Character Discussion Mihawk never going to Wano is bad writing

You're comparing Kaido/Whitebeard not beating individual characters to Mihawk avoiding an entire continent of swordsman...how do you not see the problem here?
Its not a Problem doesn't it, since its the fact only Oden who is strong enough to fight Mihawk. or do you think guys like Kawamatsu Denjiro and Ashura douji ( who died by a mere Bomb btw ) who are already below Zoro so much is capable to fight Mihawk who Zoro can't defeat even at this level? ( which is YC1+).

And btw, that entire continent only a few who is strong after Oden Death and even that still can't defeat Mihawk so whats the problem here?

Its not a Problem doesn't it, since its the fact only Oden who is strong enough to fight Mihawk. or do you think guys like Kawamatsu Denjiro and Ashura douji ( who died by a mere Bomb btw ) who are already below Zoro so much is capable to fight Mihawk who Zoro can't defeat even at this level? ( which is YC1+).

And btw, that entire continent only a few who is strong after Oden Death and even that still can't defeat Mihawk so whats the problem here?
Mihawk doesn't know that, all that is known is that Wano is a land of powerful swordsmen...there's no excuse whatsoever for him to not go there, and it makes him look like a fraud completely.

How do you even know if he ever visited wano or not? @Shiroyru

This argument shows you how desperate people can be.. :gokulaugh:

Your argument/point will only be valid if you can answer these questions:-

- Where in the story do we know that Mihawk never tried or visited Wano?
- How can Mihawk make it to Wano with his tiny boat?
- How can Mihawk find Wano when Roger (20+ years of sailing) never could until Oden joined him?
- Why would Mihawk go to Wano when Kaido is ruling it and no Samurai was able to push Kaido off Wano?
- Why would Mihawk risk fighting all of Kaido's crew including Kaido himself just to fight a Samurai?

Now tell me again how its bad writing when you take into account all of the above? WHEN we have no IDEA if he did or did not :milaugh:

What if he went in stealthy and found no one to fight? then again how in the world would he ever make it there alone.

There is a reason Why Mihawk is the way he is. "ALONE" he can't do shit other than fighting and you bet he has a vivre card of Shanks thats how he finds him.

We have no idea if Mihawk went to Wano or not. For someone to claim he didn't go to Wano his headcannon.

Mihawk could have went to Wano looking to fight Oden. Find out he was dead and left because there was no more worthy swordsman alive for him to challenge. Days after Oden was executed the rest of the strong samurai were either killed or imprisoned by Kaido.

A Wano citizen not mentioning Mihawk doesn't mean anything. Why would they talk about Mihawk when they would be more concerned about where to get fresh food and water from and whether they will live through the night. No citizen talks about Kaido vs Moria fight so why would they talk about Mihawk that has no effect on their daily lives. They wouldn't.

If Mihawk was in Wano at some point in the story how do some of you expect a conversation about him to go? I can see it now, two random Wano citizens talking about Kaido and how they hate what he's done to their country. Then one randomly starts talking about how years ago a mysterious swordsman (Mihawk) showed up to fight Oden. After he he found out Oden was dead beat a few weak swordsman and then left upset.
:milaugh:
Fair enough. Kaido's crew also wasn't well known at the time probably (I feel like he didn't knew about King, for example).

After seeing how mid the Wano samurais turned out to be, seems like he didn't miss out on anything. Wano not having any top tier samurais is the bad writing in my book. After over hyping it, having the likes of Akainu and everybody shitting bricks at the mere mention of Wano for it to then turn out it's full of bum samurais is one of the most disappointing turn of events in One Piece.

G

Gorosei Informer

Mihawk is looking for worthy swordsmen to fight. Why did he never try to go to the land known for producing powerful samurai?
Exactly my frustrations. Its like Oda avoiding Zoro fighting strong swordsmen and beating them too. Odas writing with swordsmen, swords and thus important ones, the supreme grades, black blades, the Nidai, Ame no Habikiri, Laws sword etc are such a mess.

Oda could have at least Oden encounter a young Mihawk during his travels with WB and Roger and it would have been great for fans of both.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Yeah The same with WB who is a Strongest Man in the world but never defeat the Strongest Character ( At his time Xebec after that Roger LOL ), The same with Kaidou with The Strongest Creature in the world who never even defeat Zunisha who is a Creature who lived atleast 800 years

Welp guys we had them, WB and Kaido is a fraud. Its simple fact right?:suresure:
You brought this on yourself this argument is pretty much dumb :suresure:
The same with Kaidou with The Strongest Creature in the world who never even defeat Zunisha who is a Creature who lived atleast 800 years
Zunisha was being killed by Jack, imagine what Kaido can do to her. LMAO Just because Zunisha is old doesn't mean she is the WSC, Zunisha honestly is nothing more than a frail and old target, with fragile durability
Post automatically merged:

You were right until the half end,
So its okay for WB and Kaido for not challenge anyone who can conclude in the same category but not Mihawk?
Damn the Double standard:suresure:
So its okay for WB and Kaido for not challenge anyone who can conclude in the same category but not Mihawk?
Kaido has fought against Shanks (2 years ago), engaged in a 3-day battle with Big Mom (he decided to let her go), clashed with Oden (twice), fought against prime Hyogoro and various other samurai from the Wano Country, including Dai Kengou Ushimaru (only Mihawk and Ryuma were called that, and perhaps Vista), and Kaido was also heading to Marineford to fight against Whitebeard. After that, Kaido had a series of battles against other opponents, including Luffy, who was definitely a TOP TIER in Gear Fourth before awakening (engaging in a world-class fight). The combined strength of the 9 Red Scabbards should result in the strength of a TOP TIER as well.

Kaido is essentially the character who has faced the most TOP TIER opponents in the series so far, excluding Luffy perhaps

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing how mid the Wano samurais turned out to be, seems like he didn't miss out on anything. Wano not having any top tier samurais is the bad writing in my book. After over hyping it, having the likes of Akainu and everybody shitting bricks at the mere mention of Wano for it to then turn out it's full of bum samurais is one of the most disappointing turn of events in One Piece.
Wano's swordsmen never had the chance to develop with Kaido there. Oden, for example, would be in Kaido's age if he was alive and probably still in his prime. Momonosuke would've aged normally and probably would train to become the next great swordsman of Wano. Part of the Shimotsuki Family (Ushimaru's and/or Yasuie's lineages) would be alive, another Zoro could be born.

Post automatically merged:

Wano is too weak… the last known Samurai was Oden, Oden was murdered and like WB there’s no need to go to Wano to start a fight with a Yonko army
Last known to who ? WG ? Akainu clearly mentioned he didnt know how strong samurai were, and for Mihawk not knowing shouldnt mean skipping it, should mean finding it out
And if he can start fight with shanks, why not with other Yonko crewmates

Do you think Mihawk would be able to catch koi fishes to come up that waterfall in that freaking raft as such?
You guys lack basic understanding and make stupid asf threads calling it bad writing\plot holes. Go re read one piece properly.

Zunisha was being killed by Jack, imagine what Kaido can do to her. LMAO Just because Zunisha is old doesn't mean she is the WSC, Zunisha honestly is nothing more than a frail and old target, with fragile durability
You just prove my Point is right tho, why the hell Mihawk goes to wano knowing no one could challenge him except Oden. Their Ryou is far Weaker than Zoro ( He can Deflect Kaidou Demolition Gust easily but Scabbards dodge them and kiku tried to deflect it but we know what happen ) who still can't even defeat Mihawk rn
This is SkySanji Argument -> You don't need to fight every character in the verse to have a title, it's ridiculous to even insinuate that BUT Except for Mihawk. Like if thats not a double standard the i don't know what ifs:suresure:

Kaido has fought against Shanks (2 years ago), engaged in a 3-day battle with Big Mom (he decided to let her go), clashed with Oden (twice), fought against prime Hyogoro and various other samurai from the Wano Country, including Dai Kengou Ushimaru (only Mihawk and Ryuma were called that, and perhaps Vista), and Kaido was also heading to Marineford to fight against Whitebeard. After that, Kaido had a series of battles against other opponents, including Luffy, who was definitely a TOP TIER in Gear Fourth before awakening (engaging in a world-class fight). The combined strength of the 9 Red Scabbards should result in the strength of a TOP TIER as well.

Kaido is essentially the character who has faced the most TOP TIER opponents in the series so far, excluding Luffy perhaps
Bruh i knew all that ( well except the luffy part cuz i think Luffy Top tier level starts when he does G4 AdvCoC ), u probably thinking i'm downplaying Kaido which i'm not btw.
i'm giving other people example with their same idea or opinion.
If WB and Kaido didn't need to defeat all opponent in their category to be called strongest, then Mihawk should too. but the fact that people despise this idea is a double standard to me.
Like Who WB defeat to be called World Strongest Man? so far that we see NO ONE, He didn't Beat Anyone stronger or atleast 2nd strongest man in the World. Same as Mihawk.
Do i still think he is a Top Tier? Hell Yeah. because of what? Oda told me he was the Strongest Man in the World from the Story, simple as that. Yet People Can't do it to Mihawk.

Last known to who ? WG ? Akainu clearly mentioned he didnt know how strong samurai were, and for Mihawk not knowing shouldnt mean skipping it, should mean finding it out
And if he can start fight with shanks, why not with other Yonko crewmates
I'm basing it also off that Shanks & Mihawk talk, Shanks should be aware of Odens death he could easily relay that information to Mihawk, especially with Wano being Kaido's territory there's no need for Mihawk to go to Wano when Shanks is around who's most likely stronger.