MLB Discussion Thread

I get your point. He probably wouldn't be injured so much with all that workload, which would be great for the team, but I can't help but want to see him hit over 450 yards and throw over 100 mph in the same game. His baserunning ability is actually what impresses me the most about him but honestly, I just want to see if he can do his 2016 MVP season in MLB (.322 avg & 22 hrs/1.86 era & 174 k). Unlikely but it's a dream lol.
Close enough to his MVP season in Japan but Ohtani is actually doing it. Thank goodness for him or I would not have survived this season with Trout being out for most of it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Close enough to his MVP season in Japan but Ohtani is actually doing it. Thank goodness for him or I would not have survived this season with Trout being out for most of it.

You know, I heard something from a friend the other day…apparently Trout was asked about what his relationship with Ohtani is like, and he basically said they don’t have one :pepemy:

You know, I heard something from a friend the other day…apparently Trout was asked about what his relationship with Ohtani is like, and he basically said they don’t have one :pepemy:
DON'T GIVE ME THAT! LET ME BE HAPPY FOR ONCE! :jinbewat:

I just saw them talk on the phone during the Home Run Derby. I'm sure they're friendly at least :josad:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
DON'T GIVE ME THAT! LET ME BE HAPPY FOR ONCE! :jinbewat:

I just saw them talk on the phone during the Home Run Derby. I'm sure they're friendly at least :josad:
They’ve gotta be relatively close just from being on the same team, but it sounds like a surface level connection :emohiyo:

Now, I’m not saying that Ohtani would have been happier or gotten along better with his teammates if he had signed with the Mariners…but I *am* saying that *I* would be happier if he’d done all that :brootea:

They’ve gotta be relatively close just from being on the same team, but it sounds like a surface level connection :emohiyo:

Now, I’m not saying that Ohtani would have been happier or gotten along better with his teammates if he had signed with the Mariners…but I *am* saying that *I* would be happier if he’d done all that :brootea:
But Ohtani didn't seem to really get along with his Japanese compatriot Kikuchi during the all-star break. It looked like a greet and dash even though they went to the same high school.

I don't know if there's a trend here of not getting along with teammates, but that's certainly arrogant coming from Kikuchi's part! :jordanmf:

Maybe he's a little salty in Seattle... I'd take him if the opportunity arrives (we're super desperate for pitchers to the point where we ONLY drafted pitchers in every round of the draft just now) :josad:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
But Ohtani didn't seem to really get along with his Japanese compatriot Kikuchi during the all-star break. It looked like a greet and dash even though they went to the same high school.

I don't know if there's a trend here of not getting along with teammates, but that's certainly arrogant coming from Kikuchi's part! :jordanmf:

Maybe he's a little salty in Seattle... I'd take him if the opportunity arrives (we're super desperate for pitchers to the point where we ONLY drafted pitchers in every round of the draft just now) :josad:
I was actually kinda impressed by that draft strategy…it’s refreshing to see a team pinpoint their greatest weakness and then do something so far outside the box to remedy it, feels like some Moneyball shit in an era where any shrewd decision is seen as a tribute to that methodology. Can’t turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but you can damn sure get the right ingredients to start from scratch and make a meal that isn’t guaranteed to taste like feces, you know?? :arnoling:

…Then again, all three teams I support have been relentlessly awful this year, so what the fuck do I know?! :pepemy:

I was actually kinda impressed by that draft strategy…it’s refreshing to see a team pinpoint their greatest weakness and then do something so far outside the box to remedy it, feels like some Moneyball shit in an era where any shrewd decision is seen as a tribute to that methodology. Can’t turn chicken shit into chicken salad, but you can damn sure get the right ingredients to start from scratch and make a meal that isn’t guaranteed to taste like feces, you know?? :arnoling:

…Then again, all three teams I support have been relentlessly awful this year, so what the fuck do I know?! :pepemy:
True true. I wish we could've done that earlier, you know. Pitching has been bad for my health for years :pepeke:

Oh man... I mean SEA is above us right now but I forget the other 2 teams you support lol

I must confess that I haven't seen this anime but this theme that Ohtani uses as his walkup is a banger. I just listened the full version :pepelit:

I can’t believe the fucking Braves are about to win their first title since I was 5…I spent half of my life in Georgia, and I truly never thought this day would come again :cheers:
also don't forget a 3-1 lead isn't guaranteed in baseball (it's pretty much a death sign though in the NBA/NHL besides the 2015-16 Warriors). Also Atlanta (Georgia in general) hasn't won a championship since 1995 (if you don't count MLS where Atlanta won in 2018), I wouldn't count your chickens just yet; They haven't gotten over the curse yet

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
also don't forget a 3-1 lead isn't guaranteed in baseball (it's pretty much a death sign though in the NBA/NHL besides the 2015-16 Warriors). Also Atlanta (Georgia in general) hasn't won a championship since 1995 (if you don't count MLS where Atlanta won in 2018), I wouldn't count your chickens just yet; They haven't gotten over the curse yet
Brother, I spent most of my life thus far in and around Atlanta, you don’t have to explain the curse to me. If anything, letting a 4-0 lead in the first turn into a 8-5 deficit in the seventh is much more in character for athletes in that town…