General & Others Luffy's main rival

-Law has 0 similarities with Whitebeard
-Smoker has 0 similarities with Sengoku (a shit ton of similarities with Garp though which people want to deny because they hate Smoker for being "weak")
-Cobby has 0 similarities with Garp
-Hina is only somewhat comparable to Tsuru because her interactions with Smoker reminds us of Garp/Tsuru
If you read my previous post you would know i was making fun of the people who thought Law was Luffy's Whitebeard. but yeah i agree with you.
you guys remeber when people thought law was luffy's whitebeard:gokulaugh:

J

Jo_Ndule

Don't know if Kid can rival Luffy in ambition and achievements but it is pretty clear Luffy reacts to Kid differently than he does the other Supernovas.

When Luffy saw Kid beating him in the race to Onigashima,he was immediately annoyed (rivalry),same thing when Jinbei told him about Kid making it to the banquet hall first.
When they meet in the next couple of chapters,the same shit is bound to happen.

So yeah Kid may not rival Luffy in achievements and strength,but he clearly rivals Luffy in mentality and that's what makes Luffy consider him a rival.

BB seems to be an inbetweener between generations, Luffy may consider him a rival but BB doesn't seem to care about Luffy at all currently,something you don't do if you consider the other rival.

BB about Luffy post WCI: This scene is too early for you strawhat.

BB about Luffy being in Wano: Strawhat and other zealous brats from his generation are gathering in Wano where that monster Kaido lives.

Not very rivalry-like from BB's attitude.
Imagine your rival doesn't consider you even near his level
And calls Supernovas/worstgen "brats from Luffy's generation"

Definitely has to be Kid. Most people believe Blackbeard, but that would be his arch nemesis, much like how Whitebeard was Roger's biggest rival, but Xebec was his greatest foe.

Both want to be Pirate King.

Both have proclaimed they will be the one to take down Kaido.

Oda had them competing against each other in Udon.

Oda literally modelled Kid after Luffy's role model. (Red hair, missing an arm)

Kidd is the only other Worst Gen member who is a confirmed CoC user.

Kid is Luffys main rival Blackbeard is his main nemesis. The same way Xebec was Rogers biggest nemesis not rival. To me there is a difference between a rival and a nemesis. Blackbeard as of right now is way above Luffy and he seems to not even give a shit about Luffy. I would make the argument that Blackbeard’s rival is Shanks. I mean they were even both apprentices on two different rival crews.

Kid is obviously that guy who is the main rival out of the super rookies introduced on Saboady. He’s the only Supernova that expressed the same dream as Luffy and Luffy obviously gets very competitive with Kid and vice versa. Once again Oda has made it very obvious that these two are rivals. I think the main reason people are not accepting Kid as the rival is because they are too deep in their head canon that Luffy blows Kidd out in every aspect. It isn’t really as one sided as everyone is saying. Luffy has bounty, probably feats, and reputation over Kid at the moment. For individual strength it remains to be seen. Though it is being implied that they should be near equals. Their ambition and willpower is equal, which is a big implication in one piece of how far you will go as a Pirate. And they are both the conquerers of their generation.

Now here are some things that Kid has over Luffy:

- His own base/territory. Also when Kaido fell onto his base one of Kids men says, “He capsized one of our ships.” This implies that that the Kid Pirates have a fleet of ships under them.

- More New World experience. And Kids new world experience is actually legit because he has been constantly opposing strong pirates unlike the other rookies.

- Underground Blackmarket connections as shown in Punk Hazard.

Now here are some things that Kid has over Luffy:

- His own base/territory. Also when Kaido fell onto his base one of Kids men says, “He capsized one of our ships.” This implies that that the Kid Pirates have a fleet of ships under them.

- More New World experience. And Kids new world experience is actually legit because he has been constantly opposing strong pirates unlike the other rookies.

- Underground Blackmarket connections as shown in Punk Hazard.
These are things people ALWAYS overlook, he took his position in underworld while ingaging 3 Emperors (2 out of 3 for his personal decisions and reasons).
As for the fleet he probably doesn't have Luffy's 5600 men, but i could see 2000-3000 men under him.
Just be patient, all these things will be deepened by end of arc :cheers: and hopefully fanbase will reconsider some things about Kidd Pirates

u should put the other supernovas except Law too u know. :josad:
The minute guys like Hawkins and Apoo sold out to Yonko they lost their spots as contenders imo. Law, Bege, Drake, and Bonney don’t seem interested in One Piece. Who knows about Urouge though. But I’m pretty sure Kid will be the only contender for One Piece out of the Supernova we met in Saboady.

The minute guys like Hawkins and Apoo sold out to Yonko they lost their spots as contenders imo. Law, Bege, Drake, and Bonney don’t seem interested in One Piece. Who knows about Urouge though. But I’m pretty sure Kid will be the only contender for One Piece out of the Supernova we met in Saboady.
I agree, they will have their own paths but will not be the one to become PK

Btw they will all be remembered as the group who defeated 2 Yonkos (probably)
So everybody will have glory

He’s not ready for Blackbeard yet. A rival has to actually be somewhat close to him. Kid is the rival Blackbeard is the arch nemesis.
You mean Blackbeard is not ready for Luffy. Luffy is a walking Ancient King of the World. Luffy has not been serious even once during his journey with the exception of Water 7 and Marineford.

Not once has Luffy been serious in onigashima.

When he is serious, you saw how strong he was at marineford and how fast he powered up at Enneis Lobby. When he wants to turn up the heat, he is unconquerable.

Look at the split second he was serious in Udon Prison, he recruited all those samurai from beyond broken. He has belo betty's power when he wants to rally people.