This looks like its shaping up to be my favourite of the batch. It definitely looks like it has the most interesting panelling and imagery of this fight so far.

The imagery of young Spinner running without anyone behind him as he skulks as a monstrousity is probably the most I've ever cared about the character.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
This looks like its shaping up to be my favourite of the batch. It definitely looks like it has the most interesting panelling and imagery of this fight so far.

The imagery of young Spinner running without anyone behind him as he skulks as a monstrousity is probably the most I've ever cared about the character.
Yep it seems like a good chapter and good characterization for Spinner

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yeah, and Shoji and Koda got their cool moments. Bit of a shame one punch is all that Shoji really pulled off though.

Seems like Present Mic is going to be the one to finish this fight.
We have to remember that something weird happened when AFOShiggy yelled (with the stars) so maybe they won’t manage to save Kurorigi right away.

For Shoji and Koda it’s already better than what they ever had previously. I think it’s the end for them.

We have to remember that something weird happened when AFOShiggy yelled (with the stars) so maybe they won’t manage to save Kurorigi right away.
Thats true. Maybe AFO is already pulling the turn around and doesn't need Spinner at all.
For Shoji and Koda it’s already better than what they ever had previously. I think it’s the end for them.
This is also true sadly.

This is actually a really good moment, but it would definitely have worked better for more fleshed out or active characters in the plot.

In fact, reading even the raws, this felt like the climax for much more important characters.

Always thought it was weird how Spinner would go so far for Shiggy but it makes sense when you realize he has literally nothing else to live for.

Helping Shiggy is all he has to make himself feel like he mattered.

G

Gorosei Informer

100 tags maybe yet I'm still not included, RIP.

Chapter 372: NAKED

The chapter begins with Shoji and Koda asking All Might and Aizawa to assign them to the Central Hospital team. They're confused because the students are not supposed to know that, but Shoji says that the giant lady told them that a mutant group is preparing a raid.

Shoji says that if he ignores that he won't be able to call himself a hero. We then see a conversation between Aizawa and Mic, with Aizawa saying that leaking false information was not enough to fool the villains and asking Mic to also go to the Central Hospital.

Cut back to the present and we see Mic watching Shoji and Koda fight, thinking to himself that they are already much stronger than the "Three Idiots" when they were students. We then see a short flashback of Koda, with his mom saying that his horns will also grow someday.
The horns can make his feelings reach animals that are far away. She says that people were mean to her because of her appearance, but Koda's father always defended her and praised her horns. She hopes that Kouda will become an adult who gets angry for the right reasons. (Koda's father is not a mutant.)
Shoji and Koda attack at the same time with Octo Expansion and Hitchcock Buzz, the first being a very strong punch on Spinner and the other a flurry of birds attacking the general. Mic also helps with his voice.

Shouji asks Spinner what he wants to protect with his giant body and his scales. He then turns to the mutants on the ground and asks the same thing, what do they want to protect with these amazing powers they have. As he says this, he remembers Aoyama crying.
He asks them to stop because this attack will cause all future mutants to be persecuted. He then remembers the little girl he saved, as she's crying and saying that if she hadn't drowned, he wouldn't have been attacked by the villagers and his face wouldn't become so scary.
That's when Spinner starts yelling, saying that hatred will never disappear. If the heroes win this fight, nothing will change. He remembers the days when he lived locked up in his house and asks his companions to make their voices heard and follow him.

Spinner then propels himself from a building toward the Central Hospital. Shoji is held up by Koda's birds and realizes that Spinner has become even stronger, to the point where he can break through concrete. The mutants hesitate for a moment, but then shout in agreement.
The policemen notice that the mutants are more motivated and seem to deem it necessary to use firearms. We hear shots being fired but soon the focus shifts to inside the hospital, with Spinner smashing through the walls of the entrance hall.
He remembers AFO saying that Kurogiri must be in the research tower and says that when he finds him he has to play a voice recording of Shigaraki or AFO himself. He explains that Kurogiri is essential for them to win and that Spinner will become Tomura's hero.
We then see that all the doctors and nurses in the hospital joined hands to block a hall. One of the mutants is shocked by the scene and, remembering Shoji's words and thinking of the doctors treating the wounded, drops his weapon to the floor.

But Spinner keeps moving forward. He thinks to himself that he accepted he would always be a nobody, but if he fulfills this goal he will become "something". He says that the proof is that so many people are following him, but when he turns around he sees no one. This whole sequence is illustrated with young Spinner running, to show that he's lost in thoughts as he reminiscence his past and his whole life.

That's when Mic arrives in that hallway, saying that Shoji's voice has reached the other mutants and that he won't accomplish his goal. The chapter ends with the two arriving at the research tower, with Spinner shouting "KUROGIRI" and Mic shouting "SHIRAKUMO".

BREAK NEXT WEEK
Post automatically merged:

I haven't read in..... forever.

@RayanOO is it worth catching up to?
There are some things worth seeing but I wouldn't worry about catching up ASAP at least.

Lots of people getting fed up with the series atm in general and also before and this arc/final war is kinda messy as expected too.

Hori has been bombarding us with reveals now, including Toorus appearance, Dabis identity, UA traitor, Dekus "other abilities", villains backstories, AFO face, USA top hero etc, so that's pretty nice and cathartic too though.

Hori is meant to be ending MHA by end of next year IIRC, I have a feeling it was by the end of this year but no chance in hell for that. It would make Bleachs ending seem less rushed/extreme if even remotely possible to end it this year.
I think it was JJK or Chainsaw Man that wanted to end this year and MHA next year? I really can't remember and I don't read those series either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
this bit seems decent but not now, this is actually kind of annoying. i would be fine with and probably like these spinner/mutant chapters if they were earlier or something but right now I just want this to fuck off so we can get back to deku vs shigs

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I feel like this upcoming chapter kind of proves that Machia is going to break free as well very soon.
I hope so, I want him to wreak havoc and fight

But honestly with AFO old body, Aforaki and Dabi, I don’t know who can take down Machia

And Poor Spinner lol