Break Week Luffy vs Akainu makes no sense

I have always considered Elbaf to be the place where the Strawhats use the power of its army to fight off the World Government's SSG, so going with that narrative and with Shanks' gray background further exposed:

- Sakazuki and Shanks share the tertiary antagonist role and fall together in the great war against Luffy/Eustass/Teach in a free-for-all war engulfing the world.

- Im gets the secondary antagonist role and falls shortly after against Dragon with a backup, massive info dumps coming with Mary Geoise's downfall. So won't necessarily be a straightforward 1v1.

- Teach declares himself king of world, the primary antagonist and last adversary for Luffy.

So the salty tears of Beg Meme cockroaches didn't provide any good reason for why Sakazuki vs Luffy would affect the finale with Teach in any way.

Don’t cry when Akainu & Kizaru lose to Sabo & Sanji
1. Sabo vs Akainu -
Mera Mera is confirmed to be inferior in hierarchy to Magu Magu , and if it's because Magma consumes Fire , then it's hard to see Sabo ever defeating Akainu , unless Sabo gets something like High-level ACoC .

Though if Sabo ever fights & defeats Akainu , i don't think it'll dehype Akainu and the other Admirals in any way ,

Because Sabo is probaby becoming the Orange Admiral . It's not a coincidence that Fujitora's colour is the typical result of mixing Red + Blue ( Akainu's and Aokiji's colours ) , and Ryokugyu's colour is the typical result of mixing Blue + Yellow
( Aokiji's and Kizaru's colours )

The only colour that's missing is Orange , the typical result of mixing Akainu's and Kizaru's colours . And Orange is identical with Fire , the Mera Mera fruit itself was depicted as Orange in the Official Coloured Manga .

Also there are similarities of Sabo's power with Akainu's & Kizaru's powers , Fire emits Light like Magma , and Light is Kizaru's power . All three works with Heat .

If we want to go even further , Sabo's Fire is also a Force of Nature like the 4 previous Admirals' powers ( Magma Light Ice Gravity ) and i think Ryokugyu's power will also be a Force of Nature ( Plants ) .

I don't see any other candidate to be the Orange Admiral right now , Sabo is literally the only person in OP who is destined to be Admiral/Yonko tier , and at the same time , has an Orange power .

The bottom line is , if Sabo does defeat Akainu , it'll just basically show a New Gen Admiral surpassing the Old Gen ones .

2. Sanji vs Kizaru -
I also used to think Sanji will beat Kizaru , until i realized that Kizaru is always paired with the 2nd of the Crews . In Sabaody he clashed with Rayleigh , in Marineford he took on Marco at the same time Akainu took on WB and Aokiji took on Jozu , and at the end of the war he was paired with Beckmann while Akainu was paired with Shanks , poor Aokiji wasn't paired with any RHP though ( should've been Lucky Roo maybe )

Heck , the first SH he attacked in Sabaody was Zoro . Considering all of this , it's Zoro who will beat him , not Sanji .

:josad:

Akainu murdered Ace in front of Luffy and gave Luffy his only scar. Luffy shows a lot of aggression at the mention of Akainu's name. But those two fighting doesn't make sense?
BB was more responsible for ace's death than akainu and akainu isn't special at all , a normal top tier , give or take at best bit more powerful than kaido

BB mostly will have 2 DFs plus awakening plus adv coc and god forbid 3 DFs

Kaido also has better hype than akainu so the stakes for luffy don't feel that high in comparison to BB or even imu

Imu is arc nemesis of joy boy it seems and grander villain of OP covering the void century stuff , akainu doesn't represents that

Luffy fighting akainu for a while putting him in his place then sabo comes and continues it makes more sense and luffy moves to imu

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
BB was more responsible for ace's death than akainu and akainu
:risicheck:

This ain't true.
akainu isn't special at all , a normal top tier
Oda isn't writing this story for powerscaling, he's writing it for the story. Akainu will be as strong as needed to give Luffy a good challenge.
Imu is arc nemesis of joy boy it seems and grander villain of OP covering the void century stuff , akainu doesn't represents that
Imu will be the final villain, though no telling how that might work when we know virtually nothing about Imu.
sabo comes and continues it makes more sense and luffy moves to imu
Fuji vs Sabo makes more sense than Akainu vs Sabo. Sabo forgave Burgess for his involvement in Ace's death and holds no ill will towards anyone over it. He attributes Ace's adventures to Ace, doesn't naturally gravitate for revenge.

I can't see the guy who murdered Ace in front of the MC and gave him his only big design change post timeskip not being a solo Luffy opponent. I don't even need to bring up the comparisons between how Luffy reacts to BB and Akainu, everyone knows about those panels. Luffy positively hates Akainu and it would be a big surprise if Luffy didn't put Akainu in the dirt.

Imu will be the final villain, though no telling how that might work when we know virtually nothing about Imu.
I think Imu is Uranus , probably the strongest Ancient Weapon
I don't even need to bring up the comparisons between how Luffy reacts to BB and Akainu, everyone knows about those panels.
Actually Luffy reacted seriously to the mention of "Blackbeard" , in Zou

I do think Luffy will fight both Akainu & BB though , but i understand the skepticism of Luffy vs Akainu after defeating BB .

I agree with what you said - Oda will make Akainu as strong as he needs to be , and it's not like Akainu has absolutely zero arguments for him getting a bit stronger than he was pre-skip :

1. Akainu is Luffy's main Marine adversary , like Garp was to Roger ( and Garp was arguably PK lvl )
2. Akainu had the most extreme fight known in the Manga to date ( 10 days against another Admiral )
3. Akainu is a character who has always/consistently displayed strong will , his will is very strong
4. If Zoro is gonna solo Kizaru ( Akainu's near equal pre-skip ) , then Akainu could very well be a step above Kizaru in the Final War , since most of Luffy's opponents are at least a step above Zoro's

He won't be "Blueno'd" like some people believe , in the worst case for Akainu , it'll be a solid High Diff .

They are fated to fight, it would be one of the biggest blunders in the series if they didn't.
Now of course that doesn't mean he has to be the final antagonist of the series ever, but acting as if we even knew if Imu is strong or how things will play out is silly.

:risicheck:

This ain't true.

Oda isn't writing this story for powerscaling, he's writing it for the story. Akainu will be as strong as needed to give Luffy a good challenge.

Fuji vs Sabo makes more sense than Akainu vs Sabo. Sabo forgave Burgess for his involvement in Ace's death and holds no ill will towards anyone over it. He attributes Ace's adventures to Ace, doesn't naturally gravitate for revenge.

I can't see the guy who murdered Ace in front of the MC and gave him his only big design change post timeskip not being a solo Luffy opponent. I don't even need to bring up the comparisons between how Luffy reacts to BB and Akainu, everyone knows about those panels. Luffy positively hates Akainu and it would be a big surprise if Luffy didn't put Akainu in the dirt.
Again not saying luffy will never interact with akainu or anything , they mostly will have a small fight where luffy puts him in his place then sabo takes over

Sabo is also ace's brother after all

In same arc luffy won't have two long back to back fights

They are fated to fight, it would be one of the biggest blunders in the series if they didn't.
Now of course that doesn't mean he has to be the final antagonist of the series ever, but acting as if we even knew if Imu is strong or how things will play out is silly.
Imo if Pluton is ever revealed to be indeed buried under Alabasta then Uranus is inevitably or at least very likely going to be Imu .
In same arc luffy won't have two long back to back fights
If i recall correctly Luffy vs Cracker took hours ; Luffy vs Katakuri also took hours