Chapter Discussion Luffy needs a prosthetic wing because one of them is broken.

Should Sanji be compared to Zoro or Luffy when discussing strength still?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 73.9%

• Total voters
the problem is that you guys expect to much from sanji. I will say it again
Luffy > Zoro>Sanji

Luffy midd diff zoro if he goes all out and zoro mid diffs sanji if he goes all out. Meaning fluffy can low of neg diff sanji if he goes all out

What's the takeaway from it is

Luffy goes G5 and oda glorifies it

Zoro use new technique and oda glorify it

Sanji uses his strongest technique and mode together and Oda made Luffy tanked it along with Bonney and Franky attacks with no fucks given...

Thats embarassing
And you think this is new? Oda treats Sanji poorly ever since the timeskip. The nosebleed in FI, the leg crack in PH, the oneshot in DR, outsmarted in Zou, the defeats in WCI, trapped in Onigashima.

There's a pattern to this. That Ifrit scene is no different.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
And you think this is new? Oda treats Sanji poorly ever since the timeskip. The nosebleed in FI, the leg crack in PH, the oneshot in DR, outsmarted in Zou, the defeats in WCI, trapped in Onigashima.

Yes it's new - a new low.

Never oda treated sanji strongest move/technique like a meme and in comparison to mid trio SH Franky and Bonney only to be brushed aside by Luffy as if it's no big deal

Yes it's new - a new low.

Never oda treated sanji strongest move/technique like a meme and in comparison to mid trio SH Franky and Bonney only to be brushed aside by Luffy as if it's no big deal
That's because the story wants it to be like that? The scene needed is that there's enough force to fling the Elder so far away.

If Ifrit HM damages Luffy, Luffy got hurt, then fail to fly the Elder, would the fandom praise Sanji's AP to be good? No, they will blame Sanji for messing things up.

Besides, if you think it positively, that's a feat instead, not a new low. His attack generates enough power to help Luffy fly the enemy, where previously Luffy's attack only fly an Elder not so far.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
That's because the story wants it to be like that? .
Then what's the point of debating because everything comes down to plot anyway

That's because the story wants it to be like that? The scene needed is that there's enough force to fling the Elder so far away.

If Ifrit HM damages Luffy, Luffy got hurt, then fail to fly the Elder, would the fandom praise Sanji's AP to be good? No, they will blame Sanji for messing things up.

Besides, if you think it positively, that's a feat instead, not a new low. His attack generates enough power to help Luffy fly the enemy, where previously Luffy's attack only fly an Elder not so far.
It's not what he did but how it got portrayed.

Sanji's best technique got showcased along side Franky and Bonney for Luffy to brush it aside as no big deal..

It is very much different since this is supposed to be hype for sanji

oda literally thought there was nothing wrong with sanji dishing out his ultimate along with franky
this is not even hate from him , this is straight up how he sees sanji as a power level guy

Then what's the point of debating because everything comes down to plot anyway

It's not what he did but how it got portrayed.

Sanji's best technique got showcased along side Franky and Bonney for Luffy to brush it aside as no big deal..
Fans can still discuss/debate/talk 5W1H something happens, but it must follow/based on principle(s). Otherwise it'll be a mess.

In this case, the scenario is "fling an Elder with a bounce", then the "bounce" must happen.

So here, in order for the bounce to happen, even if you add 10 Garp punching at Luffy, you must accept that Luffy won't be injured and fail to bounce.

Hence why gauging/scoring Sanji's attack on Luffy is pointless, because Luffy will still take/tank it anyway, no matter how strong Sanji is.
Post automatically merged:

It is very much different since this is supposed to be hype for sanji

oda literally thought there was nothing wrong with sanji dishing out his ultimate along with franky
this is not even hate from him , this is straight up how he sees sanji as a power level guy
To me it's still a hype for Sanji, he (greatly) assists in flinging an Elder.

Yeah. The treatment for Ifrit HM is questionable, but then it's more on Oda rather than it's on Sanji. For some reason the fandom (once again) blame Sanji instead of Oda.

Also, to me, it can still be a good thing. This Ifrit HM only took 2 panels. No prep, no flashback scenes, no angry Sanji expression.

It could either mean, Ifrit HM can be spammed (2 panels and happens), or Ifrit HM isn't Sanji's strongest move (no solo panels).

In fact, all Finishers/strongest move from a character is never done in a combo. Ie: Bajrang Gun isn't done in combo, Ashura isn't done in combo.

Last edited:

If a full power ragnarok and other full momentum advCoC shots to the head from Hybrid Kaidou were getting memed on and couldn't shed a single drop of blood, what made you think Sanji would do something against a Fuusen enhanced G5?

The only bad look for Sanji this chapter was his move being wasted on a group project, not outdoing Kaidou's attacks is ok.
Kaido’s ragnarok knocked Luffy out of g5
It wasn’t irrelevant

Zoro is at YC+ level. Luffy is Yonko-level. Zoro is not close to Luffy. If Luffy were to go against his entire crew, he would still win. If you ever wanted an example of how far Luffy is above the rest of his crew in Gear 5, he told them to go all out in hitting him, and he just gave an "ow". Random attacks from Kaido got more of a reaction from him in Gear 5.

Zoro and Sanji are relative.

Zoro has always been closer to Sanji, and Egghead isn't any different. The strongest enemy in any given arc is usually in a completely different league of strength than their #2 and #3, so Luffy beating them while Zoro and Sanji handle the #2 and #3 should make it pretty clear who Zoro's closer to.

A battle between Zoro and Sanji is an extreme diff fight. Just because Zoro has better AP doesn't mean the battle is any less than extreme. If Zoro has AP, then Sanji has speed. It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't land a hit on your opponent.

Just compare both interactions against Nusjuro: Sanji was able to blitz Nusjuro, while Zoro was simply not able to do the same even with Jinbe's help. Then we also have the fact that Sanji casually reacted to a light laser from Kizaru, while Zoro admitted he couldn't block a laser.

Zoro will eventually come on top since he will land attacks at some point (and also due to ACOC), and then Zoro will turn it into an extreme difference for him instead of a 50/50 on who wins. But Sanji, to that point, would've already landed several kicks on Zoro, which would've done massive damage to him.

It's extreme diff no matter how you see it. Zoro wins, but it's very close.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
? Not a single drop of blood, memed on with an ouchie...use common sense Luffy reached his stamina limit at that time. Did he suffer this magical internal damage that Oda didn't bother to show? Attributing him exiting G5 solely due to Ragnarok is not only headcanon, it's illogical.

This is how Oda draws Luffy getting knocked out of a state
Not whatever the hell that was. And we've seen Death Destroyer TB rock G5 Luffy, so don't say it's some G5 exclusive thing where he's taking no damage and suddenly got knocked out of his state, Ragnarok simply didn't do any meaningful damage it was never presented to do so, Luffy was running on fumes.

Dunno about y'all but I loved Lanji having a parallel alongside fucking Franky and a child. Can we get much lower? So looooow
Sanji veteran level confirmed?

If zoro used koh 9 dragons asura on luffy and luffy just said ow I'd drop the manga

You lot have no shame
I might drop it to lol that’s wild. But just know I’d talk mad shit before dropping it lol

Tbf Sanji not being able to badly hurt Luffy is not a bad feat. I mean, Sanji is Queen level and do you think that Queen can badly hurt Kaido with Ulti and Sasaki’s help?
Sanji’s performance is as expected.

Ifrit Jambe not being the hottest flame in the game is not disproved because we already knew this. Sanji never melt anything with his fire and Oda already says and shown that Magma > flame.

Sanji a YC2 level character and have the according feats.
Every one knew this except the Sanji fans who constantly place him at YC1. The fact that they deny this is why I’m trashing him.

? Not a single drop of blood, memed on with an ouchie..
not seeing a single drop of blood doesnt mean 0 damage was done
luffy literally had a huge bulge on his head after that clearly indicating damage

kaido was able to make luffy bleed with random swings ffs

use common sense Luffy reached his stamina limit at that time.
very fuckin convenient for him to reach that stage right after taking one of kaido's strongest attacks

Did he suffer this magical internal damage that Oda didn't bother to show?
he had a huge bulge on his head
thats damage showed in a looney toon way
This is how Oda draws Luffy getting knocked out of a state
thats not even gear5
both of us know that the way g5 shows damage is very different cause of its looney toon powers
Not whatever the hell that was.
its gear5

And we've seen Death Destroyer TB rock G5 Luffy, so don't say it's some G5 exclusive thing where he's taking no damage and suddenly got knocked out of his state,
or he is simply taking damage in both of these forms
luffy also went to his 2nd g5 transformation with a lot of willpower by mentioning kinemon,tama and pedro
Ragnarok simply didn't do any meaningful damage it was never presented to do so, Luffy was running on fumes.
nope

- he goes back to his base form
- falls on his back
- is visibly shaking
- started huffing for the first time
- has a huge bulge on his head
- grunting even after the attack has been received

this is damage

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
not seeing a single drop of blood doesnt mean 0 damage was done
luffy literally had a huge bulge on his head after that clearly indicating damage

kaido was able to make luffy bleed with random swings ffs

very fuckin convenient for him to reach that stage right after taking one of kaido's strongest attacks

he had a huge bulge on his head
thats damage showed in a looney toon way

thats not even gear5
both of us know that the way g5 shows damage is very different cause of its looney toon powers

its gear5

or he is simply taking damage in both of these forms
luffy also went to his 2nd g5 transformation with a lot of willpower by mentioning kinemon,tama and pedro

nope

- he goes back to his base form
- falls on his back
- is visibly shaking
- started huffing for the first time
- has a huge bulge on his head
- grunting even after the attack has been received

this is damage
You put way too much stock into named attacks, random swings can absolutely be stronger than ragnarok, but in this case I don't see visible bleeding coming from Luffy in the panel you linked either, that stuff is mostly for impact.

The fact of the matter is Ragnarok was not presented as more than an ouchie, you don't get an ouchie that knocks you out of a state, it would have been presented as much more devastating if that was Oda's intention. Luffy simply reached his limit ragnorak could contribute to it that's the best you're getting.