him irreversibly becoming a top threat in the eyes of the whole world after killing one of the four emperors.

Even if in the eyes of the reader Luffy was the one who did most of the work, Zoro killing Kaido carries way more weight for the people of Wano, for the entire world, which would result in him upstaging Luffy even if all he did was land the finishing blow.

We can't really compare this to Gin technically landing the final blow on Krieg, Kaido has far more importance than that. If ZKK were to happen, it would be a flashy event at the top of the flower capital where all the people below could see it (Zoro wouldn't just cut the head off of someone who is aready unconscious); and thanks to Drake and CP0 being there it would result in the news of the event spreading through the world immediatly after.

Kaido is too important of a figure to be killed by Zoro.
This has the same energy as @Celestial D. Dragon's: "Zoro can't kill Kaido because he would become too famous" argument.

My response to that:
I don't find this a compelling argument at all. My intuitive response is literally "so?".

Like your argument is essentially: "Zoro can't kill Kaido because if he does, he'll become famous".
:choppawhat:

I don't see the issue with Zoro becoming famous:
  • Zoro's dream is explicitly tied to fame:
    • He promised to become so great that his name will reach the heavens.
  • Zoro's equivalent in the Roger Pirates was very famous:
    • He is the "Dark King".
    • He is a legendary figure so renown that his infamy surpasses even the Yonkou.
  • Zoro's predecessor in Mihawk is well renown:
    • He is the current World's Strongest Swordsman.
    • He rose to fame even before the Great Pirate Era.
  • Zoro's predecessor in Ryuma was of unparalleled fame.
    • He was the strongest swordsman and strongest man of his era with the epithet King.
    • He was the Guardian of his country and stood alone against all the armies of the world.
    • 800 years later, the Marines still stays away from Wank because of the strength of their Samurai.
    • He forged several legends with slaying a Flying Dragon being just one — albeit the most iconic — of them.
    • He was a mythic figure that was posthumously christened "God of the Blade" and his remains and sword a holy relic and national treasure to the people of Wano.
This is who Zoro is. This is who Zoro will exceed. This is who Zoro must surpass.

And you're really trying to argue that Zoro can't kill Kaido because killing Kaido will make him too famous?!?!

My God, that's a terrible argument.

After Wano, Zoro must become famous. Zoro needs to leave Wano more famous than the likes of Kidd and Law.

In fact, I would advance an argument that's the exact opposite of what you presented: "Zoro must kill Kaido so that he acquires the infamy necessary to become the Right Hand Man of the Future Pirate King".

Beating King wouldn't cut it.
Scarring Kaido wouldn't cut it, as if Kaido is defeated and imprisoned, giving him a new scar would never become news.

Gaining fame/infamy is just another reason Zoro needs to kill Kaido.

P.S: If Zoro kills Kaido, Oda would credit both Zoro and Luffy for Kaido's defeat and not Zoro alone (see Dressrosa), so Zoro wouldn't actually overshadow Luffy anyway.
Like all varieties of this argument are terrible. As an argument, this is horrendous. Zoro is going to leave Wano very famous and renowned, maybe even more infamous than Kidd and Law (Rayleigh is much more infamous than the Yonkou after all).

Any variety of "Zoro will become too famous" is based on a fundamentally flawed premise.

And killing Kaido would firmly put Zoro above the rest.
No, it doesn't do that at all. You're somehow finding a way to make the feat of Luffy defeating Kaido in a 1-on-1 seem inconsequential when it's one of the biggest feats imaginable.
I don't see people gunning for Law or Kidd killing Kaido.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant Killer instead of Kid since Kid Killing Kaido is a theory that has been around for quite some time, not as popular as Zoro Killing Kaido but it's still something.
The reason why no one thinks Law or Killer will kill Kaido is that nothing so far in Wano has suggested them being the ones to kill Kaido.

Once Wano is over, there is a very good chance that the ones attributed for the defeat and death of Kaido are Luffy and Zoro while the ones attributed for the defeat of Big Mom are Kid, Killer, and Law.

Once Wano is over, there is a very good chance that the ones attributed for the defeat and death of Kaido are Luffy and Zoro while the ones attributed for the defeat of Big Mom are Kid, Killer, and Law.
Defeating Kaido would be already quite a feat, given what we are seeing right now with Luffy's continual struggle against Kaido.

I don't BM being defeated in wano. We haven't even seen her bleed yet since WCI. So it would be unimaginable to see her getting defeated this early.

It's incredible because the ppl that supports ZKK have at least some kind of proof mostly thru foreshadow, they are at least posting fairly good points (and panels to support those points). And then we get to the other side who just uses 3 arguments. "Luffy is the MC", "Zoro can't do something that outshines Luffy" and the recent "Zoro will become too infamous". I am still waiting to see a good point against ZKK.

It's incredible because the ppl that supports ZKK have at least some kind of proof mostly thru foreshadow, they are at least posting fairly good points (and panels to support those points). And then we get to the other side who just uses 3 arguments. "Luffy is the MC", "Zoro can't do something that outshines Luffy" and the recent "Zoro will become too infamous". I am still waiting to see a good point against ZKK.
That's not really fair though, there's not much one can say against ZKK besides just not believing that it'll happen because it's much harder to find evidence or foreshadowing that something WON'T happen in the future.

Zoro is capable of killing Kaido so any other argument against it is pure speculation or intuition for how we think the story will go.

If i said i think Kidd will kill Shanks in the future i bet many people wouldn't believe it, but would there really be any conclusive argument or evidence against it besides just how we think the story will unfold?
It COULD happen so at that point it'd be just us sharing our viewpoints on the story.

I think it’s a fair comment to for folk to say ZKK is just a step too far for them and puts Zoro above Luffy- which just won’t happen.

We are talking about something that would be a massive, massive change in formula. It would be the biggest shock Oda would have written since Ace was killed. The two actually follow quite a similar pattern- the setup for Ace dying was all there, but because it‘s One Piece and no one dies, it still came as a huge shock. Especially since it came after Luffy had seemingly won and freed Ace.

That’s why the framing of it is so important, for it to happen, it must be shown that Luffy beating Kaido is still the bigger achievement, the main story.

But the idea of ZKK cannot be dismissed outright the way, say, the idea of of Zoro killing Blackbeard can be dismissed. The set-up for it to happen is there, we’ll just have to see if that set-up is followed up on. Kaido being a character who is built around death, the Ryuma legend, Zoro using Oden’s sword, this idea that the war is not over until Kaido or Luffy is dead- this isn’t wild conspiracy stuff, it’s things that are openly laid out in the manga.

I think it’s very clear that Kaido will die. The question then is who is the one doing the killing, and of the characters currently on Wano, only Zoro and Big Mom really stand out as characters you could really say Oda would allow to kill him. And I think the way the story has went Zoro is more likely than Big Mom.

Now sure, if something like Blackbeard showing up looking for a Zoan DF to complete the set then yeah, that would be a complete game-changer, but as things stand we can’t really say that’s something that is being setup.

Credit to @Mehmet on Discord. He figured out all of this, I'm just putting it together.

If you care about One Piece numerology, this could blow your minds.

OP Color Spread 929: Zoro is carrying a sickle/scythe weapon. And Nami is carrying a machine/Gatling Gun pointing it in front of Zoro (similar to that of Queen).
  • Chapter 937/8: Zoro defeats Kamazou. [8/9 Chapters Later].
  • Chapter 997: Zoro destroys Queens Gatling Gun. [68 Chapters Later].
OP Color Spread Chapter 937: Zoro has a map with the Kanji for Enma.
  • Chapter 955: Zoro receives Enma from Hiyori and tests it out. [18 Chapters Later]
OP Chapter 992 Color Spread: Zoro is eating a bowl of Ramen on it. Next to him we see 3 empty bowls. Zoro is eating the fourth bowl which has the Seiryu Dragon painted on it.
  • Chapter 1001: Zoro attacks Kaido with/without haki and does nothing. [Hit #] [Bowl 1]
  • Chapter 1003: Zoro attacks Kaido with Kalasutra Dragon Twister and it makes him Bleed. [Hit #2] [Bowl 2]
  • Chapter 1010: Zoro attacks Kaido with Asura and it scars him. [Hit #3] [Bowl 3]
  • Chapter 10XX: Zoro beheads Kaido. 4 in Japanese is Shi which means death, coincidentally the bowl Zoro is last eating from. [Final Lethal Hit #4] [Bowl 4]
But wait, there's more. Now to dig a bit deeper.
  • Chapter 1000: Zoro meets Kaido for first time. [8 Chapters since 992]
  • Chapter 1001: Zoro first attempts to cut Kaido. [9 Chapters since 992]
  • Chapter 1010: Zoro awakens CoC and permanently scars Kaido. [18 Chapters since 992]
The trend is 8 or 9, 18, 68 chapters for these events to occur after the Color Spreads are released. In essence, manga events DO in fact correlate with previous Color Spreads.

Theory is: A hypothetical case can be made for Zoro killing Kaido in chapter 992+68 = 1060. Zoro will behead Kaido during Dawn (as the sun rises) on Chapter 1060, unless new information is presented.

If you guys have anything else to add to this theory, it would be much appreciated.
If you have anything to debunk this with, it would be much appreciated.

Again ALL CREDIT IS TO @MEHMET ON DISCORD

Side theory. According to @spawn, chapter 1056 would be 400 chapters since Zoro slaying the dragon on Punk Hazard. This is also a good case for the ZKK moment. Given that Asura was a 500 chapter later event, it's not farfetched to think it would work the same way for the second beheading of a dragon.

@bennbeckman @Jew D. Boy @Light D Lamperouge @Cinera @Krusher1357 @Don DaSlayer @Cross_Marian @Lone Laguna Espada @sneko @Luffy bin Dragon @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @Den_Den_Mushi @KiriNigiri @Guan Yu @ShishioIsBack @Aknolagon @T.D.A @nik87 @HA001 @Fenaker @Seth @Natalija @stairs-kun @Oblivion @Zowo @MarimoHeado @Marimo_420 @Orojackson Refugee @LadyVados @Ice devil slayer @TheKnightOfTheSea @yj @Finalbeta @stormylife @playa4321 @Biff @Xdrake @solis @mly90 @Peroroncino @kumae @matt245 @wereng99 @the rest of the Zoro cartel.......etc..........

:finally:

Last edited: