Questions & Mysteries "My audience will not be satisfied if Luffy defeats Kaido just because his punch is so strong"-Eichirro Oda [Paraphrased]

Did Oda Let Himself Down?

• Total voters
uhh ultimately in the end isn't that what it will be he has no weapon for luffy its just gonna be a much bigger punch .
I think the final hits on Kaido will be:
1. God Luffy grabbing the giant sword and “winning like a samurai” Nika was shown with a sword and spear afterall. And he’s using a spear of lightning now.
2. A red rock with the fire from the dreams of all the people in the flower capital.

I wouldn’t just call these big punches

I have an interest in that quote because I don't believe this will end with punches. I believe something else is set up and even if you don't, you have to admit that it makes no sense for Kaido to just give up after being knocked out. They either have to remove his desire from Wano, or make it so that he can't escape prison and come back when there's no one to fight him.

But I have to say... Oda is just being candid. He doesn't have to say anything that's not on panel and he doesn't have to be held to it, ultimately. God forbid the mf does an interview

Look at the final panel of the last chapter. He is holding lightning as a weapon in his hand. :fullmom:
clearly i see that lol but i'm of the belief that it wont do much damage to kaido.To be determined ig
Post automatically merged:

I think the final hits on Kaido will be:
1. God Luffy grabbing the giant sword and “winning like a samurai” Nika was shown with a sword and spear afterall. And he’s using a spear of lightning now.
2. A red rock with the fire from the dreams of all the people in the flower capital.

I wouldn’t just call these big punches
But we already know how luffy operates with a sword when he had the nidai he held it in his hand and punched people i wouldn't expect it to change now lol but time will tell lol u may be spot on

B

Ballel

Luffy's punch doesn't get harder. He learned an entirely different concept of Haki, that's the point.

Don't punch harder but change the technique. We saw numerous characters state that Luffy does something differently than using hardening.

This is what Oda was talking about.
Over one year later and we've arrived at a different outcome for the Luffy vs Kaido fight.
:crazwhat:
After the CoC coating Oda moved away from the significance of Luffy's punches altogether and finally gave him awakening.
I couldn't have predicted that Luffy awakens even before he faces Imu and that his fruit turns out to be misnamed.

Without a doubt, Oda met his goal of being an unpredictable author, for better or for worse.

I have an interest in that quote because I don't believe this will end with punches. I believe something else is set up and even if you don't, you have to admit that it makes no sense for Kaido to just give up after being knocked out. They either have to remove his desire from Wano, or make it so that he can't escape prison and come back when there's no one to fight him.

But I have to say... Oda is just being candid. He doesn't have to say anything that's not on panel and he doesn't have to be held to it, ultimately. God forbid the mf does an interview
The more I look at it, the more it seems as if the only possibility for Kaido's defeat comes from Momonosuke dropping Onigashima on him and pinning him under the water with it.

Lol this is just confirmation of my previous thread that the cult fanbase will defend anything. Like look at all the comments on here trying to justify the AdvCoC "is the concept that will defeat Kaido that isn't punching harder" and now that G5 is revealed they are back tracking saying that it was not AdvCoc but instead a combination of AdvCoC and G5. You can't rationalize with a cult.

Lol this is just confirmation of my previous thread that the cult fanbase will defend anything. Like look at all the comments on here trying to justify the AdvCoC "is the concept that will defeat Kaido that isn't punching harder" and now that G5 is revealed they are back tracking saying that it was not AdvCoc but instead a combination of AdvCoC and G5. You can't rationalize with a cult.
Yeah because Luffy stopped punching in Gear 5 right?

Oda didn't say Luffy won't punch hard/er. He said that can't be the only reason. That's what "just because" means. Just because means there are other reasons. It doesn't negate the premise.

Here's an English language lesson

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dic...inition of just because,you should do it, too.

Definition of just because

: for the simple or single reason that

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
My future sight is still too weak to know if the fights going to let me down.

Im guessing it’ll be more of a team collaboration in that case, with Kidd and Luffy punching him pretty hard with some interference from the other supernova here or there.
:kobeha:

I can't believe I had faith in Kidd still in 2021?

Although it's quite clear Oda himself is not satisfied with a "boring" conclusion, and blames the audience expectations.

Kaido being the strongest creature, he's probably changed his mind 100 times as to finish it in a "believable"/"satisfactory" way.

--What do you think Sanjikun? G4 luffy will be strongest being :doffytroll: G4 Will destroy Kaido:usoprice:

--Even G5 isn't trashing nerfed Kaido:joker:
Boundman could easily trash Kaido if Oda gave him a proper chance and didn't gyp him. He let him with 1 Boundman hit. Basic ACoA Kong Gatling fucked up a fresh Kaido.

Imagine adding ACoC to that ^ against a tired Kaido.

But my preferred option wasn't even that Luffy was even going to win in Gear 4. I thought Base Luffy might even beat him similar to Big Mom.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-vs-kaido-be-a-repeat-of-goku-vs-jiren.20476/

Last edited:
Yeah because Luffy stopped punching in Gear 5 right?

Oda didn't say Luffy won't punch hard/er. He said that can't be the only reason. That's what "just because" means. Just because means there are other reasons. It doesn't negate the premise.

Here's an English language lesson

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/just because#:~:text=Definition of just because,you should do it, too.

Definition of just because

: for the simple or single reason that
Uhhhh huh? I was referring to the statement from the cults (you know people like you) trying to justify the AdvCoC as "not punching harder" and now that awakening is happening you guys are back tracking.

Look at this comment by Solis,

Luffy's punch doesn't get harder. He learned an entirely different concept of Haki, that's the point.
Or by Bullet,

He probably just meant it wouldn't be logical to have current Luffy's punches take down Kaido so he created this internal destruction thing
Or by Guilding,

Advanced Ryou as it has been explained has nothing to do with physical blows, Luffy could literally just place his hand on Kaido using this haki and still hurt him.

Uhhhh huh? I was referring to the statement from the cults (you know people like you) trying to justify the AdvCoC as "not punching harder" and now that awakening is happening you guys are back tracking.

Look at this comment by Solis,

Or by Bullet,

Or by Guilding,
Your entire premise is off. Oda never said "harder", nor did he say Luffy won't punch hard. He said (around Dressrosa/Zou) that his audience probably wouldn't be satisfied if the reason for beating Kaido is "just because Luffy's punch is so strong".

He was talking about the "strong punch" of 2016 Luffy, and that he needed to give him other things. So yes, giving him stronger Haki, be it CoA, CoC or CoO are part of that "other things".

Your entire premise is off. Oda never said "harder", nor did he say Luffy won't punch hard. He said (around Dressrosa/Zou) that his audience probably wouldn't be satisfied if the reason for beating Kaido is "just because Luffy's punch is so strong".
Harder, stronger, whatever. You know what I meant. Substituting harder for stronger doesn't change anything regarding my statement but of course cult fanbase will always try to find the tiniest mistake to nitpick and say "you see, you're wrong. Oda didn't say that".

He was talking about the "strong punch" of 2016 Luffy, and that he needed to give him other things. So yes, giving him stronger Haki, be it CoA, CoC or CoO are part of that "other things".
Read my comment again, but slower and carefully because you are having a really hard time understanding it.