Chapter Discussion Luffy saw the King is in another level. Chapter 988

Are Luffy and Zoro the only ones who can defeat King?

• Total voters
But it doesn't say he's gonna fight King
After the attack Luffy was going to go help Sanji, the panel makes it clear and Big Mom go in the way, luckily King didn't follow up or it would have sucked for Sanji.

As for who can beat King, from feats its only Luffy, Zoro and Kid, as for Law I don't think he has the AP to do it, same goes for Killer, but everyone else would lose.

Last edited:
After the attack Luffy was going to go help Sanji, the panel makes it clear and Big Mom go in the way, luckily King didn't follow up or it would have sucked for Sanji.

As for who can beat King, from feats its only Luffy, Zoro and King, as for Law I don't think he has the AP to do it, same goes for Killer, but everyone else would lose.
You clearly have a problem if you think Kid is stronger than Law or Killer.
By the way you are calling Kid as King.

You clearly have a problem if you think Kid is stronger than Law or Killer.
By the way you are calling Kid as King.
Law's durability and stamina are a problem for him, for me he is someone who will always get close but wont be able to do it in the end, for sure I don't see him being stronger than Kid who has been shown to take abuse and get up like it was nothing.
Killer doesn't have the feats for me.

I corrected the Kid misspelling, thanks

Law's durability and stamina are a problem for him, for me he is someone who will always get close but wont be able to do it in the end, for sure I don't see him being stronger than Kid who has been shown to take abuse and get up like it was nothing.
Killer doesn't have the feats for me.

I corrected the Kid misspelling, thanks
Stamina issue is not so real. And talking about Awakening is the same to Kid.
Law had Stamina issue only at Dressrosa for stupid plot purposes. Back at Punk Hazard and during whole Wano arc he didn't had any issue.

Killer simply did better at Rooftop than Kid.

Talking about feats, Law has some. Kid has none.

Not sure about pre adv COC Luffy but Zoro will get a powerup maybe a black blade so currently he is weaker than King
King = post Udon Luffy (pre adv COC)
King = ch 1010 Luffy if he has advanced COC

Suddenly king is that strong even though he didn't do anything to put him that ahead of kata or marco, pushing zoro doesn't necessarily make him strong it can be that zoro is just not as strong as you thought.

Suddenly king is that strong even though he didn't do anything to put him that ahead of kata or marco, pushing zoro doesn't necessarily make him strong it can be that zoro is just not as strong as you thought.
No. King has always been incredibly strong. Some just rank him lower because Zoro is his opponent. His hype, feats and portrayal places him above Marco and Katakuri.

The first time we saw him in battle he stopped Big Mom and her crew from reaching the top of the waterfall by himself. Since the war have started he spent most of his time fighting Marco who couldn't beat him or even push him into hybrid mode.

VC stated he is the Beast Pirates strongest calamity and the leaders of the calamity's. He received even more hype from coming from an ancient race who was considered gods thanks to their ability to fly and manipulate fire.

Now he's performing very well against Zoro who outperform every supernova on a rooftop.

They were clowing King hard until he became Zoro's opponent. Now they boost him to the moon lol
To be fair, you can only blame Oda for that.

The fact that Oda offscreened his victory against Marco and his second easy victory against Cook, on top of shafting him (and Jack) to irrelevancy during the raid in favor of super important people like Momoron, Otameh, and Raizou (something that didn't happen to, say, Katakuri in WCI) hurt his portrayal greatly (and hurt Jack's even more).

King being underestimated is due to Oda's decisions, not the fault of the readers. After all, readers can only infer from what Oda shows them. Also, "benefit of the doubt" can only be given for so long. The readers are not responsible for Oda's decisions.

Read my reply to @Van.

Also, if we go by leaks, King is pushing the Supernova with the best portrayal in Roof Piece to a power-up.

Be an adult and give credits when credits are due, man. Zoro is exceptional, so King has to be, too, to push Zoro this far.