Fights in mha actually have tension. Last time shigaraki went wild, he literally Thanos’d one of the top 10 heroes and took Aizawa’s eye.

fucking Laido couldn’t even kill a single scabbard
You would be surprised that most MHA fans don't think this fight is at all tense.

Every forum I've been to has been shitting on the total lack of tension in this final fight.

You would be surprised that most MHA fans don't think this fight is at all tense.

Every forum I've been to has been shitting on the total lack of tension in this final fight.
I probably just have low standards due to being a one piece fan.
  • Enji lost an Arm
  • Jiro lost an ear
  • Bakugo broke his arm, has a hole in his heart, and Edgeshot might die saving him
  • Mirko barely has limbs
It’s not perfect, but the war has consequences, the fight has consequences. Damage characters take seem real. Unlike Luffy, Kid, and Law having infinite stamina.

I probably just have low standards due to being a one piece fan.
  • Enji lost an Arm
  • Jiro lost an ear
  • Bakugo broke his arm, has a hole in his heart, and Edgeshot might die saving him
  • Mirko barely has limbs
It’s not perfect, but the war has consequences, the fight has consequences. Damage characters take seem real. Unlike Luffy, Kid, and Law having infinite stamina.
People are already claiming that all that will be undone by magic time rewinding Eri. I don't think it'll happen personally, but for me, I would like an actual death here and there.

One Piece is far more of a fantasy setting, and it doesn't sell itself on character deaths or stakes in the same way as MHA.

I'm feeling like MHA still has some stuff to follow through on in that regard.

Acting like Bakugos random savior sacrificing himself means anything...
If the Mangaka was so much better than Oda why not killing Bakugo of with no remorse, instead we get one of the dumbest revivals ever because he wanted to fool his community for the this trash character ..

Acting like Bakugos random savior sacrificing himself means anything...
If the Mangaka was so much better than Oda why not killing Bakugo of with no remorse, instead we get one of the dumbest revivals ever because he wanted to fool his community for the this trash character ..
killing off bakugo in that way would have been pointless. Edgeshot dying to save bakugo is much better.
Post automatically merged:

people shit on MHA so much, but honestly I don't think its nearly as bad as the recent years of one piece.

I think MHA is supposed to be easily consumable and entertaining. Which it is. The back to back fights, Deku getting new abilities, and the fast pacing makes it far less insufferable than recent one piece.

imo the length of OP inherently creates a lot of expectations for the future which Oda ultimately fails to live up too.

Last edited:
killing off bakugo in that way would have been pointless. Edgeshot dying to save bakugo is much better.

people shit on MHA so much, but honestly I don't think its nearly as bad as the recent years of one piece.

I think MHA is supposed to be easily consumable and entertaining. Which it is. The back to back fights, Deku getting new abilities, and the fast pacing makes it far less insufferable than recent one piece.

imo the length of OP inherently creates a lot of expectations for the future which Oda ultimately fails to live up too.
As someone who thinks both are solid, I think One Piece for me is still just a better written story, even if it does have its immense share of pitfalls. To me, it just generally has stronger characterization and uses of side characters than MHA.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think Oda just clutters things way too much every chapter to the point its hard to invest in any single plot line because there are 4 going on a chapter at the same time.

Oda's art is also not as good as it used to be. Its incredibly cluttered and difficult to read, and Oda does less creative things with panel layouts than he did before.

For MHA, I think the issue is that Hori really loves emphasizing characters only when they are having a big moment, so you can sometimes have characters like Edgeshot who are literal nobodies suddenly do something incredibly important out of nowhere. This can be effective sometimes, but it can also be a bit cheap.

One Piece has a massive cast, but I still feel like it manages its cast better than MHA, and I think thats partially due to how it emphasizes and gives personalities and backstories to its characters, as opposed to MHA, which I feel handles side character backstory timing a bit worse.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff okay, I see you Hornykoshi, I see you.

MHA fans on Twitter: "We want to see Hagakure when she's not invisible! We want to see what she really looks like!"
(monkey paw finger curls)
MHA fans on Twitter: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT LIKE THIS!"

It’s kinda hard to invest in this battle since none of the side battles have finished yet and this is clearly another false climax

Last edited:
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff okay, I see you Hornykoshi, I see you.

MHA fans on Twitter: "We want to see Hagakure when she's not invisible! We want to see what she really looks like!"
(monkey paw finger curls)
MHA fans on Twitter: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT LIKE THIS!"

Better that irrelevant invisible Girl than a close up of Mirios Ass

As someone who thinks both are solid, I think One Piece for me is still just a better written story, even if it does have its immense share of pitfalls. To me, it just generally has stronger characterization and uses of side characters than MHA.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think Oda just clutters things way too much every chapter to the point its hard to invest in any single plot line because there are 4 going on a chapter at the same time.

Oda's art is also not as good as it used to be. Its incredibly cluttered and difficult to read, and Oda does less creative things with panel layouts than he did before.

For MHA, I think the issue is that Hori really loves emphasizing characters only when they are having a big moment, so you can sometimes have characters like Edgeshot who are literal nobodies suddenly do something incredibly important out of nowhere. This can be effective sometimes, but it can also be a bit cheap.

One Piece has a massive cast, but I still feel like it manages its cast better than MHA, and I think thats partially due to how it emphasizes and gives personalities and backstories to its characters, as opposed to MHA, which I feel handles side character backstory timing a bit worse.
MHA has villains that you can "respect" like AFO, Shigaraki, Dabi, Twice, etc. OP has no real "villains" except the Buster Call and that new attack (not mentioned for spoilers for anime-only fans).

There is little to no character development in OP. For example, Robin being what should be a quite complex charater, has not grown since Enies Lobby. There is much more in MHA. It isn't perfect but still far superior to OP. Addressing your one point directly, why develop a character if they are irrelevant to a given arc? That would be just like putting peanut butter on a orange.

Then there is the matter of battles...well Oda's battles are pretty much mid at best. Hori is far superior to Oda when it comes to battles.

Oda's worlds are top shelf. I can't think of a better shonen mangaka for "world" creation.

Spoiler: Shigaraki's True Final Form
Not going to lie, this got a laugh out of me. Bravo.

Oh god.

MHA has villains that you can "respect" like AFO, Shigaraki, Dabi, Twice, etc. OP has no real "villains" except the Buster Call and that new attack (not mentioned for spoilers for anime-only fans).
I like some of MHA's villains, but I think the serie suffers from making the heroes way too competent. Like, its kind of a joke in the MHA community how inept the villains are most of the time.

This final arc is literally the 4 time that the villains have been tricked into a trap by the good guys, and the villains don't really have much of an answer back.

Thats where I think villains like Doflamingo and Crocodile shine far better, where they genuinely outwit or keep the heroes on their toes most of the arc. I think Crocdile pulled this off the best personally. Not only was he a massive physical threat, but at every step he nearly completely outwitted the protagonists, with the strawhats only getting a few victories on him in terms of wits(and those victories had to be really well earned, like Sanji's Mr Prince plan).

Also, One Piece villains tend to be "the main threat" for a lot longer than MHA villains. MHA isn't that long, and for most of it, the villains are sort of just in the background(they were literally homeless bums for over quarter the length of the series or in jail).

There was a bit of that at the beginning of Wano with Kanjuro's betrayal, but otherwise, Kaido was more a looming physical force than a planner.

There is little to no character development in OP. For example, Robin being what should be a quite complex charater, has not grown since Enies Lobby. There is much more in MHA. It isn't perfect but still far superior to OP. Addressing your one point directly, why develop a character if they are irrelevant to a given arc? That would be just like putting peanut butter on a orange.
One Piece characters not necessarily changing dramatically is fine. One Piece has a lot of character arcs that reaffirm the positive traits of its characters. Its not "growth", but its still another perfectly viable form of character arc. In that sense, I think One Piece is able to spread out those character moments in a far more natural fashion than MHA.(there are problems with One Piece and how it conveys backstories though due to the art and panelling being cramped AF).

There is growth among characters in OP, just typically not a lot among the secondary cast, and thats typically because we are more invested in seeing their characters experience challenges that reaffirm the things that make them compelling. Its a different kind of character usage.

MHA does actually have some nice character arc writing. But that tends to be brushed under the rug, or happen too suddenly to really invest in. Like, with fucking Edgeshot or Nejire this arc. They're given quick one page spreads to explain their backstories and motivations and then end up not really accomplishing a whole lot. Like, Edgeshot and Best Jeanist's relationship is super forced bro. With One Piece, you can at least get excited at the idea of a character interacting or meeting up again because they are usually connected in some complicated way.

In MHA, its not uncommon for the sudden "Me and this other character have never meaningfully interacted before this point but we were actually super close childhood friends".

You can say "oh, why focus on them if they aren't relevant", but if two characters are shown side by side with each other for over a hundred chapters only for it to be revealed they are actually incredibly important to each other and know each other from prior experience, I think thats a freaking problem lol.
Then there is the matter of battles...well Oda's battles are pretty much mid at best. Hori is far superior to Oda when it comes to battles.
Hori definitely has better art and strategy when it comes to battles.

Oda's action isn't great, especially nowadays. The anime really carrying that action hard for the most part.

Oda's worlds are top shelf. I can't think of a better shonen mangaka for "world" creation.
I think world in this case, is also part of character though.

Oda's world feels so lived in and explored because loads of characters are connected with each other in interesting ways.

Just look at the scabbards.

Even though they are primarily from Wano, you have Neko and Inu who were from Zou, who were part of Whitebeards crew. Kiku is Izo's sibling, who joined he who was a commander we saw way earlier in Marineford arc. The Whitebeard pirates are deeply connected with Fishman island, which was under their protection. As such, they have great relationships with the royal family of Fishman Island and the Sun pirates. Jinbei who was a former captain of the sun pirates and warlord was friends with Fisher Tiger, who freed the slaves, including other warlord Boa Hancock and Koala. Boa Hancock got saved by Rayliegh, Koala knows Jinbei directly and joined the revos. As such, Koala knows everyone in the revolutionary army, notably Sabo, Ivankov, Kuma, Dragon and Robin, and also practises fishman karate as a callback to her being saved by fishmen.

Also, Koala being connected to the sun pirates is something established way before her introduction in the present tense. Its a flashback that ties her to the world, but also is not done last minute to give her character catharsis before she finally does something.

I feel like this is obvious to point out, but this is the sort of world building that makes the characters feel more real and alive than I think a lot of MHA characters feel.

I can't tell you a single interesting thing about 90% of the students histories that inform their characters.

For example, Jiro trained under Death Arms in her hero training internship. Death Arms retired. This has yet to be brought up.

Aoyama, Hagakure and Mina all had internships with the number 9 hero Yoroi Musha. None of them make even a small comment on the fact he also retired.

Its these small things that I feel like MHA could benefit from suggesting more from. MHA does this in spades for major characters, but doesn't do this to the same extent for minor characters in the same way, while One Piece absolutely does pay more attention to these sort of details.

Last edited: