Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Okay but consider the arc he’s gone through during the series. He went from hating pirates on principle to being forced to put his trust in Law during Punk Hazard. Him becoming a pirate as opposed to serving a corrupt institution that is trying to kill the guy who’s been helping the kids they met at Punk Hazard wouldn’t be an absurd character shift imo
He didn’t put his trust in law? He didn’t care if law beat Vergo or not. All smoker cared about was his debt.

Smoker hates pirates. Him becoming a pirate would be like Luffy becoming a marine

I'd say that currently Vivi has the highest chances of joining, but everyone ignores her since she's basically the vanilla ice cream of SH candidates
That's not why people ignore her. People ignore her because she's a non combatabt with no role, she still has her obligation to Alabasta, she's been gone for 800 chapters, and Oda already confirmed he considered having her join but decided against it. Also she's currently winning the pole by a large margin, so I'd say she's actually overrated if anything.

That's not why people ignore her. People ignore her because she's a non combatabt with no role, she still has her obligation to Alabasta, she's been gone for 800 chapters, and Oda already confirmed he considered having her join but decided against it. Also she's currently winning the pole by a large margin, so I'd say she's actually overrated if anything.

I've given up on her completely.

She has obligations to Alabasta but she's being chased by the king of the world after her dad was assasinated.

She's on the run she can't come back.

And as for power levels, she basically would need a Nami type of power. People kinda forget Nami is basically just a human with a 2 strong weapons (staff and Zeus)

I'd say that currently Vivi has the highest chances of joining, but everyone ignores her since she's basically the vanilla ice cream of SH candidates
She doesn't have any goals that makes sense or aligns with being a member of a pirate crew.

Luffy-pirate king
Zoro-WSS
Nami-map the world
Sanji-find all blue
Franky-develop best ship
Robin-find the lost history
Chopper-being a great doctor or something.
Usopp-be a brave warrior of the sea
Jimbei-not sure
Brook-not sure

Vivi-be a great monarch? Why would she need to join the SH crew for?

She has obligations to Alabasta but she's being chased by the king of the world after her dad was assasinated.

She's on the run she can't come back.

And as for power levels, she basically would need a Nami type of power. People kinda forget Nami is basically just a human with a 2 strong weapons (staff and Zeus)
And after the WG is defeated, she'll return to Alabasta. She simply can't make a long term commitment to the Strawhat pirates.

Nami has spent years mastering and improving the clima tact. She stole a piece of a Yonko's soul to increase her power. Let's not act like she just picked up a weapon and became strong. Vivi recieving some kind of crazy weapon or overpowered devil fruit and suddenly going from non combatant to yonko crew top brass would completely invalidate all the hard work the strawhats put in, especially the timeskip.

She doesn't have any goals that makes sense or aligns with being a member of a pirate crew.

Luffy-pirate king
Zoro-WSS
Nami-map the world
Sanji-find all blue
Franky-develop best ship
Robin-find the lost history
Chopper-being a great doctor or something.
Usopp-be a brave warrior of the sea
Jimbei-not sure
Brook-not sure

Vivi-be a great monarch? Why would she need to join the SH crew for?
To defeat the WG that's actively chasign after her? Avenge her dad? Brign peace back to the world? Defeat the person who is preventing her from going back to Alabasta?

I mean Jimbei wants to end fish racism, not all the dreams are personal, some are geo-political

And after the WG is defeated, she'll return to Alabasta. She simply can't make a long term commitment to the Strawhat pirates.

Nami has spent years mastering and improving the clima tact. She stole a piece of a Yonko's soul to increase her power. Let's not act like she just picked up a weapon and became strong. Vivi recieving some kind of crazy weapon or overpowered devil fruit and suddenly going from non combatant to yonko crew top brass would completely invalidate all the hard work the strawhats put in, especially the timeskip.

After the WG is defeated you're at EOS at that point the SHs will jsut do whatever

People ignore it because rather than using the reverie as a way to bring Vivi back into the plot and maybe make one of the grand fleets that were there take her to luffy, oda instead made her another damsel in distress which at this point there’s no point waiting for her to return

Yeah but where is Vivi right now? And what is she going to do?

She can't spend the next 6 years flying around on a blimp. She's either going to get captured or join some ally side, revs or SHs, possibly some small Marine group of good guys

Its a slighty better cope than the candidates presented currently in this thread.

At least mine isnt dead, an unredeemable villain or someone with 5 panels in an arc
Interesting - your level of cope seems to be decreasing with time. However, I am still unsure about your view on unredeemable persons, as it seems more askew to the norm.
To ascertain how much this hinders your healing, I have to make further evaluations. For this, could you please sort the following characters according to their unredeemabilty? (Starting from more redeemable to least redeemable):

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

He didn’t put his trust in law? He didn’t care if law beat Vergo or not. All smoker cared about was his debt.

Smoker hates pirates. Him becoming a pirate would be like Luffy becoming a marine
I mean Smoker’s grown to genuinely respect Luffy. When Doflamingo had him dead to rights and threatened him to give up Luffy’s location, Smoker didn’t budge

To defeat the WG that's actively chasign after her? Avenge her dad? Brign peace back to the world? Defeat the person who is preventing her from going back to Alabasta?

I mean Jimbei wants to end fish racism, not all the dreams are personal, some are geo-political

After the WG is defeated you're at EOS at that point the SHs will jsut do whatever
Not really. If she joins just for the final war and then immediately leaves again to rule Alabasta, then she didn't really join the crew, did she? Just another temporary ally like she was for the Alabasta saga.