Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
That's the power of copium :ihaha:

Also the Vegapunk bandwagon kinda began and ended around the same time :risitavirus:
Most of the Vegapunk stans only stanned him because of his blatantly strawhat like dream. Once Stussy came along and it was a reasonable theory that she could inherit his dream, we pretty much all moved over to her. She fixes all the problems Vegapunk for nakama had, being a fighter, not being from the last generation, being an outcast, most likely having a tragic backstory, etc, so it just made more sense. I still think that dream is the number one point for Stussy even though it was Vegapunk who introduced it. It's just that good of a strawhat dream. Imo, someone who has this dream is all but certain to join the crew, whether it's Vegapunk, Stussy, Bonney, or whoever.

Lmao
You're right, I will continue to theorize about candidates who are relevant to the story and are presently alive. Though I will give up on a new nakama if one doesn't join in egghead given how late in the story it is. I'd say that's better than staying obsessed with a character that hasn't appeared for 200 chapters and is presumed dead:kailaugh:
Stussy has little relevance to the overall story. You might as well give up now if you think a crewmate is joining on Egghead.

If you think it's better to grasp at characters who are barely developed or foreshadowed then have at it.
First of all: A warm welcome.
I am glad you have decided to take this step and come here to work on your problems. Please, sit down and feel at home.

So, for how long have you been coping until now?
Post automatically merged:

Is the debate already staring? Oh - good!

Aside from the bet, you said above that you have already pointed out multiple reasons, why Pedro is your choice. Could you please list them here for me again? - this is just for me to get an overview.
Well... I try not to bring why Pedro will join simply because he hasn't been shown "alive" since Tottoland. Get a lot of pushback.

But since you asked, I'll summarize and emphasize.
  1. Pedro fits an established role in Ship Guardian that supersets Lookout by definition.
  2. Pedro looks similar to the bronze statue imagined by Luffy right after Skypeia.
  3. Pedro looks similar to the new Foxy Pirates flag drawn by Luffy. This was during an arc about getting a new crewmate, in particular a Shipwright. Afro! reference which leads to Brook's foreshadowing.
  4. Robin imagines cats during Kuma's Paw Fruit explanation. A connection from Kuma to Big Cat Mink Pedro.
  5. Kuma protects the Sunny during the timeskip. Ship Guard duties! connecting to Kuma. Franky mentions this to Luffy and crew.
  6. Kuma is now relevant to the main story during the Egghead arc. And we see that the Paw Fruit can be copied in S-Bear.
  7. Luffy alludes to having another crewmate in Pudding if she were to marry Sanji. This shows Luffy is open to a crewmate after Jinbe.
  8. Luffy and other guys wanted to see a super cool ninja...got cool Raizo instead. Note: Pedro and other Guardians were able to sneak up on Luffy. Nin Nin!
  9. Luffy doesn't really interact with ninjas in Wano. Why would Oda deprive Luffy those interactions?
  10. Luffy asks if Vegapunk is a ninja. Apparently Luffy is STILL thinking about ninjas AFTER Wano. Which makes sense because above point.
  11. Pedro was extremely helpful in Tottoland. He helps be a distraction for Brook stealing a Ponegliff copy AND hurts Perospero enough to free the Sunny and crew from certain doom.
  12. Yet we the audience did not see his Sulong which are among the very few not seen like Zepo, Bepo, Faust, and Pekoms manga transformation.
  13. Luffy remembers what Pedro did for him by his name reference while turning back to Gear 5 in the Kaido fight.
  14. Luffy invited a Jaguar Centaur to join which connects to Luffy wanting a crewmate after Jinbe like point 7.
  15. Jaguar D Saul was brought back to life. A jaguar coming back to life.
  16. Will of P
  17. Ninja Guardian
  18. Nin Jaguar Dian (Dyin')
  19. Luffy's crewmates have all been in a Cover Story. Pedro and Pekoms escape from Tottoland? Nox Pirates reunion!?!?
  20. Pedro fits the mold of being the eyepatch character. A Ninja Pirate!

Stussy has little relevance to the overall story. You might as well give up now if you think a crewmate is joining on Egghead.

If you think it's better to grasp at characters who are barely developed or foreshadowed then have at it.

Well... I try not to bring why Pedro will join simply because he hasn't been shown "alive" since Tottoland. Get a lot of pushback.

1. Pedro fits an established role in Ship Guardian that supersets Lookout by definition.
  2. Pedro looks similar to the bronze statue imagined by Luffy right after Skypeia.
  3. Pedro looks similar to the new Foxy Pirates flag drawn by Luffy. This was during an arc about getting a new crewmate, in particular a Shipwright. Afro! reference which leads to Brook's foreshadowing.
  4. Robin imagines cats during Kuma's Paw Fruit explanation. A connection from Kuma to Big Cat Mink Pedro.
  5. Kuma protects the Sunny during the timeskip. Ship Guard duties! connecting to Kuma. Franky mentions this to Luffy and crew.
  6. Kuma is now relevant to the main story during the Egghead arc. And we see that the Paw Fruit can be copied in S-Bear.
  7. Luffy alludes to having another crewmate in Pudding if she were to marry Sanji. This shows Luffy is open to a crewmate after Jinbe.
  8. Luffy and other guys wanted to see a super cool ninja...got cool Raizo instead. Note: Pedro and other Guardians were able to sneak up on Luffy. Nin Nin!
  9. Luffy doesn't really interact with ninjas in Wano. Why would Oda deprive Luffy those interactions?
  10. Luffy asks if Vegapunk is a ninja. Apparently Luffy is STILL thinking about ninjas AFTER Wano. Which makes sense because above point.
  11. Pedro was extremely helpful in Tottoland. He helps be a distraction for Brook stealing a Ponegliff copy AND hurts Perospero enough to free the Sunny and crew from certain doom.
  12. Yet we the audience did not see his Sulong which are among the very few not seen like Zepo, Bepo, Faust, and Pekoms manga transformation.
  13. Luffy remembers what Pedro did for him by his name reference while turning back to Gear 5 in the Kaido fight.
  14. Luffy invited a Jaguar Centaur to join which connects to Luffy wanting a crewmate after Jinbe like point 7.
  16. Will of P
  17. Ninja Guardian
  19. Luffy's crewmates have all been in a Cover Story. Pedro and Pekoms escape from Tottoland? Nox Pirates reunion!?!?
Let me be clear that my prediction of Stussy is 100% based on Vegapunk's dream. Every character in the entire series with a dream like that either joined the crew or passed their dream down to someone who did. I'm fully convinced that we will get a crew member with a dream to find the ancient kindom's infinite energy source. My pick for nakama is whoever is most likely to carry out that dream. Right now that's Stussy for sure. If we find out that Kuma shared Vegapunk's dream, I'll be pretty convinced of Bonney instead. I would also say that Vegapunk's comments about Stussy hinted at a future story for her, and she's connected to Weevil and the Rocks pirates, which makes me think she will be important soon. That's true regardless of if she joins the crew.

Also most of your points here are nonsense and/or unrelated to Pedro

Last edited:
Not really. If she joins just for the final war and then immediately leaves again to rule Alabasta, then she didn't really join the crew, did she? Just another temporary ally like she was for the Alabasta saga.
Yeah but don't you think she's going to join some faction? Or do you think she's gonna hang around with Morgans till the last war?

Yeah but don't you think she's going to join some faction? Or do you think she's gonna hang around with Morgans till the last war?
No, I imagine she'll be on the run, mostly off panel, until Luffy vs Blackbeard finishes, and then I think she'll join the strawhat ally faction for the war along with the likes of Hancock, the scabbards, the supernovas, and countless others. She'll probably be one of the most prominent among them too. That doesn't mean she'll join the crew.

Let me be clear that my prediction of Stussy is 100% based on Vegapunk's dream. Every character in the entire series with a dream like that either joined the crew or passed their dream down to someone who did. I'm fully convinced that we will get a crew member with a dream to find the ancient kindom's infinite energy source. My pick for nakama is whoever is most likely to carry out that dream. Right now that's Stussy for sure. If we find out that Kuma shared Vegapunk's dream, I'll be pretty convinced of Bonney instead. I would also say that Vegapunk's comments about Stussy hinted at a future story for her, and she's connected to Weevil and the Rocks pirates, which makes me think she will be important soon. That's true regardless of if she joins the crew.

Also most of your points here are nonsense and/or unrelated to Pedro
I agree! And if Stussy is a modified human/clone she could have high intelligence and be able to understand the since behind the invite energy source.

the correct answer is hancock

dream: downfall of celestial dragons
role: animal tamer (will bring snakes with her)
sad backstory with rolemodel: fishertiger
bbp opponent: devon rematch

she won't join crossguild, she hates men. she has to leave her island. coby said navy wasn't targeting other kuja, so they can stay. huge gag potential. she would be fem sanji. simp over luffy. she would bring more dicipline to the crew. no more nami putting luffy in a cage. she would turn sanji to stone, when he simps too much. she already has a connection to jinbe.

the correct answer is hancock

dream: downfall of celestial dragons
role: animal tamer (will bring snakes with her)
sad backstory with rolemodel: fishertiger
bbp opponent: devon rematch

she won't join crossguild, she hates men. she has to leave her island. coby said navy wasn't targeting other kuja, so they can stay. huge gag potential. she would be fem sanji. simp over luffy. she would bring more dicipline to the crew. no more nami putting luffy in a cage. she would turn sanji to stone, when he simps too much. she already has a connection to jinbe.
I think Hancock would be my top prediction if not for Vegapunk's dream tbh.

16. Will of P
  17. Ninja Guardian
I seriously had not thought you would present me with a long list. And I am surprised that you found so many details, given that the story of One Piece is already over 1000 chapters long. It tells me that there is much dedication behind your opinion. I think you are a huge Pedro fan, right?
I understand that you get a lot of pushback. So, I was contemplating of what I should write you as debating with me will inevitably result in getting more "pushback", considering I have my own theory backed up with hints and proofs.

If you are ready for pushback - I can give you that. But the resulting debate will be heavy.

Vivi is part of the crew when she meets them again. That’s what the promise was about.

Oda already clarified at the time that he considered having Vivi join but decided against it. If your argument is that he later changed his mind and now she's going to join, then you can't use this panel as evidence since we know for a fact that Oda wasn't hinting at that. Also shipmate is a bad translation for nakama. Nakama does not imply joining the crew.
Also she would need a vivre card to luffy to sail to him
Well the whole world knows he was just in Wano so she knows his general location, but I don't think she'll join at this point.

Has someone of the Stussy-stans thought about the fact that we already know the blood types of each crew member? I could imagine that each blood type tastes different to Stussy - if we assume that she drinks blood. And maybe the rarer the type, the tastier? Imagine the ensuing conversation on the Sunny considering Sanji and his rare blood type.

Anyway, I want to know if she needs to drink blood or even if she needs it. Her favorite dish is apple pie (Vivre card), so she must be able to eat normally and doesn't rely on blood alone. But if she can eat normal food, does she even need blood at all in her diet?

Oda already clarified at the time that he considered having Vivi join but decided against it.
I don’t think he’s ever said that.
Also shipmate is a bad translation for nakama. Nakama does not imply joining the crew.
Nakama does imply joining the crew. In One Piece it’s always the case that Luffy calls the Strawhats his nakama while his other friends are tomodachi.

That’s why Law gets pissed in Dressrosa. Luffy calls him nakama (i.e. his crewmate), Law gets angry.

I don’t think he’s ever said that.

Nakama does imply joining the crew. In One Piece it’s always the case that Luffy calls the Strawhats his nakama while his other friends are tomodachi.

That’s why Law gets pissed in Dressrosa. Luffy calls him nakama (i.e. his crewmate), Law gets angry.

I read an interview recently where Oda said he didn't create Vivi with the intention of her joining the crew, but after seeing her popularity, he considered it, and in the end decided against it. I'll try and find it and post it here.

As far as the nakama thing, Vivi being a nakama implies that she's one of the strawhats, which she is. She's an honorary member, as established in the panel you posted. The translation of shipmate implies that the next time they meet she will literally sail away with them, which is not what nakama means. She can't actually fully join them since sge must rule Alabasta, but she will always be considered one of them.

This panel has existed for 20 years, and only in the past two have people tried to retcon it into a setup for Vivi to join the crew.